Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

Touring with a Saddlebag Instead of Panniers?

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Touring with a Saddlebag Instead of Panniers?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-19, 07:08 AM
J.Higgins 
2-Wheeled Fool

Bikes: Surly Ogre, Brompton

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1385 Post(s)
Liked 677 Times in 457 Posts
Originally Posted by djb
NC, when are you leaving and what is your route ish? I can't recall if you have mentioned this that much.
ACA Northern Tier Route, leaving from my house in NH riding West. When I get to the left coast, I'll fly to Bangor, ME, uber my way to Bar Harbor, then ride from Bar Harbor to my house in NH via the NT route.

Anyway, this is the plan so far. I may have my wife drop me off in Bar Harbor and I ride from there, which would also be nice because Bar Harbor is where we are from and she can visit family and friends. Then I could stop in at my house otw west and get a bit of rest and respite before heading to Washington. Plans may vary, but this is the gist of it so far.
Old 10-20-19, 09:16 PM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 2739 Post(s)
Liked 971 Times in 794 Posts
[QUOTE=NoControl;21171481]ACA Northern Tier Route, leaving from my house in NH riding West. When I get to the left coast, I'll fly to Bangor, ME, uber my way to Bar Harbor, then ride from Bar Harbor to my house in NH via the NT route.

Anyway, this is the plan so far. I may have my wife drop me off in Bar Harbor and I ride from there, which would also be nice because Bar Harbor is where we are from and she can visit family and friends. Then I could stop in at my house otw west and get a bit of rest and respite before heading to Washington. Plans may vary, but this is the gist of it so far.[/QUOThouseE]

Neat, so doing the aca route, you won't be coming around here then?
Happy winter prepping, and it will be interesting to see what you come up with less load and how your list will change.
Old 10-21-19, 04:19 AM
J.Higgins 
2-Wheeled Fool

Bikes: Surly Ogre, Brompton

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1385 Post(s)
Liked 677 Times in 457 Posts
Originally Posted by djb
Originally Posted by NoControl
ACA Northern Tier Route, leaving from my house in NH riding West. When I get to the left coast, I'll fly to Bangor, ME, uber my way to Bar Harbor, then ride from Bar Harbor to my house in NH via the NT route.

Anyway, this is the plan so far. I may have my wife drop me off in Bar Harbor and I ride from there, which would also be nice because Bar Harbor is where we are from and she can visit family and friends. Then I could stop in at my house otw west and get a bit of rest and respite before heading to Washington. Plans may vary, but this is the gist of it so far.
Neat, so doing the aca route, you won't be coming around here then?
Happy winter prepping, and it will be interesting to see what you come up with less load and how your list will change.
I could swing up around that way possibly. We've been wanting to meet and greet for a while now. Let me look at some maps and do some calculations!
Old 10-21-19, 04:21 PM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 2739 Post(s)
Liked 971 Times in 794 Posts
Originally Posted by NoControl
I could swing up around that way possibly. We've been wanting to meet and greet for a while now. Let me look at some maps and do some calculations!
a quick look would appear that Mtl would be quite a detour for a cross country ride, and the White Mountains are higher than the other ranges south of them no?
Anyway, get in touch with your possible planned route ideas and distances if you feel like it, I was just curious.