Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Recreational & Family
Reload this Page >

Did you RIDE today?

Notices
Recreational & Family Ride just to ride? Have a family and want to get them into cycling? Drop in here to discuss recreational and family cycling issues.

Did you RIDE today?

Old 11-24-20, 09:09 AM
bjjoondo 

Bikes: 2011 ICE Sprint Special Edition

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 101 Times in 66 Posts
Did you RIDE today?

Sadly NO, it's quite cold and windy with light snow flurries out the windows of our apt. today, RATS! My last ride was on the 19th. and it was a stunning late fall day, 70 F, Sunny, with just a slight breeze so I got on my (new to me), Electra Townie 21'd and put in 20 miles using different rail and urban trails in and around Co. Springs, CO. where we live. We don't have hardly any "long trails", a lot of shorter one's that we "loop" together to make a longer ride here. I started on the Pikes Peak Greenway picked up the T-Gap trail over to a backstreet to the Templeton Gap Rd. Bike Lane to get on the Rock Island trail, then the Shooks Run trail heading south to Fountain Blvd. Then several back streets over to the Cascade St. Bike Lane heading north back to the apt.! I didn't want to stop but had other things to do! The weather has turned "November" on me and maybe I can get in a ride by the upcoming weekend! Here is some photo's I took while on the Rock Island Trail:

Taking a protein bar break just off the Rock Island Trail.

RI Trail heading south.

RI Trail heading north.

Old 11-25-20, 03:56 PM
bjjoondo 

November 25, 2020, Tuesday was COLD and Windy with some very light snow showers but today, (Wed. 25), was quite nice, just a bit nippy at mid to high 40 F's and sunny with almost no wind!! Headed out to just pick up different area urban trails, back streets and bike lanes to get in a couple hour ride, 17 miles RT. Still trying to get use to my "new to me", 2007 Electra Townie 21d, coming from a recumbent trike the "sitting position" will take a bit of getting use to but still had a very enjoyable ride!

A view of Pikes Peak riding on the Templeton Gap Trail in Co. Spgs., CO.

Old 11-28-20, 06:59 PM
bjjoondo 

A couple of weeks ago my wife, Jo "strained" her left knee and was grounded by the Doc, today, 28 Nov. she finally got to go out and ride so we took it easy, rode around hills and steep grades for a mostly flat city ride on the trails, streets and bike lanes around Colorado Springs, CO. 45 F+, sunny with just a little breeze, it was a lot colder the day before and Sunday is suppose to a lot colder with heavy winds! We headed out from the apt. heading south, then east, then north ending up on the Shooks Run Trail, stopping at "The Drive Inn"-Tastee Freeze and shared a order on non-salted chili-cheese fries and a unsweetened ice tea!! YUM, tasted great and then we headed back to the home as we had a late start due to the temps drooping into the teen's last night!! Bikes all snugged in the apt. Not looking good for the rest of next week till next Saturday so YUCK, we will be "riding" the stationary exercise trainer and dreaming of a RIDE!
Here's a link to a video of the ride:

Old 11-28-20, 08:29 PM
Digger Goreman
Quidam Bike Super Hero

Bikes: 1995 Trek 800 Sport, aka, "CamelTrek"

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked 415 Times in 282 Posts
Still riding the Stone Mountain Trail from the just west of Clarkston, GA. to Crazy Ron's BBQ (parking lot) in Stone Mountain Village. Usually 6 days a week of dodging cagers....
Likes For Digger Goreman:
Old 12-28-20, 11:44 AM
bjjoondo 

21 miles on Sunday the 26th. of December.

Old 01-23-21, 09:06 AM
bjjoondo 

We decided to ride on Friday due to the weather report saying that there would be HIGH WINDS on Saturday, we headed north on the Pikes Peak Greenway then west on the Sinton Trail. Then turned south on the Foothills Trail that goes in front of the entry way to the Garden of the Gods Park, here in Co. Springs. At the end of the trail we picked up the 31st. St. bike lane over to Colorado Ave. bike lane to stop at a little Hot Dog cafe for a good dog!! We ate on their elevated patio area, then headed east on the Midland Trail, got on the different bike lanes thru town and then north on the Shooks Run Trail and headed home. 15 miles RT, Sunny but chilly high 30 F's.

Old 02-03-21, 09:28 AM
bjjoondo 

We had a rare perfect winter day on Tuesday the 2nd. of Feb. so we got in 17 miles 60F and SUNNY! Testing out a new style seat and my "home built" trailer on my RANS Fusion crank forward bike, we headed to the Buffalo Lodge Bicycle Resort in Colorado Springs, just before Manitou Springs via urban and rail trails. Stopped at the Lodge to deliver a homemade bike themed stove towel to Torri the owner a gift as her youngest son is having to have another "Brain Surgery" on Thursday. Hopefully to cheer her up a little! We then headed to a local area park for our Brown Bag Lunch and took a different way back home. New seat and utility trailer worked great a very good day!

The "RIG" in front of the Buffalo Lodge Bicycle Resort, rode great!!

Old 02-08-21, 07:40 AM
bjjoondo 

Got a dusting of snow last night but we did get in a VERY windy 20 mile ride on Sunday!

Heading back on the E/W fork of the Templeton Gap Trail, Co. Springs, CO.

Heading on the LOW path next to the drainage ditch. At the bottom was a huge patch of ICE, stopped and walked the bike very slowly over it and continued!