Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

October's Addiction Madness '12

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

October's Addiction Madness '12

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-12, 05:18 AM
RUOkie
Scarlet Knight

Bikes: 2009 ORBEA Onix Rival. 2012 Felt Breed, 1999 Raleigh 500

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by gsteinb
Who opened the Jerkstore?
Old 10-01-12, 05:22 AM
gsteinb
out walking the earth

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quoted: 912 Post(s)
Liked 752 Times in 342 Posts
Originally Posted by Soloist Assassin
It might come to that. I haven't ruled it out. I definitely want to help her in anyway I can. I don't want to control her feelings, I just want to help her, and help us grow this relationship together.
You can't control her feelings...she can't control her feelings...yet she's convinced you that you have some culpability in what arises for her. And now she's playing the S card...."you make me want to kill myself"....so act perfectly so I don't, otherwise it will be your fault...now let's not talk about this other guy I'm with.

uh, ok
Old 10-01-12, 05:49 AM
Soloist Assassin
Banned

Bikes: 2011 Cervelo S2, 2001Trek USPS 5200, 06 Cervelo P3 Alum, 1999 Schwinn Pro Stock BMX, 1987 Schwinn Traveler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RUOkie
Ok I'm gonna be serious here

you are an active participant in this relationship. But not in the way that you think. Your job is to take care of you. You can support her, but you cannot change her. That is her job.

You need to explore your own motivations here. Saying "if it works, great. If not, I'll live" is lying to yourself. Look inside, either with or without professional help and discover YOUR motivation. Only then can you be a good husband/ boyfriend, or whatever.

Now back to your regular scheduled shenanigans
yes, my motivation is clearly to make this work. That should be quite obvious. I do love her, and not just in a sex fueled lust kind of way. I don't want to change her like I said I love her for who she is. The good, the bad, the ugly. She obviously has some issues, and I support her, and I want to help her through them. The reason I wanted to walk away yesterday was the mention of how I make her feel terrible, like she can't do anything right, and that it makes her want to kill herself. I had full intentions of walking away. Until we once again started to feel great together again. It seems like it's this whole distance between us thing. We really had a great day together, and if I was able to live down there with her, I think most of our issues would be gone. It's when we are apart that the problems start.

You can't control her feelings...she can't control her feelings...yet she's convinced you that you have some culpability in what arises for her. And now she's playing the S card...."you make me want to kill myself"....so act perfectly so I don't, otherwise it will be your fault...now let's not talk about this other guy I'm with.

uh, ok
she's not really with him. I keep telling you guys that. I feel like a broken record. They aren't really anything. Especially compared to what we have. Just friends that at some point have had relations. I expect after yesterday. The talk will go down very soon. I didn't have to force it. I just had to demonstrate my value, and once again show her how great we are together, and how much better I am than him. Which isn't hard because let's face it I am pretty awesome, which is why she came back to me in the first place.
Old 10-01-12, 05:55 AM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
It they aren't really anything, why is talking to him such an ordeal? First she put it off, then she decided on a date and time to have the conversation... and promptly "fell asleep early," and now she's wants to kill herself if you bring it up. Yup, he's no biggie.
Old 10-01-12, 06:00 AM
gsteinb
out walking the earth

What they have is nothing compared to the relationship she has where she mentions suicide...
Old 10-01-12, 06:13 AM
WhyFi

At least I have an arrow in the quiver should I decide to stray in my relationship.

Wife - "Are you sleeping with someone else?"

Me - "Stop trying to manipulate me!"

Damn, may have to rethink; seeing it in print, it doesn't look too persuasive.
Old 10-01-12, 06:13 AM
DropDeadFred

Bikes: 2013 orca

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
yes, my motivation is clearly to make this work. That should be quite obvious. I do love her, and not just in a sex fueled lust kind of way. I don't want to change her like I said I love her for who she is. The good, the bad, the ugly. She obviously has some issues, and I support her, and I want to help her through them. The reason I wanted to walk away yesterday was the mention of how I make her feel terrible, like she can't do anything right, and that it makes her want to kill herself. I had full intentions of walking away. Until we once again started to feel great together again. It seems like it's this whole distance between us thing. We really had a great day together, and if I was able to live down there with her, I think most of our issues would be gone. It's when we are apart that the problems start.

she's not really with him. I keep telling you guys that. I feel like a broken record. They aren't really anything. Especially compared to what we have. Just friends that at some point have had relations. I expect after yesterday. The talk will go down very soon. I didn't have to force it. I just had to demonstrate my value, and once again show her how great we are together, and how much better I am than him. Which isn't hard because let's face it I am pretty awesome, which is why she came back to me in the first place.
I leave for a couple of months and the addiction thread has become loveline....

