Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fitting Your Bike
Reload this Page >

Lesson on Centre of Gravity.. Journey Through Time W/ Stem & Top Tube Lengths..

Search
Notices
Fitting Your Bike Are you confused about how you should fit a bike to your particular body dimensions? Have you been reading, found the terms Merxx or French Fit, and don’t know what you need? Every style of riding is different- in how you fit the bike to you, and the sizing of the bike itself. It’s more than just measuring your height, reach and inseam. With the help of Bike Fitting, you’ll be able to find the right fit for your frame size, style of riding, and your particular dimensions. Here ya’ go…..the location for everything fit related.

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-21, 10:08 PM
Moisture
Drip, Drip.

Bikes: Trek Verve E bike, Felt Doctrine 4 XC, Opus Horizon Apex 1

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked 193 Times in 163 Posts

As some of you may be aware, finding a good fit for me has been a mostly trial and error ordeal costing me quite a bit of work and experimentation to get right.

After doing everything I can for a reasonably comfortable fit buying all sort of ridiculous stems and risers on a poorly fitting mountain bike, I've finally got my top tube/stem length right with a shorter stem. On my 1980 road bike.

While handling balance does feel just about spot on for me, there really is a limit to how cramped the cabin can be without needlessly impacting aerodynamics and my overall centre of gravity.

In the future, I think I'd have to stick to a comfortable cruiser bike with swept back bars and a tall ass stem. Enough d*cking around with stems and handlebar conversions for me...

At least I got something which works right and is oh so personalized..

For reference am currently am about 6ft3 and 200lb

Last edited by Moisture; 01-10-21 at 02:59 PM.