Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fatbikes
Reload this Page >

1st fatbike

Search
Notices
Fatbikes Designed for use in sand, mud or snow, Fat bikes are the right choice for true all-terrain riding. Check here for the latest on these fun, adventurous two-wheeled machines.

1st fatbike

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-23, 12:25 PM
TC1

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked 129 Times in 84 Posts
Originally Posted by prj71
Some people just don't get it.
You apparently need to include yourself in that group, after saying "Tires have zero dampening, compression or rebound adjustments."

Not only is that completely wrong, the word you were searching for is "damping".

"Dampening" means to wet, and misusing it in this context is a reliable predictor of a person who is insufficiently briefed on the topic.
Likes For TC1:
Old 06-21-23, 09:58 AM
prj71

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 2976 Post(s)
Liked 1,182 Times in 771 Posts
Originally Posted by TC1
You apparently need to include yourself in that group, after saying "Tires have zero dampening, compression or rebound adjustments."

Not only is that completely wrong, the word you were searching for is "damping".

"Dampening" means to wet, and misusing it in this context is a reliable predictor of a person who is insufficiently briefed on the topic.
Autocorrect got me so chill.

Fat tires are not and never will be an alternative to real suspension. Having a fat tire bike and full suspension bike I speak from experience.
Old 06-21-23, 07:08 PM
Viich
Hack

Bikes: TrueNorth CX bike, 88 Bianchi Strada (currently Sturmey'd), Yess World Cup race BMX, Pure Cruiser race BMX, RSD Mayor v3 Fatbike

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked 190 Times in 132 Posts
Originally Posted by prj71
Autocorrect got me so chill.

Fat tires are not and never will be an alternative to real suspension. Having a fat tire bike and full suspension bike I speak from experience.
I have never had a full suspension bike and am not really interested. I like my fat bike.
Old 06-27-23, 05:47 PM
smokeycanuck

Bikes: Trek Verve, Surly Wednesday

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Chris!
Been thinking about a fat bike for about 6 months now. Pulled the trigger yesterday! 2022 Kona Wo. Can't wait to get out there.
Oh cheese and rice, the OP posts a picture of his new fat bike and how excited he is to get out for a rip and if he's not called a "teenager" for the purchase, everyone else spends their time in a pissing match over fat tire suspension vs true suspension, tire pressures, etc. FFS. It is a fat bike forum after all.

Chris, congrats on the bike bro, I looked close at a WO when I was buying, real close, but went with a Surly Wednesday. And for the record, my Surly 3.8" Nates are clinically proven to provide better shock absorption than any fork on the market all while looking super cool too. You know why I love fat bikes and fat bike riders? They are less uptight than mountain bikers who these days seem to like measuring d!cks as much as roadies LOL.
Old 07-06-23, 08:17 AM
prj71

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 2976 Post(s)
Liked 1,182 Times in 771 Posts
Originally Posted by smokeycanuck
And for the record, my Surly 3.8" Nates are clinically proven to provide better shock absorption than any fork on the market all while looking super cool too. .

Old 08-12-23, 04:56 PM
plumberroy

Bikes: Surly long haul trucker, Surly steamroller,Huffy Catalina, Univega Alpina 501. Gravity deadeye monster, Raliegh sport , Electra loft 1

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 607 Post(s)
Liked 298 Times in 181 Posts
Good looking bike. I had had a single speed fat bike from Bikesdirect and a 29 plus the geared 29 plus fit my needs better
Old 08-13-23, 08:18 PM
DeadGrandpa

Bikes: Too many, yet not enough.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 492 Post(s)
Liked 311 Times in 201 Posts
I still maintain that my rigid Plus bike, a Trek 1120 running the original 29x3 Chupacabras, is excellent enough for the roughest gravel I've found, at around 14 psi. And I've noticed that people who don't like the wider tires tend to use a lot of emojis. I'm planning on going to semi Fat on my trike's front tires because I don't want the weight of the front suspension. It will be worth buying another set of wheels if they are good enough so that I don't need to buy a whole new trike with FS.
Old 09-18-23, 04:37 AM
anforkebike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Very nice styles

Very nice styles, my new found ebike shop has a lot of new ones! anforkebike