Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

2006 GF Marlin conversation

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-20, 06:47 AM
JimmyFish

Bikes: '85 Specialized Hard Rock, '04 Gary Fisher Marlin, 2015 Redline D600, 2014 Cannondale Trail SL4 and my wife's Next junk mtb

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 9 Posts

Posted elsewhere but here are pictures of my conversion, an ongoing project of fun. Bought this bike for $40 two years ago. Added my take offs from my 16 Specialized mtb 1x9, new headset and my refurbished a used $20 RockShox. Not exactly a transcontinental tourer but a fun bike to take along when we take up a challenge to do some urban excursions. Rides like a dream and living in South Florida, we don’t have hills. Decided that that drivetrain would be just right for my use. Ordering a front rack today.
This bike came in handy the other day as she became a pack mule, brought home 90 lbs of groceries and other than losing some top speed, I hardly knew I was toting.

Thanks for looking!