Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Commuting
Reload this Page >

Nutzo weather

Notices
Commuting Bicycle commuting is easier than you think, before you know it, you'll be hooked. Learn the tips, hints, equipment, safety requirements for safely riding your bike to work.

Nutzo weather

Old 01-16-15, 05:12 PM
  #1  
jfowler85
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
jfowler85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Zinj
Posts: 1,832

Bikes: '93 911 Turbo 3.6

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nutzo weather

7f and icy on the Monday morning commute. 57f and clear this afternoon on the ride home. Anyone else having crazy weather?
jfowler85 is offline  
Old 01-16-15, 07:04 PM
  #2  
Motolegs
Senior Member
 
Motolegs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Southern Colorado
Posts: 493

Bikes: General 80's MTB "Icebreaker", Motobecane Grand Jubilee (vintage mint), Trek 1.1, 2014 Motobecane Mirage (steel) Trek 3500 MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jfowler85 View Post
7f and icy on the Monday morning commute. 57f and clear this afternoon on the ride home. Anyone else having crazy weather?
Not that much of a swing in the same day but close. It was 18 degrees this morning then nearly 60 on the way home.

Last Friday was an absolute commuters nightmare, with freezing rain coating everything. Studded tires were a must. Darn near busted my butt getting off the bike.

Today was so beautiful it gave me Spring fever. Luckily here it's supposed to last throughout the weekend. Chomping at the bit to ride the road bike!
Motolegs is offline  
Old 01-16-15, 11:35 PM
  #3  
ThermionicScott 
7-speed cultist
 
ThermionicScott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: CID
Posts: 19,538

Bikes: 1991 Bianchi Eros, 1964 Armstrong, 1988 Diamondback Ascent, 1988 Bianchi Premio, 1987 Bianchi Sport SX, 1980s Raleigh mixte (hers)

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2522 Post(s)
Liked 419 Times in 304 Posts
Originally Posted by Motolegs View Post
Today was so beautiful it gave me Spring fever. Luckily here it's supposed to last throughout the weekend. Chomping at the bit to ride the road bike!
You said it, man.
__________________
Originally Posted by chandltp View Post
There's no such thing as too far.. just lack of time
Originally Posted by noglider
People in this forum are not typical.
RUSA #7498
ThermionicScott is offline  
Old 01-17-15, 10:13 PM
  #4  
Lug
Senior Member
 
Lug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Anchorage AK
Posts: 146

Bikes: 2015 Salsa Fargo 3, 2000 Specialized Rockhopper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Awful weather in Alaska. It has been in the lower to mid 30's all week.
Lug is offline  
Old 01-17-15, 10:16 PM
  #5  
tarwheel 
Senior Member
 
tarwheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 8,902

Bikes: Waterford RST-22, Bob Jackson World Tour, Ritchey Breakaway Cross, Soma Saga, De Bernardi SL, Specialized Sequoia

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Lug View Post
Awful weather in Alaska. It has been in the lower to mid 30's all week.
Thats warm for Alaska isn't it?
tarwheel is offline  
Old 01-18-15, 10:16 AM
  #6  
Lug
Senior Member
 
Lug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Anchorage AK
Posts: 146

Bikes: 2015 Salsa Fargo 3, 2000 Specialized Rockhopper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Warm and no snow in weeks. Here is a video from one of the villages. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVF6DQGh8Ic
Justin
Lug is offline  
Old 01-18-15, 12:12 PM
  #7  
ThermionicScott 
7-speed cultist
 
ThermionicScott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: CID
Posts: 19,538

Bikes: 1991 Bianchi Eros, 1964 Armstrong, 1988 Diamondback Ascent, 1988 Bianchi Premio, 1987 Bianchi Sport SX, 1980s Raleigh mixte (hers)

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2522 Post(s)
Liked 419 Times in 304 Posts
Originally Posted by Lug View Post
Warm and no snow in weeks. Here is a video from one of the villages. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVF6DQGh8Ic
Justin
That's adorable and heartbreaking...
__________________
Originally Posted by chandltp View Post
There's no such thing as too far.. just lack of time
Originally Posted by noglider
People in this forum are not typical.
RUSA #7498
ThermionicScott is offline  
Old 01-18-15, 12:47 PM
  #8  
fietsbob 
coprolite
 
fietsbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NW,Oregon Coast
Posts: 41,369

Bikes: 8

Mentioned: 188 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6952 Post(s)
Liked 273 Times in 222 Posts
Colorado Front range that happens ... where I am which way the winds thru the Columbia Gorge is Blowing, Matters ..
fietsbob is offline  
Old 01-20-15, 03:15 PM
  #9  
rumrunn6
Senior Member
 
rumrunn6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 25 miles northwest of Boston
Posts: 23,845

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3371 Post(s)
Liked 366 Times in 271 Posts
girls in Boston wearing shorts yesterday afternoon, totally messes with my brain. granted they were running, but still ...
rumrunn6 is offline  
Old 01-22-15, 10:33 AM
  #10  
jfowler85
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
jfowler85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Zinj
Posts: 1,832

Bikes: '93 911 Turbo 3.6

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Motolegs View Post
Not that much of a swing in the same day but close. It was 18 degrees this morning then nearly 60 on the way home.

Last Friday was an absolute commuters nightmare, with freezing rain coating everything. Studded tires were a must. Darn near busted my butt getting off the bike.

Today was so beautiful it gave me Spring fever. Luckily here it's supposed to last throughout the weekend. Chomping at the bit to ride the road bike!
Sorry; 7f on Mon morning, 57f on Fri afternoon, ~20f swings per day until it landed on nearly 60f. Not terribly unusual for these parts, but certainly wild. The weekend prior saw the city approving some small lakes for ice-skating...not so much anymore! Temps are steadily settling back down to the 20s for am, 40s for pm. Looks like we'll be this way for a couple of weeks. Dry, though. Not bad riding weather at all.
jfowler85 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
tarwheel
Commuting
46
07-12-16 04:53 PM
Bluish Green
Commuting
73
02-04-13 08:09 PM
rumrunn6
Commuting
2
03-30-12 05:36 AM
spinnaker
General Cycling Discussion
6
02-21-12 08:03 AM
stapfam
Fifty Plus (50+)
30
02-05-11 10:01 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.