jweil
oneleg

Bikes: seeking information

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Will pay for help !

I purchased all the necessary components. I wasn't thinking when I bought the motor and battery from different sources. Now I have to safely fit the two together. I must connect the regulator, throttle control, motor, battery, and charger without frying something. I accept that part of the price of my e-bike is the cost of properly connecting all the pieces. I have the rear motor on the bike but I need help. I am a
73 year old amputee and I want to show my amputee buddies that riding an e-bike is an ideal way to get back on a bike. I live in Federal Way and I would be willing to put my bike, etc. in my truck and bring it to you...I will pay for your help... j
Old 11-12-11, 03:52 PM
nwbikeman

Bikes: Serotta Davis Phinney, 1992 Serotta T Max,1984 Specialized Allez, Olmo, 1974 Strawberry,Redline bmx, ect.,

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Electric bikes northwest in Ballard could possibly help you with this. They are the only place I know of that repairs Electric Bikes or scooters.
Old 11-12-11, 06:29 PM
Medic Zero

Bikes: Old steel GT's, for touring and commuting

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by nwbikeman
Electric bikes northwest in Ballard could possibly help you with this. They are the only place I know of that repairs Electric Bikes or scooters.
Is that the same outfit as the shop in Greenwood at 84th and 8th? There's an electric bike shop there too.
Old 11-13-11, 12:30 PM
nwbikeman

Bikes: Serotta Davis Phinney, 1992 Serotta T Max,1984 Specialized Allez, Olmo, 1974 Strawberry,Redline bmx, ect.,

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sorry, I could be wrong on the name I looked it up on the internet. I have never been there. I work in Bellevue and get a lot of kids looking for parts and I was told that there is a shop in Ballard that works on both gas and electric engines. If you need to pin point the shop check with the guys at Aurora Suzuki. I'm sure they have the name of the shop, good luck.
Old 11-14-11, 08:41 AM
Medic Zero

Bikes: Old steel GT's, for touring and commuting

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by nwbikeman
Sorry, I could be wrong on the name I looked it up on the internet. I have never been there. I work in Bellevue and get a lot of kids looking for parts and I was told that there is a shop in Ballard that works on both gas and electric engines. If you need to pin point the shop check with the guys at Aurora Suzuki. I'm sure they have the name of the shop, good luck.
Okay, it looks like there are two different electric bike company's in my neck of the woods (I live in Greenwood).

There's Electric Bikes Northwest in Ballard proper (4810 17th Ave NW):
https://www.electricvehiclesnw.com/

and there is also: Seattle Electric Bike (the one I was thinking of) at 8310 8th Ave NW
https://www.seattleelectricbike.net/

I think I was confusing them with JRA Bike shop, which has a location next door to Seattle Electric Bike and another location in downtown Seattle. JRA's Greenwood location used to be in Ballard, and their downtown location used to be the "Bikestation Seattle" and is inside the Bike Port Seattle.

I can't speak to either of the electric bike companys, I don't have an electric bike and so haven't patronized either, but the folks at the JRA in my neighborhood have always been friendly and helpful, and were quite gracious with an exchange when I got the wrong sized part.

Last edited by Medic Zero; 11-14-11 at 08:46 AM. Reason: for clarity & correction of JRA locations