Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Custom Nishiki

Old 09-06-18, 08:56 PM
markwesti

Bikes: 86' Centurion Ironman

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 628 Post(s)
Liked 315 Times in 175 Posts
Custom Nishiki

This is gonna hurt , but I can take it . I say that because I have over 500. in it . First what do you think of this bike and what do you think the value is . Thanks for looking .
The bike is a 86' Nishiki Altron (aluminum) It came to me as a bare frame that some one had started to make into a fixie , they were trying to get cable ties and anything else they didn't want off with a hammer and chisel . The worst thing that did was to ruin what was left of the paint as it was a re paint by Baylis .
A big expense on this build was the Vitus fork and the wheel build of NOS Shimano 600 hubs , Velocity tubulars . Brakes are Tektro . FD and RD are 7400 DA . Those are the most expensive items .

DSCF2462 by mark westi, on Flickr

IMG_0001 by mark westi, on Flickr

IMG_0014 by mark westi, on Flickr

IMG_0010 by mark westi, on Flickr

IMG_0004 by mark westi, on Flickr

Last edited by markwesti; 09-07-18 at 02:13 PM.
Old 09-07-18, 05:26 PM
Daspydyr 
Pedals, Paddles and Poles

Bikes: Santa Cruz Tallboy, Ridley Noah, Scott Spark 20

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1233 Post(s)
Liked 69 Times in 58 Posts
I am no help with its value, but I do promise that this has WOW written all over it. I love the color and setup. The pedals make it realistic and recreational. Good build.

I can't even find my bike when I'm on drugs. -Willie N.
Old 09-07-18, 05:51 PM
markwesti

Bikes: 86' Centurion Ironman

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 628 Post(s)
Liked 315 Times in 175 Posts
Thanks for the nod @daspydrd , it was actually a fun and learning experience build . Mainly the paint and Velocals . First I did not know that when spraying the day glo you need a white base coat . And second I melted the Velocals by spraying the cc to heavy .
Old 09-16-18, 01:04 PM
dsummers

Bikes: Rodriguez Outlaw; Rodriguez Journey; Lynskey ProCross; De Rosa Professional SLX; Tommasini Super Prestige; Tommasini Tecno; Pinarello Trevisio; Bottecchia Prof SLX 1st gen C-R (NOS); Bottecchia Professional SLX C-Record (rider); Miyata 612, 310 & 210

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sweet frame-- you are doing great if you are five hundy into this bike and this is what you've got. Go thrash it-- looks like that's what it wants.