Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Scored a 1999 Bianchi Campione (near mint)

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Scored a 1999 Bianchi Campione (near mint)

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-17, 09:41 AM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2323 Post(s)
Liked 4,990 Times in 1,777 Posts
Well, I made some minor changes on this and thought I'd update. The white with red hubs on this bike always looked out of place. Then I scored a sweet Greg LeMond Maillot Jaune that came with funky green tires. The tires were in good shape though so I decided to move them to this bike. So I decided to yank off these Fulcrum wheels and put them on the red and white De Rosa I'm working on. So I mounted the green tires on my nice Open Pro rimmed Velomine handbuilts and mounted them on this bike. Those tires don't look too bad on this one.

I'm thinking of trimming the herd a bit this spring and this is one of the bikes that I may move on now that it's all sorted out. Maybe...ummm...I don't know...
Old 08-26-20, 10:46 AM
lifesmark

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Any idea on the Value of your Campione

Hi - I am trying to get an idea on the value of this bike as i have the same one in very good condition. I can't find much out there on its value. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Old 08-26-20, 05:22 PM
thehammerdog

Bikes: Road bike is a Carbon Bianchi C2C & Grandis (1980's), Gary Fisher Mt Bike, Trek Tandem & Mongoose SS MTB circa 1992.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 722 Post(s)
Liked 353 Times in 226 Posts
Originally Posted by jamesdak
And...

And one from the morning after I finished on it.

since its green not celeste would you take $100.00 cash.😀
great bike.
Old 08-26-20, 05:43 PM
dougphoto

Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 12 Posts
Very nice I had a '94 fantastic bikes, I mine all the time
Old 08-26-20, 06:29 PM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Originally Posted by thehammerdog
since its green not celeste would you take $100.00 cash.😀
great bike.
Wow, back from the dead. I did wind up moving this on to a friend at work awhile ago. He loves it and I still get to see it when he rides it into work.
Old 04-13-21, 01:19 PM
ChicagoMatt

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
I stumbled back onto this thread as I have (well, had) the same bike. It was just stolen and the thief had the gall to steal some of your pictures for his post. You can see that the zoomed in pic of the front ring shows the orange/tan Michelin in the background (as well as grass). If we ever catch him, we'll be sure to charge copyright infringement as well as the burglary! Also gives an idea of street value when hot. Man, I loved that bike.
Oops - I wanted to include a pic or link, but I haven't posted enough yet(replace space with dot if interested): offerup com/item/detail/1084031126/
Old 04-14-21, 09:54 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quoted: 10964 Post(s)
Liked 7,491 Times in 4,189 Posts
Originally Posted by ChicagoMatt
I stumbled back onto this thread as I have (well, had) the same bike. It was just stolen and the thief had the gall to steal some of your pictures for his post. You can see that the zoomed in pic of the front ring shows the orange/tan Michelin in the background (as well as grass). If we ever catch him, we'll be sure to charge copyright infringement as well as the burglary! Also gives an idea of street value when hot. Man, I loved that bike.
Oops - I wanted to include a pic or link, but I haven't posted enough yet(replace space with dot if interested): offerup com/item/detail/1084031126/
why dont you contact and meet the seller for their current bike listing and work to get your bike back?
Old 04-14-21, 05:54 PM
jamesdak 

Originally Posted by ChicagoMatt
And report him on Offerup. I'm not getting an account just to do that.
Old 04-14-21, 08:29 PM
ChicagoMatt

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Thanks for the notes. I've definitely pursued those options. I tried to set up a buy; the police did, too. No luck for either. It was reported to OfferUp. The cops referred to OfferUp as a large fencing operation, so I have minimal expectations there.
Old 02-28-22, 10:37 PM
ChicagoMatt

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
It's been a while, but quick coda: The day before Thanksgiving last year, I got a text from an unknown number. It just asked "Is this Matt?" and had a picture of my stolen bike. The person that texted me got it at a bike swap in Wisconsin (it was stolen in Chicago). They had checked some registries, found mine listed as stolen and matched the serial number. The person generously said, "It's yours, you can have it." In the end, though, I decided I was at peace with letting it go, and was happy it ended up with someone who was honest enough to check and make contact with me (whether they're going to ride it (I hope) or re-sell it). Strange odyssey...
Likes For ChicagoMatt: