Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg)
Reload this Page >

Zwift - general thread - comments, questions, tips and achievements.

Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Zwift - general thread - comments, questions, tips and achievements.

Old 01-30-18, 10:12 AM
Beachgrad05
Just Keep Pedaling

Bikes: 99 Schwinn Mesa GS MTB, 15 Trek Domane 5.9 Dura-Ace, 17 Trek Emonda SL6 Pro & 18 Bianchi Vigorelli

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked 67 Times in 34 Posts
I uninstalled Zwift on my phone and then reinstalled it. Not recalling why but was probably when I was trying to get ZML to link because I was having trouble. Now the app on my phone shows NOTHING, zero's across the board on the YOUR BEST line on the pause screen. Since I no longer use Zwift app on my phone I just find it odd. I use apple TV 4K now and use my phone for ZML. Found my solution for getting the ZML appp to link is to unplug our router for 30 seconds and plug it back in. Not sure why that fixes it but it seems to do the trick
Old 01-30-18, 01:37 PM
ill.clyde

Bikes: 2009 Trek 1.2

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
300+ XP to hit Level 13 ... Aero Bike you will be mine tomorrow!
Old 01-30-18, 02:08 PM
Beachgrad05
Just Keep Pedaling

Bikes: 99 Schwinn Mesa GS MTB, 15 Trek Domane 5.9 Dura-Ace, 17 Trek Emonda SL6 Pro & 18 Bianchi Vigorelli

Originally Posted by ill.clyde

Nice
Old 01-30-18, 03:57 PM
TrojanHorse
SuperGimp

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 147 Post(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked 64 Times in 47 Posts
I think I'm about the same distance from lvl 13, maybe a bit more. I'll probably keep tooling around on the emonda with the 808s just because they look pretty.

In other news, I got a wireless keyboard for myself so I can do stuff on my computer while riding my bike. Makes it easier to switch between Italy and Everest challenges mid-ride, which I think I will do from here on out. That damn Tron bike is SOOOOOOOOOO far away and I think I'd rather have the Pinarello anyway.
Old 01-30-18, 04:27 PM
sdmc530
Heft On Wheels

Bikes: Specialized,Cannondale,Argon 18

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 887 Post(s)
Liked 560 Times in 346 Posts

atta way! Its kind of fun to get a new bike without paying for it. Well guess your are paying for it......

I was pretty proud to hit 13! Its a nice one to get to.
Old 01-30-18, 04:30 PM
Beachgrad05
Just Keep Pedaling

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
I think I'm about the same distance from lvl 13, maybe a bit more. I'll probably keep tooling around on the emonda with the 808s just because they look pretty.

In other news, I got a wireless keyboard for myself so I can do stuff on my computer while riding my bike. Makes it easier to switch between Italy and Everest challenges mid-ride, which I think I will do from here on out. That damn Tron bike is SOOOOOOOOOO far away and I think I'd rather have the Pinarello anyway.

I know it's different Pinarello you get for Italy challenge but do you have the Dogma? I got it during Beta. Now I know why my avatar doesn't drink...the Dogma has no bottle cages. I noticed on other virtual bikes you get a bottle. But I like the Dogma best so far of my available bikes.
Old 01-30-18, 10:29 PM
Turzy

Bikes: Kona Lana'i, Cannondale CAADX Disk

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Beachgrad05
I uninstalled Zwift on my phone and then reinstalled it. Not recalling why but was probably when I was trying to get ZML to link because I was having trouble. Now the app on my phone shows NOTHING, zero's across the board on the YOUR BEST line on the pause screen. Since I no longer use Zwift app on my phone I just find it odd. I use apple TV 4K now and use my phone for ZML. Found my solution for getting the ZML appp to link is to unplug our router for 30 seconds and plug it back in. Not sure why that fixes it but it seems to do the trick
I had troubles linking ZML to Zwift on my desktop, I also had to unplug our router; but I was able to lynk ZML to my laptop at work (same laptop I used to run Zwift a while ago)...everything is all sorted out now, I'm able to run ZML while zwifting at home
Old 01-31-18, 08:00 AM
ill.clyde

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

I often switch between challenges before rides, but never during ... maybe I should LOL ...

Was that the Logitech keyboard that was on sale for like $17 at Amazon yesterday? I almost went with it
Old 01-31-18, 08:50 AM
Podagrower

Bikes: Giant Defy Composite, Spechialized Ruby (hers), Niner RLT9, Miyata 712, Condor ??