My 2 cents....move on, it's not worth the effort when it will eventually end (again). I've been through something similar, you just need to be apart to see the light.
Old 10-01-12, 06:14 AM
WhyFi

Originally Posted by DropDeadFred
So, I've got a little bit of discharge... is this normal?
Old 10-01-12, 06:15 AM
WhyFi

Originally Posted by ijen
I need someone with a .edu email address to help a sister out.
Software?
Old 10-01-12, 06:16 AM
Soloist Assassin
Banned

Bikes: 2011 Cervelo S2, 2001Trek USPS 5200, 06 Cervelo P3 Alum, 1999 Schwinn Pro Stock BMX, 1987 Schwinn Traveler

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What they have is nothing compared to the relationship she has where she mentions suicide...
Exactly. The very fact that I make her question her very existence to me seems like I really can't loose. I'm sure that came out wrong, but I see it as a clear indication of how much she does care for me. It's purely because she knows she has hurt me in the past, and she doesn't want to do it again. Every day that we spend together is better than the last. It will get better, and we will work through the issues. I am fairly confident of this.
Old 10-01-12, 06:16 AM
RUOkie
Scarlet Knight

Originally Posted by WhyFi
Just blow your friggin nose! Didn't you ever learn how to do a snot rocket? You should start a thread.
Old 10-01-12, 06:17 AM
DropDeadFred

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Adam: walk it off
dr. Drew: go see a doctor you have AIDS and it sounds like you have daddy issues...next
Old 10-01-12, 06:19 AM
Soloist Assassin
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My 2 cents....move on, it's not worth the effort when it will eventually end (again). I've been through something similar, you just need to be apart to see the light.
I appreciate the advice DDF. The thing is we've been apart many times for many years. The times we are together are nothing short of spectacular.
Old 10-01-12, 06:21 AM
WhyFi

The times we are together are nothing short of spectacular.
Didn't you say that this time was the best it's ever been, just a couple days ago? If this is the best, I'd love to hear about the pain of the others.
datlas 
Should Be More Popular

Bikes: 1986 Alpine (steel road bike), 2009 Ti Habenero, 2013 Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 560 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22590 Post(s)
Liked 8,924 Times in 4,157 Posts
I think SA and his GF could benefit from some couples counseling.
DropDeadFred

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Exactly. The very fact that I make her question her very existence to me seems like I really can't loose. I'm sure that came out wrong, but I see it as a clear indication of how much she does care for me. It's purely because she knows she has hurt me in the past, and she doesn't want to do it again. Every day that we spend together is better than the last. It will get better, and we will work through the issues. I am fairly confident of this.
Youre seriously a glutton for punishment. You'll regret her eventually because of the amount of work the relationship will take won't be worth the end result. If you cut ties now you might be able to salvage a friendship but relationships shouldn't take that much work. I've been in plenty of long term relationships that seemed like "the one" but took too much work and involved too much pain, only now that I'm in a healthy productive forward moving relationship can I see how awful the others really were.
Old 10-01-12, 06:22 AM
WhyFi

Old 10-01-12, 06:24 AM
DropDeadFred

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I appreciate the advice DDF. The thing is we've been apart many times for many years. The times we are together are nothing short of spectacular.
Just saw this. Why the many separations?
Old 10-01-12, 06:30 AM
gsteinb
out walking the earth

How the **** does one make the leap from "you make me want to kill myself" to "I can't lose?"
Old 10-01-12, 06:35 AM
DropDeadFred

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
How the **** does one make the leap from "you make me want to kill myself" to "I can't lose?"
Tigers blood
Old 10-01-12, 06:39 AM
datlas 
Should Be More Popular

Bikes: 1986 Alpine (steel road bike), 2009 Ti Habenero, 2013 Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 560 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22590 Post(s)
Liked 8,924 Times in 4,157 Posts
Tigers blood
Tiger Woods?!? Or the Charlie Sheen type?

Either way, it's not a good thing.
Old 10-01-12, 06:42 AM
DropDeadFred

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by datlas
Tiger Woods?!? Or the Charlie Sheen type?

Either way, it's not a good thing.
Sheen.
Old 10-01-12, 06:43 AM
WhyFi

This is SA. He's been known to wildly misinterpret straightforwards statements, so you can see how he'd have difficulty with something so nuanced as "you make me want to kill myself."
Old 10-01-12, 06:45 AM
DropDeadFred

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This is SA. He's been known to wildly misinterpret straightforwards statements, so you can see how he'd have difficulty with something so nuanced as "you make me want to kill myself."
"so you're saying there's a chance?" -Lloyd Christmas
Old 10-01-12, 06:51 AM
RUOkie
Scarlet Knight

The problem is that there is lots of small and large arms in his house

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.