Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Place to Stay in Quebec

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Place to Stay in Quebec

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-08, 10:26 AM
donheff

Bikes: Specialized Tricross Comp, Custom Steel Sport Touring, Specialized Turbo Vado 4.0 SL

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked 40 Times in 27 Posts
Place to Stay in Quebec

My wife and I are riding north of Montreal in late August and plan to visit Quebec for a couple of days afterward. We have never been to Quebec and would like to find a nice place, convenient to the city attractions, and one that will allow us to safely secure our bikes. We may bike around the city if that is sensible but walking will be fine. Does anyone have any suggestions for places to stay? Is inside the wall good? I have heard that something called the lower city, outside the wall, is becoming a hot location. Is that a better place to shoot for? Oh, we will be bringing our 22 YO daughter along. SHe will be interested in the music scene - does that make a difference about best locations?
Old 07-08-08, 09:19 PM
vtc12ip
Harry helps.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
When we go to Quebec City, we stay here:

https://www.quebecweb.com/chateaudepierre/introang.html

As you can see from the map on the website, it is located right in the middle of the upper city. The lower city is a five minute walk away. The owners are very accomodating. They might be able to put the bikes inside. The car parking is an underground garage on the next block.

Great town. Lots to see and do.
Old 07-09-08, 06:20 AM
Ken Brown
cycling fanatic

Bikes: Cannondale T800

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The Chateau Frontenac is the famous landmark and in a great location. It might be expensive this year, the city's 400th anniversary, but check out their rates at https://www.fairmont.com/Frontenac/
Old 07-10-08, 10:04 AM
donheff

Bikes: Specialized Tricross Comp, Custom Steel Sport Touring, Specialized Turbo Vado 4.0 SL

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked 40 Times in 27 Posts
Thanks vtc. We snagged a couple of rooms at Chateau de Pierre. At first they thought they couldn't accommodate us (2 rooms) but by making my daughter move rooms one night they squeezed us in. Turns out this is the 400th anniversary of the city's founding and everybody is booked up. We were lucky they squeezed us in. They do have a secure lockup spot for the bikes.