Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fitting Your Bike
Reload this Page >

Finally did it right!

Search
Notices
Fitting Your Bike Are you confused about how you should fit a bike to your particular body dimensions? Have you been reading, found the terms Merxx or French Fit, and don’t know what you need? Every style of riding is different- in how you fit the bike to you, and the sizing of the bike itself. It’s more than just measuring your height, reach and inseam. With the help of Bike Fitting, you’ll be able to find the right fit for your frame size, style of riding, and your particular dimensions. Here ya’ go…..the location for everything fit related.

Finally did it right!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-21, 03:03 PM
Bald Paul

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 815 Post(s)
Liked 1,647 Times in 776 Posts
Finally did it right!

I'm an older rider. I always had discomfort riding, some time to the point of outright pain.
I decided it was time to be professionally fitted, and fortunate enough to live within an hour drive of Velo Valets in Greenville, SC. They are one of the very few shops in the country with the Shimano fitting system.
My fitting was thorough and impressive. I found out my saddle height and distance, along with cleat alignment, were causing my knee pain. Also, the frame top tube/stem were too long, causing me to put my wrists at an odd angle with too much pressure, which aggravated my long history of carpal tunnel issues. The shop suggested a change of stem, which helped, but still wasn't ideal. However, the system stores my "ideal" frame geometry, and using that, I was able to locate a frameset and components to build a new bike, complete with Boyd carbon wheels (also out of Greenville) and Ultegra Di2 setup. The fit is spot on, and it is a joy to ride without pain!
Likes For Bald Paul:
Old 02-24-21, 02:06 PM
Noonievut

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked 261 Times in 129 Posts
Originally Posted by Bald Paul
I'm an older rider. I always had discomfort riding, some time to the point of outright pain.
I decided it was time to be professionally fitted, and fortunate enough to live within an hour drive of Velo Valets in Greenville, SC. They are one of the very few shops in the country with the Shimano fitting system.
My fitting was thorough and impressive. I found out my saddle height and distance, along with cleat alignment, were causing my knee pain. Also, the frame top tube/stem were too long, causing me to put my wrists at an odd angle with too much pressure, which aggravated my long history of carpal tunnel issues. The shop suggested a change of stem, which helped, but still wasn't ideal. However, the system stores my "ideal" frame geometry, and using that, I was able to locate a frameset and components to build a new bike, complete with Boyd carbon wheels (also out of Greenville) and Ultegra Di2 setup. The fit is spot on, and it is a joy to ride without pain!
Nice looking, and more importantly, fitting bike
Old 02-27-21, 04:44 AM
Cyclist0100
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked 136 Times in 72 Posts
Two thumbs up for getting a pro fit before purchasing the bike!!!