Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Western Flyer Barn Find

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-20, 03:00 PM
Duxrule

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Western Flyer Barn Find

I know it's not the find of a lifetime, but these two did spend at least the last 20 years in a heated warehouse. They are pristine. The seller says they belonged to his grandparents, who both died many years ago. I got the pair for $200; they're rideable right now. They appear to be completely original, except for the tires on the Men's. If I'm reading the sparse literature correctly, these were made by Murray for Western Auto in the early 70's. Does anybody else have info, or do you know someone that does?

Old 05-18-20, 08:13 PM
ramzilla

Bikes: Vintage Japanese Bicycles, Tange, Ishiwata, Kuwahara

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 700 Post(s)
Liked 322 Times in 252 Posts
Those would be fun bikes to give to charity.
Old 05-19-20, 10:08 AM
Duxrule

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
They're going with us on the back of the RV. They're old school, and they're made for riding around parks and stuff. Cute as hell, too.