Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Triathlon
Reload this Page >

Quintana Roo Superform

Search
Notices
Triathlon Swim / Bike / Run your thing? Drop in our new triathlon forum for the latest in training & gear. From beginner to expert, and sprint to ironman.

Quintana Roo Superform

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-20, 11:43 AM
WGB 
WGB

Bikes: Panasonic PT-4500

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1794 Post(s)
Liked 2,328 Times in 1,375 Posts
Quintana Roo Superform

CAN'T DELETE THREAD.
MODERATOR PLEASE DELETE THREAD AS RE-POSTED ON C&V AND NO ONE ELSE HAS POSTED ON THIS ONE

I'm into road bikes, specifically the C&V side of the house. Never been into tri and have no real idea about these bikes. I saw an ad for a road bike with Shimano 105 (but missing brake and levers and seat). Poor photos but close to home so went and saw it. When I got there saw smaller wheels and learned it was "650". I assumed 650b and thought, great can add wider tires, but no, it's 650c which of course it a totally different thing all together.

I built it back up yesterday by adding a temp seat and pedals and rode it on my street (no brakes so very short ride). Sorry to say it doesn't work for me even though it seems a well built bike, so will pass on the frame and wheelset, either with or without components. I know they still make 650c tubes and tires but there are lot of things made for specialty markets.

My question is: Are 650c wheels/650c bikes generally obsolete? I see very limited to 650c bikes and I've never seen a Superform before. No listings for sale anywhere and that's why I'm asking here. Does anyone know about these bikes, where the junk??

Last edited by WGB; 06-28-20 at 07:37 PM.