Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Gazelle Champion Mondial grades

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Old 06-12-20, 12:05 AM
rku615

Bikes: Currently: Tommasini Sintesi, Concorde Astore (OTW), Gazelle Champion Mondial (1979)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts

Hello all,
I have been trying to Google and search this forum on the Gazelle Champion Mondial on how to differentiate the grades and what are the differences.

Probably have been posted before but not much info and some digging led to dead links.

Thanks in advance
Johnny
Old 06-12-20, 01:07 AM
non-fixie 
Shifting is fun!

Bikes: Yes, please.

Mentioned: 279 Post(s)
Quoted: 2192 Post(s)
Liked 4,581 Times in 1,762 Posts
Everything you'll ever want to know about the Champion Mondial can be found here, I think:

gazellechampionmondial.nl

Old 06-12-20, 01:37 AM
verktyg 
verktyg

Bikes: Current favorites: 1988 Peugeot Birraritz, 1984 Gitane Super Corsa, 1980s DeRosa, 1981 Bianchi Campione Del Mondo, 1992 Paramount OS, 1988 Colnago Technos, 1985 RalieghUSA SBDU Team Pro

Mentioned: 207 Post(s)
Quoted: 1036 Post(s)
Liked 1,237 Times in 653 Posts
Gazelle Champion Mondial Website

Originally Posted by rku615
Hello all,
I have been trying to Google and search this forum on the Gazelle Champion Mondial on how to differentiate the grades and what are the differences.
Probably have been posted before but not much info and some digging led to dead links.
Thanks in advance
Johnny
Here ya go.... Answers to all (or most) of your questions:

https://www.gazellechampionmondial.nl/index.html

velobase.com - GREAT WEBSITE but one caveat, most entries are anecdotal so there can be differences of opinions on technical details.

https://tinyurl.com/yd4voq4q

NOTE: Because of a trade mark or copyright issue Gazelle Champion Mondial bikes sold in Germany were labeled as Gazelle Champion only.

I have 2 NOS Gazelle frames that have been sitting in my stash for over 10 years:

A 1973 Champion Mondial "A-Frame"

My 1994 Champion Mondial "AB-Frame" made of Reynolds 531C "Competition" tubing. It has a racing team number tab with a wingnut under the top tube.

verktyg

Chas. ;-)

Last edited by verktyg; 06-12-20 at 03:26 AM.
Likes For verktyg:
Old 06-12-20, 01:45 AM
rku615

Bikes: Currently: Tommasini Sintesi, Concorde Astore (OTW), Gazelle Champion Mondial (1979)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Awesome! Thank you all for quick response. I wonder why Google didn't bring me to that links you all mentioned.... technology have it's limitations I guess.

Have a great day!
Johnny