Indy Metro Ride Partner

Old 05-27-20, 05:44 AM
FireflyFan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Indy Metro Ride Partner

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this but I am just going to throw this out there. I am looking for a ride partner in the Indy Metro area. I am fairly new with little endurance and I am hoping to find someone to ride with. Someone who can give me pointers, tips, and push me to do more, but also understand my current level of ability. I live near Lawrence and work in Noblesville so I have a fairly wide area to meet for rides. I would prefer a female but not set on it.

If you are someone who is looking to help a newbie please message me or respond here. Thanks in advance.

Terry
Old 06-09-20, 09:46 AM
Wilbur Bud

Bikes: Longbikes Slipstream

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 38 Times in 31 Posts
I'm in Fishers and ride a 14 mile loop almost every day, boxing in by 126th and 146th, Cumberland Road and Brooks School/Olio road. You are always welcome to join me all or part, just to synchronize. I am over 60, white, male, and riding a recumbent so may not be a great match for the long term, at least until you find out recumbents are the best (just bamming you, whatever you ride is the best)..

Alternatively, I would advise you to join some CIBA rides in your area of interest, and just make sure the ride rating is C and not A, at least in the beginning. CIBA do a great job providing regular group rides according to cycling experience/speed and location, and the guides/leaders will not drop you, someone will always be with you. Here is the current calendar link : https://cibaride.org/AllEvents