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked 31 Times in 19 Posts
Well, I'm pretty stoked about taking the jersey for the jungle loop. Of course I did it Monday when everybody else was riding London, but it was still nice (a little like my Strava KOM that nobody else ever rides).
Old 01-31-18, 09:14 AM
sdmc530
Heft On Wheels

Originally Posted by Podagrower
Well, I'm pretty stoked about taking the jersey for the jungle loop. Of course I did it Monday when everybody else was riding London, but it was still nice (a little like my Strava KOM that nobody else ever rides).

Hey a win is a win!

I got a KOM and sprint jersey once at 2AM when nobody was riding, seriously like 199 people where Zwifting so I got lucky and had a couple of jerseys for a VERY short while. I got my polka dot socks though

I also got the volcano loop jersey for the same way, at 3AM with NOBODY on the circuit. However as soon as the firs person starting riding with me it was all over. But there was only like 3 or 4 of us on the circuit for some time, it was crazy.

Seems now days that will never happen. I rode last week and at one point there was over 9,000 people online. HOLY CRAP..they need to do something before they start having issues with too many people riding at once on one place. There were so many people it looked the TDF peloton everywhere.
Old 01-31-18, 10:09 AM
TrojanHorse
SuperGimp

I often switch between challenges before rides, but never during ... maybe I should LOL ...

Was that the Logitech keyboard that was on sale for like $17 at Amazon yesterday? I almost went with it
No, it was the M830, about $50 refurbished. If I recall, the one I got also has BT so I can use it on my home theater.
Old 01-31-18, 10:25 AM
ill.clyde

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Nice ...

I need 400 xp to hit level 13, so I'll do my 12 miles to get the points and start February with a new bike
Old 01-31-18, 11:35 AM
sdmc530
Heft On Wheels

Nice ...

I need 400 xp to hit level 13, so I'll do my 12 miles to get the points and start February with a new bike

Awesome!!!
Old 01-31-18, 12:49 PM
Turzy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I haven't able to zwift since sunday, and I'm still not feeling good enough to get on the bike today.
Hopefully I'll be able to ride tomorrow and start another attempt at the 7 days in row achievement
Old 01-31-18, 12:52 PM
ericy
Señor Member

Bikes: Giant OCR2, Trek DS 8.3

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 416 Post(s)
Liked 48 Times in 32 Posts
I did a few more miles at lunchtime. Did the short "FTP Test". Got another 250xp for the Workout achievement.

What it told me is that the Strava estimate of my FTP was still too high .
Old 01-31-18, 02:00 PM
TrojanHorse
SuperGimp

Originally Posted by ericy
I did a few more miles at lunchtime. Did the short "FTP Test". Got another 250xp for the Workout achievement.

What it told me is that the Strava estimate of my FTP was still too high .
FTP tests are a skill - you get better at doing them the more you do them.

I misunderestimated my progress - I was actually 700+ XP away from level 13, so I cut that in half today and will likely finish it off tomorrow.
Old 02-03-18, 12:29 PM
ericy
Señor Member

Bikes: Giant OCR2, Trek DS 8.3

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 416 Post(s)
Liked 48 Times in 32 Posts
FTP tests are a skill - you get better at doing them the more you do them.
So at the end of today's JRO ride, Zwift bumped my FTP back up by 8 watts .

One of the achievements that I still have to get is the 500 watts for 10 seconds thing. I took a stab at it today - trying to hold at about 550 or thereabouts to give myself some room for the natural variability. While for the most part I was nearly there, I had a brief drop below 500 about 4 seconds in . Kept going - had another brief drop about 6 seconds in. The whole little experiment only lasted 25 seconds or so - after that I had to stop and recover. I can try again next week, I guess. Keeping the power consistently that high is the trick here.
Old 02-04-18, 09:10 AM
PaddleFoot

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello, this is a great thread.

I wanted to share this: I learned how to run Zwift with no UI and also run ZML with working features like rider list and chat. This thread assumes you know about zwifthacks.com and their utility to easily run Zwift with options you may not know about. Learn about it at their site.

I run Zwift on a PC and HDTV using Ant+ for my KickR, HRM and Cadence sensors. I use phone Bluetooth only to connect my speaker for music. I am now level 25 and do not care about much from the Zwift UI (User Interface), so I occasionally ride without it for enjoyment. I use first-person only.

