Go Back  Bike Forums > The Lounge > Foo
Reload this Page >

LOL Anti-Zombie ammunition specially design for the Zombie Apocalipse

Notices
Foo Off-Topic chit chat with no general subject.

LOL Anti-Zombie ammunition specially design for the Zombie Apocalipse

Old 12-27-11, 09:32 PM
RubenX 
Look! My Spine!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AEO View Post
sounds like a badly designed gun.
Is the treehuggers fault. Apparently I'm supposed to give prey a "fair chance" so, the assault rifle with the 200 round rotary mag is out of the question.
Old 12-27-11, 09:44 PM
gitarzan
Lost Again

Bikes: Soma Saga, 1991 Sirrus, Specialized Secteur Elite, Miele Umbria Elite.

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RubenX View Post
LOL... I thought this was an April's fool joke or something, but it is an actual ammunition brand from Hornandy, specially designed for the zombie apocalypse:

Introducing Zombie Max™ from Hornady®
And those aren't any zombies, those are Junkyard Zombies.
Old 12-27-11, 09:55 PM
KrisPistofferson
Immoderator

Bikes: Gary Fisher Simple City 8, Litespeed Obed

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yeah, I've been running into a lot of outwardly sane people who seem actually concerned about this. It's like, out of all the plausible end of world scenarios, a guy wants to latch onto the least likely. As far as I know, apart from Jesus, there's no such thing as zombies, and opinions vary on Jesus.
Old 12-27-11, 11:06 PM
Captain Blight

Bikes: -1973 Motobecane Mirage -197? Velosolex L'Etoile -'71 Raleigh Super Course

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've thought about this a lot. I think the best zombie gun would be a Ruger 10-22 in .22 WMR, with 50-round drums. Enough punch for 75-100 yard kills, light recoil for fast reacquisition, accurate enough to go through an eye. Remember, only head shots are kill shots. .22 WMR would get through the skull once but probably not twice, just kind of rattle around in there and tear stuff up. Probably even enough punch to break a femur to slow one down while I reloaded or climbed a tree or something, too. Centerfires are tempting, but no one makes a very light-caliber slide-action rifle with a removeable box magazine. You really don't want to go too heavy with the caliber, because that limits your ammo load. Something like .25-20 would be perfect. Actually, now that I think about it, a pump with a box mag in .30 Carbine would be a pretty good zombie gun. Semi-autos are good but I'd want mine to be straight blowback, not gas-operated. There will be a shortage of Hoppe's #9 after the Zombie Apocalypse, and centerfire gas autos need a tighter maintenance schedule than I may be able to give them. I'm damn near as fast with a trombone rifle, and they're pretty simple.

Probably would want like a 2.5x 'scope with either an illuminated crosshair reticle or a 2-minute red dot. I'd want it on a Picatinny rail so I could get rid of it in a hurry if I damaged it, and I'd want a ghost-ring rear sight and a good thick ramp front.

*edit* Oh, and a bayonet lug. Gotta have a bayonet.

Last edited by Captain Blight; 12-30-11 at 12:03 AM.
Old 12-27-11, 11:34 PM
Tom Stormcrowe
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.

Bikes: Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by lodi781 View Post
My 1911 had a few...not too bad. But enough that I think i'll just stick with good ole HP's. I wasn't limp wristing, I don't have a problem with any other HP's i've shot through it...Coulda just been that box too, bad batch maybe?
Take a little bit of emery cloth action to the feed ramp. It's a common problem with new, stiff 1911's. They have to kind of wear in and get a little loose, and then they become garbage eaters and can fire pretty muchany .45 auto round, including wadcutters.

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant
Old 12-27-11, 11:50 PM
Captain Blight

Bikes: -1973 Motobecane Mirage -197? Velosolex L'Etoile -'71 Raleigh Super Course

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My Korean-war era Remington-manufactured 1911A1 is bone stock except for an extended slide release and an aftermarket (Clark? I forget) barrel. Shake it and it rattles, and it's only good for "minute of can" accuracy. But it will feed everything up to but not including small children and low-flying birds.
Old 12-28-11, 12:26 AM
RubenX 
Look! My Spine!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
On a zombie invasion scenario I'm sure I would like to have a sidearm as backup in either .40 or 9mm. Given that, it would not hurt to carry a small carbine that could use the same ammo as the sidearm. A foldable Kel Tek sub2000 comes to mind.
Old 12-28-11, 09:58 AM
trackhub

Bikes: Gunnar Street Dog

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
These are the times when I truly wish I didn't live in the anti-gun state of Massachusetts. Damn, that looks like fun! Oh well, New Hampshire isn't far away.
Old 12-28-11, 12:06 PM
cuda2k
Unique Vintage Steel

Bikes: Kirk Frameworks JKS-C, Serotta Nova, Gazelle AB-Frame, Fuji Team Issue, Surly Straggler

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 52 Times in 11 Posts
+1 to what Tom said on the 1911. I've seen 1911's that could feed anything, others that barely fed round ball reliably. I keep debating on picking one up. I don't need yet another caliber to stock / reload, but darn if .45 auto isn't a good one to keep around.

back to the original topic - my Ruger Mini 14 would be the primary zombie carbine. plenty of cheap 30 round mags, .223 is still cheap and plentiful. 2.5-7x scope to keep them at range. Haven't run any 'good' .223 through it yet, but I know it eats the cheap and dirty stuff just fine.
Old 12-28-11, 02:10 PM
RubenX 
Look! My Spine!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
While we are making these anti-zombie preparations, what about having something on the side for other equally deadly threats like, vampires. IMHO, it would be great to get some boxes of hollow points in your caliber of choice, fill the cavity with a drop of holly water and seal it of with glue.

For werewolf, substitute the holly water with some silver-heavy solution and we are good to go.
Old 12-28-11, 02:19 PM
jsharr
You Know!? For Kids!

Bikes: '05 Trek 1200 / '90 Trek 8000 / '? Falcon Europa

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
ya'll know that zombies are not real, right?
Old 12-28-11, 03:10 PM
cuda2k
Unique Vintage Steel

Bikes: Kirk Frameworks JKS-C, Serotta Nova, Gazelle AB-Frame, Fuji Team Issue, Surly Straggler

Originally Posted by jsharr View Post
ya'll know that zombies are not real, right?
yet.
Old 12-28-11, 03:11 PM
jsharr
You Know!? For Kids!

Bikes: '05 Trek 1200 / '90 Trek 8000 / '? Falcon Europa

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by cuda2k View Post
yet.
When is the next gun show? Might use my Christmas bonus to get a pistol for Martha? We need to plan a day of biking, gun shopping and post ride drinking.
Old 12-28-11, 03:37 PM
cuda2k
Unique Vintage Steel

When is the next gun show? Might use my Christmas bonus to get a pistol for Martha? We need to plan a day of biking, gun shopping and post ride drinking.
I like this plan. I shall investigate.
Old 12-28-11, 04:42 PM
RubenX 
Look! My Spine!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
here you go:

The Big List of ALL Texas Gun Shows
Old 12-29-11, 01:00 AM
toytech

Bikes: enough bikes to qualify for Hoarders......

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tom Stormcrowe View Post
Take a little bit of emery cloth action to the feed ramp. It's a common problem with new, stiff 1911's. They have to kind of wear in and get a little loose, and then they become garbage eaters and can fire pretty muchany .45 auto round, including wadcutters.
Or if you have a little money to spend the installation of a Clark ramped (requires maching for the integrated ramp) barrel will do wonders. My 45 will load empty brass even after firing a whole case of cheap hardball through it. A good feedramp polishing usually works almost as well as Tom says.
BTW I prefer Magsafe for zombies.
Old 12-29-11, 07:42 AM
MillCreek
BF Risk Manager

Bikes: Road, mountain and folding

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Whenever I buy a new pistol, I always check to see if the feed ramp needs a good polish.