Search
Notices
Training & Nutrition Learn how to develop a training schedule that's good for you. What should you eat and drink on your ride? Learn everything you need to know about training and nutrition here.

Doctor visit

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-08, 02:08 PM
duff1301

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Doctor visit

Just came back from the doctor due to some minor groin pain. I was diagnosed with two
Inguinal Hernia's one on each side. No lumps yet and really just minor pain. I'm hoping this
does'nt end my season before it gets in full swing. I have not really pushed myself on the
bike yet because the weather sucks here in Pittsburgh. I plan on riding this weekend to
see how it goes. My indoor training this winter went fine no issues. Anyone else have hernia's
they ride with and any suggestions. The Doctor said not to worry to much until they get
bad if they do at all. Surgery is the only cure for these.They could do laparoscopic surgery which
would help recovery time. I'm planning on doing the Livestrong Challange 100 mile ride in Philly
this August.
Old 04-04-08, 06:52 PM
SSIndyRider

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Haven't ridden with one, but had one repaired back in '96 or so. I wasn't too bad when first examined, but went bad quick. I played golf just about a week before surgery and had to keep pushing it back in (which looks really good with a group of colleagues out on the course). Recovery after surgery was pretty quick. Surgery on Friday, kind of a crummy weekend (the associated swelling wasn't warned about), but played golf again about 2 weeks later. Wasn't riding at the time, so I can't relate to how it would be on the bike, but overall was a quick heal.
Old 04-04-08, 08:25 PM
Az B
Fattest Thin Man

Bikes: Miyata 610, Vinco V, Rocky Mountain Element

Liked 4 Times in 1 Post
I had one 6 or 7 years ago. No pain, but they don't just get better by themselves. Had the lappy done and was back at work in a few days, athough with a restriction on lifting anything more than 6-8lbs. I can't imagine riding would be a problem as long as you aren't do pancreas vomiting intervals and stay out of the drops for a while.

Az