Search
Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

Fuji Track '08?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-17, 05:35 AM
voor9

Bikes: Bianchi (Campagnolo) '12, Bianchi 1x11 (Sram) '15, Olmo Dynamic (Campagnolo) '11, Nishiki Road Master SS '11, Nishiki Trim Master '89, Giant TCX2 CC '12, White GX Pro (gravel) '20, White (MTB) 29", Insera Nyx 27,5", Trek Zektor Four (CC) 29"

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Fuji Track '08?

Hi!

Bought this fixed gear from an auction site. It's Fuji Track even though the decals are covered from the tubes. Been looking a track frame for some time. So here it is. Looks like all original, but I don't know about the bar. Should it have a drop bar or was it optional? There is some kind of masking tape over the decals on tt and dt. It can't be driven at the moment (no pedals), but for the price a must to have.

What kind of experiences have you had with the Fuji bikes, good or bad?

Should be much more fun compared to the Dunlop single speed...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
WP_20170826_19_57_34_Pro.jpg (101.3 KB, 78 views)

Last edited by voor9; 09-07-17 at 06:09 AM.
Old 09-07-17, 07:14 AM
JeremyLC

Bikes: 2008 Surly Cross Check, 2010 Fuji Track Comp

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
It almost certainly came with drop bars. Probably track drops, which are, for me anyway, too deep for the street, and really awkward with brake levers mounted. It probably came with brakes, or A brake, too. It looks like the Dunlop is probably the wrong size for you, and the Fuji looks taller. For that reason alone you may like riding it more. Also, and I'm saying this because of the way both of those bikes are setup, when you setup your bike, set the saddle position to get your knees, feet, and legs in a comfortable position with good extension, do not adjust it if you can't reach the bars. If you can't reach the bars with the saddle in proper adjustment, change spacers and/or stem lengths and angles to get the bars into position.
Old 09-07-17, 08:07 AM
voor9

Bikes: Bianchi (Campagnolo) '12, Bianchi 1x11 (Sram) '15, Olmo Dynamic (Campagnolo) '11, Nishiki Road Master SS '11, Nishiki Trim Master '89, Giant TCX2 CC '12, White GX Pro (gravel) '20, White (MTB) 29", Insera Nyx 27,5", Trek Zektor Four (CC) 29"

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JeremyLC
It almost certainly came with drop bars. Probably track drops, which are, for me anyway, too deep for the street, and really awkward with brake levers mounted. It probably came with brakes, or A brake, too. It looks like the Dunlop is probably the wrong size for you, and the Fuji looks taller. For that reason alone you may like riding it more. Also, and I'm saying this because of the way both of those bikes are setup, when you setup your bike, set the saddle position to get your knees, feet, and legs in a comfortable position with good extension, do not adjust it if you can't reach the bars. If you can't reach the bars with the saddle in proper adjustment, change spacers and/or stem lengths and angles to get the bars into position.
After the pic of the Dunlop was taken, the saddle is moved all the way forward. Yes, it was too far back. I like drop bars though and my road bikes have them of course. Dunlop might also look funny because it was almost certainly a 26" bike and the rear wheel must be empty to fit to the fork. Also the road brakes (Dia Compe) are too short of vertical adjustment and the holes had to be drilled partly 8mm to fit the nuts.

Fuji's pics are taken by the seller. I hope, I'll get the bike on Monday to really get into it and make my own adjustments. The Dunlop is probably giving some of it's parts to Fuji. I sold my previous single speed and needed a rainy day drive. So it was quickly assembled together. It has a strange geometry. It feels much bigger than it actually is =21". Previous ss was 23", but of course older frame, some 30 odd years.
Old 09-12-17, 12:16 PM
voor9

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Here is a new pic of the Fuji. Still need to swap the drop bar from another bike and brakes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
WP_20170912_20_00_25_Pro.jpg (97.6 KB, 39 views)
Old 09-12-17, 03:49 PM
ceelint
^that guy^

Bikes: '17 Wabi Classic, '17 Trek DS3, '12 S-Works Tarmac SL

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked 137 Times in 51 Posts
Flip the stem, leave the riser