Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Pissing Out of the Saddle

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Pissing Out of the Saddle

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-10, 04:03 PM
Reynolds 
Passista

Bikes: 1998 Pinarello Asolo, 1992 KHS Montaña pro, 1980 Raleigh DL-1, IGH Hybrid, IGH Utility

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 881 Post(s)
Liked 732 Times in 403 Posts
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
pee.jpg (96.4 KB, 84 views)
Old 03-08-10, 04:09 PM
cyclezealot

Bikes: Klein QP, Fuji touring, Surly Cross Check, BCH City bike

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1485 Post(s)
Liked 73 Times in 64 Posts
Ever notice how dogs sniff about until they find their favorite spot.. Being my rides so often follow a favorite route , I've also discovered favorite shrubs or trees.. Guess, I've chosen them because they look like they can use a watering from some nutrient rich source.

^ Since January 1, 2012
Old 03-08-10, 04:27 PM
elader
Senile member

Bikes: Felt F2C

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I was riding along on Sunday and was approaching a guy standing on the side of the road with his bike, kinda looking in the woods in a dazed sort of way. I asked if he was OK as I got closer. He didn't answer, move, anything. Here I am thinking 'dude's had a stroke on the first nice day for riding'. As I came up to him I asked again if he needed any help. He says "I'm pissing". I couldn't help it, I said: "So I guess you are ok handling that yourself"? Highlight of my sorry-ass first ride of 2010.
Old 03-30-10, 07:26 AM
Pedal Dancer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RUOkie
Why are you so concerned about someone knowing you are peeing?

Is there something we should know?
Supposedly in Massachusetts if you get caught by law enforcement doing this you can be charged and if found guilty of indecent exposure you may have to register as a sex offender!
Old 03-30-10, 07:31 AM
DXchulo
Upgrading my engine

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pedal Dancer
Supposedly in Massachusetts if you get caught by law enforcement doing this you can be charged and if found guilty of indecent exposure you may have to register as a sex offender!
A few years ago I was doing a brevet and a guy got busted by a cop for peeing outside of a gas station. Luckily the cop just made him buy some water and rinse it off. The cop offered up plenty of attitude, but it was a pretty dumb move by the rider and the penalty could have been much worse.
Old 03-30-10, 08:16 AM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 5234 Post(s)
Liked 3,602 Times in 2,356 Posts
I tried this and was glad to be able to get it out past the bottom of my shorts but I felt like a creep on a trail! I could never get it past the legs on the trisuit cuz it's too tight.
Old 03-30-10, 08:16 AM
coasting 
Still can't climb

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
i know how to pee

No @coasting, you should stay 100% as you are right now, don't change a thing....quote Heathpack
Old 03-30-10, 08:25 AM
wacomme

Bikes: Vail Cycle Works - Ti

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Absolutely. Same here in Colorado. I always try to find a discrete place to pee. This law is absurd.

My daughter runs a camp for troubled teens. Several of the registered "sex offenders" were given this status merely for urinating in public; they were probably at a party, peed in public, arrested, and sentenced with indecent exposure including a sex offender label for life.
Originally Posted by Pedal Dancer
Old 03-30-10, 08:29 AM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 5234 Post(s)
Liked 3,602 Times in 2,356 Posts
I doubt I'll do it again
Old 03-30-10, 08:55 AM
jfmckenna
Tiocfáidh ár Lá

Bikes: A whole bunch-a bikes.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 463 Post(s)
Liked 123 Times in 76 Posts
Originally Posted by wacomme
Absolutely. Same here in Colorado. I always try to find a discrete place to pee. This law is absurd.

My daughter runs a camp for troubled teens. Several of the registered "sex offenders" were given this status merely for urinating in public; they were probably at a party, peed in public, arrested, and sentenced with indecent exposure including a sex offender label for life.
Happened to a friend of my brothers too, he pissed outside near a school and the scumbag cop took it to the full extent.

But if you do it right it just looks like you are adjusting your brakes or something and even a cop would probably just cruise on by. I still cannot do the piss off the bike while riding thing. My races are getting longer and longer these days too so I may have to learn. A cat 2 friend of mine tells me the trick is to take one night and dedicate yourself to learning how to piss of the bike. It requires several hours of 'training' and a twelve pack of beer
Old 03-30-10, 09:20 AM
wacomme

Bikes: Vail Cycle Works - Ti

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I like the night training program - with beer.
Originally Posted by jfmckenna
Happened to a friend of my brothers too, he pissed outside near a school and the scumbag cop took it to the full extent.

But if you do it right it just looks like you are adjusting your brakes or something and even a cop would probably just cruise on by. I still cannot do the piss off the bike while riding thing. My races are getting longer and longer these days too so I may have to learn. A cat 2 friend of mine tells me the trick is to take one night and dedicate yourself to learning how to piss of the bike. It requires several hours of 'training' and a twelve pack of beer