1. Start PC Zwift normally with UI.
2. Start ZML, Wifi only. All features work normally now in ZML.
3. Exit PC ZWift, discard Zwift ride.
4. Start Zwifthacks utility, go miscellaneous, then 'Minimal UI', save, exit.
5. Start Zwift again and ride without anything blocking the scenery. You only see name tags with distance of riders.

All ZML features work same as if UI is enabled. Yes, some things you cannot do (I am learning all of these...), but I do enjoy riding this way sometimes.

Just run the utility to re-enable the UI when you want to go back (or just edit the pref.xml)

The latest graphic updates to Watopia are quite nice when viewed with no UI.

Last edited by PaddleFoot; 02-04-18 at 09:15 AM.
Old 02-05-18, 08:29 AM
sdmc530
Heft On Wheels

Originally Posted by PaddleFoot
Hello, this is a great thread.

I wanted to share this: I learned how to run Zwift with no UI and also run ZML with working features like rider list and chat. This thread assumes you know about zwifthacks.com and their utility to easily run Zwift with options you may not know about. Learn about it at their site.

I run Zwift on a PC and HDTV using Ant+ for my KickR, HRM and Cadence sensors. I use phone Bluetooth only to connect my speaker for music. I am now level 25 and do not care about much from the Zwift UI (User Interface), so I occasionally ride without it for enjoyment. I use first-person only.

1. Start PC Zwift normally with UI.
2. Start ZML, Wifi only. All features work normally now in ZML.
3. Exit PC ZWift, discard Zwift ride.
4. Start Zwifthacks utility, go miscellaneous, then 'Minimal UI', save, exit.
5. Start Zwift again and ride without anything blocking the scenery. You only see name tags with distance of riders.

All ZML features work same as if UI is enabled. Yes, some things you cannot do (I am learning all of these...), but I do enjoy riding this way sometimes.

Just run the utility to re-enable the UI when you want to go back (or just edit the pref.xml)

The latest graphic updates to Watopia are quite nice when viewed with no UI.

You lost me at I run Zwift on PC

I use Apple sett up so can't do any of these mods.....yet. I wish I could change the course though. I hate running Richmond. Just so unmotivating! But lucky to have Zwift so its all good.
Old 02-05-18, 10:23 AM
Beachgrad05
Just Keep Pedaling

I was not interested in watching Super Bowl or so I thought. I decided to go for 100 miles on Super Bowl Sunday. I was grumpy that course was London but wasn’t letting that deter me. I’m not fast on Century rides. My fastest outdoors is 7 hrs 13 min moving time in Palm Springs. On trainer in tough. My legs were not there from start. I ride 46 miles outside on Saturday. I wanted to quit several times. But I had posted on Facebook groups as a way to be accountable. I did have Super Bowl on my computer with no sound. Was a great game. Fun to watch and helped distract me.
Old 02-05-18, 12:51 PM
sdmc530
Heft On Wheels

CONGRATS!!!! No wear that black "darth" jersey with pride. I haven't found anything cooler on Zwift than the 100 mile jersey. Nice job!!
Old 02-05-18, 12:52 PM
Turzy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Congrats!
Old 02-05-18, 01:07 PM
Beachgrad05
Just Keep Pedaling

Originally Posted by sdmc530
CONGRATS!!!! No wear that black "darth" jersey with pride. I haven't found anything cooler on Zwift than the 100 mile jersey. Nice job!!

I wish it had a bit more pizazz myself. like 100 in bright ORANGE on the back. It looks too similar to the Strava Premium kit for my taste.
Old 02-05-18, 03:17 PM
sdmc530
Heft On Wheels

Originally Posted by Beachgrad05
I wish it had a bit more pizazz myself. like 100 in bright ORANGE on the back. It looks too similar to the Strava Premium kit for my taste.

Yeah but everyone knows what the 100 jersey is though. Cool thing is the mountains change with your bike. My bike is blue, jersey is blue. It’s a good achievement!
Old 02-05-18, 06:00 PM
Beachgrad05
Just Keep Pedaling

Originally Posted by sdmc530
Yeah but everyone knows what the 100 jersey is though. Cool thing is the mountains change with your bike. My bike is blue, jersey is blue. It’s a good achievement!

Hmmm. I have red bike and my jersey is black with grey mountain on sleep with 100 in inside. No color.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.