Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage > Classic and Vintage Sales
Reload this Page >

FS: Freschi Supreme 60cm Frameset

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-23, 03:07 PM
squarenoise 

Bikes: Raleigh Competition GS, Freschi Supreme, Miyata 1000, Trek 520, Marin Pine Mountain, Specialized RockCombo, Soma Smoothie, Surly Cross-Check

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked 268 Times in 105 Posts

$600 Plus Actual Shipping from Tucson, AZ. US only please.
$500 Plus Actual Shipping from Tucson, AZ. US only please.

Coming to terms with essentially being a "dad bike" rider here on out and offering up the sportiest, arguably coolest bike I've ever owned.

It's a Freschi Supreme Dual System (Duo Sistem) model made with Columbus SL tubing and has a split/doubled seat tube, giving more rigidity to the rear triangle, also making it more compact. This frameset is very unique and rare, hand-built by Freschi in Milan, Italy. Estimated to be from 1983.

Purchased as a frameset in late 2011/early 2012 from Paul Domingue of Velo Specialties and had it built it up with a mix of Campagnolo Super Record and Victory components. I've included a photo of the complete bike to give you a better idea what it looks like built up.

There's been some debate about Freschi's connection to Pogliaghi, but I found this website that seems to have the definitive answer, based on information from Francesco Freschi's son, Emiliano. Definitely recommend reading and there are tons of great reference photos. There's also mention of only twenty "Dual Systems" made by Freschi, which would make this frame extra rare, but not certain how that could be confirmed.

The bike is structurally sound and in good rider condition. Lots of little chips in the paint with the worst areas being a larger touchup spot under the top tube, as well as the underside of the bottom bracket. The white paint on the non drive side chain stay is a different color than the rest of the frame, so it may be chrome underneath and probably painted over at some point. The chrome on the drive side stay is kinda rough with a large area peeled away near the bottom bracket. The chrome on the fork is in overall decent shape, with a chip near the panto on the non drive side and at the dropouts.

Frame Details:
- 60cm CC Seat Tube
- 58cm CC Top Tube
- 126mm Rear Spacing
- Columbus SL Tubing
- Italian Threaded Bottom Bracket
- 27.2 Seatpost Diameter
- Aero Shifter Mounts
- Internally Routed Shifter Cables
- Internally Routed Brake Cables
- One Bottle Mount
- Chain Hanger

I'm including the Campagnolo Headset (Nuovo Record, I believe). The races have some pitting so it's a bit rough/indexed, just consider it an extra freebie.

Also included:
- Freschi Pantographed Campagnolo Shift Levers
- Campagnolo Seatpost Binder Bolt
- Decal Set in case of full repaint
- Long Sleeve Freschi Jersey (size 5)
- Leather Padded Freschi Gloves

Last edited by squarenoise; 11-13-23 at 12:54 PM. Reason: price drop
Likes For squarenoise:
Old 11-05-23, 03:08 PM
squarenoise 

Bikes: Raleigh Competition GS, Freschi Supreme, Miyata 1000, Trek 520, Marin Pine Mountain, Specialized RockCombo, Soma Smoothie, Surly Cross-Check

Likes For squarenoise:
Old 11-06-23, 08:47 AM
Maxey

Bikes: Some old ones and some new ones

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked 185 Times in 92 Posts
A unique and beautiful frame. Love the shifter mount, have never seen any like that before. GLWS.
Likes For Maxey:
Old 11-06-23, 09:18 AM
romperrr 
Pedal to the medal

Bikes: 1991 Team Miyata Track, 1992 Lemond Alpe d'Huez, 19?? Schwinn High Serra, 1982 Trek 614, 198X Raleigh Alyeska

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Liked 210 Times in 136 Posts
Beautiful, interesting frame. This is why I frequent this forum, to learn about this kinda esoteric stuff. Thankfully too big for me.
Likes For romperrr:
Old 11-06-23, 05:50 PM
Brewsmith 

Bikes: 1987 Centurion Ironman Master, 1989 Centurion Ironman Expert, 1972 Motobecane Grand Jubilee

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked 171 Times in 66 Posts
Very cool! Looks like a super tight wheelbase. What size tires can you shoe horn in there?
Old 11-06-23, 07:12 PM
squarenoise 

Originally Posted by Brewsmith
Very cool! Looks like a super tight wheelbase. What size tires can you shoe horn in there?
I always rode it with 23s, but surprisingly enough you could get away with 28s. The benefit of the split seat tube allows for the tire to fit right in between there.
Likes For squarenoise:
Old 11-13-23, 12:56 PM
squarenoise 

Any interest at $500 plus shipping? Most likely listing on "the bay" later this week.
Old 11-13-23, 01:38 PM
Lamont Cobb

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked 49 Times in 37 Posts
That's beautiful - I love the split seat tube and shifter mounts.
Likes For Lamont Cobb: