Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Bottom Bracket for Waterford

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-21, 02:34 PM
jceastbay

Bikes: 1984 Ritchey converted for touring; 1995 Waterford

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I have a 1995 Waterford, and I'm planning to upgrade with a completely new groupset -- Ultegra R8000 11 speed, including bottom bracket and crankset. I've replaced all the other components on this or other bikes in the past but never worked on the bottom bracket -- anything I should know to be sure that this will be compatible with a 1995 steel frame, besides the English threading on the bottom bracket? Or other tips I should be aware of before I order the groupset? Thanks, John
Old 01-25-21, 03:34 PM
cxwrench

Bikes: lots

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1958 Post(s)
Liked 2,932 Times in 1,489 Posts
It's standard English 68mm wide 1.37" x 24tpi. Nothing special at all about building, they're great bikes.
Likes For cxwrench: