Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

Will a Carradice Barley or Acorn Large saddlebag fit a 13" Macbook Pro?

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-20, 05:31 PM
polymorphself 

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 837 Post(s)
Liked 1,080 Times in 521 Posts

Figured this is the best forum section to ask about saddlebag advice. Looking for one of these for long day trips, maybe an overnighter, and also work and other commutes. Based on stated dimensions it appears that I would be able to slide the laptop in diagonally and maybe the flap protrudes a little. but will still latch closed. Can't seem to find any discussion on this specifically.

Thanks!
Old 05-20-20, 09:40 AM
niknak

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 35 Posts
It might help to contact the companies and ask them. They get random questions about what fits in their bags all the time.
Old 05-21-20, 10:50 PM
phughes

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked 1,290 Times in 743 Posts
Originally Posted by polymorphself
Figured this is the best forum section to ask about saddlebag advice. Looking for one of these for long day trips, maybe an overnighter, and also work and other commutes. Based on stated dimensions it appears that I would be able to slide the laptop in diagonally and maybe the flap protrudes a little. but will still latch closed. Can't seem to find any discussion on this specifically.

Thanks!
It seems to me that it would be a tight fit, but I'm not sure. Campfire Cycling has some other options that may work. Send them an email and they could advise. Here is one, but it is big. https://www.campfirecycling.com/prod...im-p-3686.html
Old 05-21-20, 11:15 PM
polymorphself 

Originally Posted by phughes
It seems to me that it would be a tight fit, but I'm not sure. Campfire Cycling has some other options that may work. Send them an email and they could advise. Here is one, but it is big. https://www.campfirecycling.com/prod...im-p-3686.html
Thanks! So I did end up buying the large Acorn bag from a forum member, which is comparable to the Carradice Barley. It’s an extremely tight fit, and the laptop pokes out of the top of the bag but the flap will still close and buckle, which is good enough for me for now. And I plan to switch to an iPad soon a anyways which will definitely fit.
Likes For polymorphself:
Old 05-22-20, 12:01 AM
Happy Feet

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 2236 Post(s)
Liked 1,314 Times in 707 Posts
The Carradice site has some good options if it doesn't work out. This one is specific to laptops: https://www.carradice.co.uk/bags/com...ls-bike-bureau
Likes For Happy Feet:
Old 05-22-20, 12:58 PM
phughes

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked 1,290 Times in 743 Posts
Originally Posted by polymorphself
Thanks! So I did end up buying the large Acorn bag from a forum member, which is comparable to the Carradice Barley. It’s an extremely tight fit, and the laptop pokes out of the top of the bag but the flap will still close and buckle, which is good enough for me for now. And I plan to switch to an iPad soon a anyways which will definitely fit.
Glad to hear it fits. Hope it works out for you. If it is exposed, and you are worried about rain at all, you may be able to find a dry bag to slide the laptop into before placing it into the bag.
Likes For phughes:
Old 05-22-20, 01:41 PM
polymorphself 

Originally Posted by phughes
Glad to hear it fits. Hope it works out for you. If it is exposed, and you are worried about rain at all, you may be able to find a dry bag to slide the laptop into before placing it into the bag.
Thankfully I’m in Arizona! Ya we’ll get some monsoon storms over summer but not much else.
Likes For polymorphself: