Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Need Help Identifying supposed Gary Fisher frame (decals with wings, C in the cente)

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Need Help Identifying supposed Gary Fisher frame (decals with wings, C in the cente)

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-24, 04:10 AM
bikoman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Hi,
I need help identifying supposed Gary Fisher Bike frame. It has decals with wings and a red C in the center and 7005 Super Hard Aluminium. Looks like a Supercaliber, Mt Tam or Tamalpais, but has an Cantilever bridge on the seatstays and an extra welding on both tubes which no "stock" Gary Fisher seems to have had. It is supposed to have been bought in 1994 with a RockShox Judy FSX, which is obviously not possible. Frame number as follows: AT43920906
See also pictures below!
Thank you

Last edited by bikoman; 03-03-24 at 04:05 PM.
Likes For bikoman:
Old 03-01-24, 06:10 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4357 Post(s)
Liked 3,996 Times in 2,667 Posts
I would suggest getting involved with the forums. Get 5 and 5 posts (total of 10 overall) and you will be able to post pictures. There are tons of active threads in this forum that are waiting for you to get involved and no you don't need to know anything there are plenty of folks even some who have been here a while who don't...LOL

Welcome to the forums and excited to see the frame. I am not an expert with GFs but pictures are worth 1000 words.
Old 03-02-24, 07:03 PM
bikoman

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Thank you, will do!
Likes For bikoman:
Old 03-02-24, 08:36 PM
curbtender

Bikes: Miyata 618 GT, Marinoni, Kestral 200 2002 Trek 5200, KHS Flite, Koga Miyata, Schwinn Spitfire 5, Mondia Special, Univega Alpina, Miyata team Ti, Santa Cruz Highball

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Quoted: 1611 Post(s)
Liked 2,593 Times in 1,225 Posts
Originally Posted by bikoman
Thank you, will do!
So you are good to go...
Old 03-03-24, 12:37 PM
bikoman

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by curbtender
So you are good to go...
Hi, managed to pay the required fiefdom dutifully, may some of the merciful high priests have a look at the images with all necessary submissiveness!
Likes For bikoman:
Old 03-03-24, 03:13 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Can we see a drive side picture as well. I have a sense maybe those stickers were added by someone after the fact but it looks cool regardless.
Old 03-03-24, 03:24 PM
bikoman

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
Can we see a drive side picture as well. I have a sense maybe those stickers were added by someone after the fact but it looks cool regardless.
See drive side above! I am almost 100% positive every decal is added afterwards, hoped at least the wings would give a clue to someone! The dropouts, derailleur hanger is quite distinct, in fact it looks like some early Gary Fisher aluminium MTBs, but still no identification possible.
Likes For bikoman:
Old 03-03-24, 03:50 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Originally Posted by bikoman
See drive side above! I am almost 100% positive every decal is added afterwards, hoped at least the wings would give a clue to someone! The dropouts, derailleur hanger is quite distinct, in fact it looks like some early Gary Fisher aluminium MTBs, but still no identification possible.
The frame tubing one is likely original that could potentially be a clue, I am trying to rack my brain around it. It is a neat bike and the Kooka Cranks are killer.
Old 03-03-24, 03:57 PM
Arrowana
Bike Sorceress

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 116 Times in 66 Posts
The tubing decal near the bottom bracket might be original, getting a pic of it could help. I'd assume all of the other decals were added afterwards, unless the frame was made by some company that used that winged C logo. If it is a Fisher, I'd assume it was made a few years before 1994 based on the dropouts, maybe it is a prototype?
Old 03-03-24, 03:59 PM
bikoman

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
The frame tubing one is likely original that could potentially be a clue, I am trying to rack my brain around it. It is a neat bike and the Kooka Cranks are killer.
In fact the Kooka Cranks are the only thing making me believe the frame could be worth investigating more profoundly, and perhaps the Judy FSX, someone seemed to have held the frame in high regard at some moment in time.
Old 03-03-24, 04:14 PM
bikoman

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Arrowana
The tubing decal near the bottom bracket might be original, getting a pic of it could help. I'd assume all of the other decals were added afterwards, unless the frame was made by some company that used that winged C logo. If it is a Fisher, I'd assume it was made a few years before 1994 based on the dropouts, maybe it is a prototype?
Hi, yes, I had the same ideas, about the tubing decal and it being a prototype, but both are not helping in my case, the decal isnt used by other Gary Fishers and I could not find any picture of a similar decal with the help of the Google image search. If it is a prototype though, probably only mister Fisher himself would be able to enligthen us. See new picture above, the decal quotes as follows: 7005 - Aluminium - Super Hard
Old 03-04-24, 09:20 PM
Desert Ryder
Henderson, NV

Bikes: Trek Alpha 3700, GT STS DH, Raleigh Grand Prix, Fisher Montare, Fisher CR-7, Fisher Aquila, Diamondback Sorrento, The Bike Beat Revolution, KHS XC 504R

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 288 Posts
I saw your other post elsewhere and the headtube sticker is from Pantera's Dimebag Darrell's Dean ML Guitar

Think Weed
https://dimebagrigproject.bigcartel....sticker-single