Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Garmin Edge 530 multiple bikes

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-20, 09:24 AM
Thomas15
I think I know nothing.

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Liked 290 Times in 204 Posts

Is it possible to use one Garmin Edge 530 and configure it to two bikes?

Sorry if this is a question that has been asked before. I tried search.
Old 05-09-20, 11:25 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 6193 Post(s)
Liked 4,808 Times in 3,316 Posts
On my edge 500 it would be done under the bike profile. I think edge 520's and 530's went to activity profiles. Not sure how those work with exactly but see if you can select a bike in the activity profile and then likely you can pair that bikes sensors to that profile. Maybe.... someone else will be along that really knows and just doesn't babble from being stuck at home too long...... like me. <grin>
Old 05-09-20, 12:33 PM
sdmc530
Heft On Wheels

Bikes: Specialized,Cannondale,Argon 18

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 887 Post(s)
Liked 560 Times in 346 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
On my edge 500 it would be done under the bike profile. I think edge 520's and 530's went to activity profiles. Not sure how those work with exactly but see if you can select a bike in the activity profile and then likely you can pair that bikes sensors to that profile. Maybe.... someone else will be along that really knows and just doesn't babble from being stuck at home too long...... like me. <grin>

Correct, you can have different activity profiles. I do this with my 4 bikes, have a profile for each bike to show what data I want to see. I have a PM on 1 bike so that data isn't relevant on my CX bike for example. I wish Garmin would update some of the sorting features on connect to sperate bikes on rides.
Old 05-09-20, 01:23 PM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 3235 Post(s)
Liked 2,080 Times in 1,178 Posts
Originally Posted by sdmc530
Correct, you can have different activity profiles. I do this with my 4 bikes, have a profile for each bike to show what data I want to see. I have a PM on 1 bike so that data isn't relevant on my CX bike for example. I wish Garmin would update some of the sorting features on connect to sperate bikes on rides.
My conversation with a Garmin tech. support guy asking if maybe they could have the bike profile data (now activity profile) be sent to Connect ?. "Oh. Yeah, that's a good suggestion, why don't you write that up and submit it". No,numbnut, why don't YOU submit it.

This was maybe 3 years ago.

I'm like sdmc530, I have different screens and maps for different activity profiles, ea. is a different bike. I end up sending the data to RideWithGPS so edit the activity there to keep track of which bike I was riding.
Likes For Steve B.:
Old 05-09-20, 07:46 PM
Thomas15
I think I know nothing.

OK thank you. I thought it would be something along the line of the Profile but the Garmin manual is for no real good reason too complicated.
Old 05-10-20, 04:39 AM
sdmc530
Heft On Wheels

Bikes: Specialized,Cannondale,Argon 18

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 887 Post(s)
Liked 560 Times in 346 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve B.
My conversation with a Garmin tech. support guy asking if maybe they could have the bike profile data (now activity profile) be sent to Connect ?. "Oh. Yeah, that's a good suggestion, why don't you write that up and submit it". No,numbnut, why don't YOU submit it.

I'm like sdmc530, I have different screens and maps for different activity profiles, ea. is a different bike. I end up sending the data to RideWithGPS so edit the activity there to keep track of which bike I was riding.
this has been suggested on the garmin forums over and over and over again. Nothing doing. This is in my mind the only place where they really fail their customers. Devices are awesome IMO, the rest needs help.
Likes For sdmc530:
Old 05-10-20, 02:59 PM
Thomas15
I think I know nothing.

Thank you all for taking the time to respond. I have my Garmin configured for 2 bikes now and it's working perfect.

Originally Posted by Iride01
Originally Posted by sdmc530
Originally Posted by Steve B.

Likes For Thomas15: