Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Need help setting up Bell cycling computer.

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-11, 10:43 PM
deadsouls.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So basically I found a wireless Bell cycling computer laying around. I have no directions for this thing, and I can't find any online. I'd really like to start using it. I want to use it to track how many miles I rode. I don't care about the other features as much.

Here's a picture of it, I'm guessing that thing to the left of it is some sort of sensor.

Help me out!

Last edited by deadsouls.; 03-15-11 at 10:48 PM.
Old 03-16-11, 06:41 AM
Mr Gnome

Bikes: Sun X3-SX recumbent trike

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Deadsouls,

It looks like the one I bought for my wife. She never even turned it on most of the time and gave it to her brother. He decided after re-wrapping his handlebars he didn't want it. He gave it back, but lost the directions, so I'm in the same boat as you. If you do find info, please post.

The only reason they didn't like it was because it's hard to see during day light. IMO, I think it was the angle they kept it at. My Trek is the same way at some angles.

But anyway, you need to do a roll out to get the size of your wheel to put the number into it. (Roll out is one revolution of your wheel...some people say three revolutions are better and then divide by three for the number.) You'll just have to play around with it pushing a button, or combinations of buttons, to find the screen where you'd put the number in. There are also presets of wheel sizes...but as you know, every wheel with this tire or that tire will be a little different.

BTW, all numbers are metric. If all you have is a tape measure in ft/in, then take the number and convert to metric. I seem to recall it's 25.4 x's inches gives the metric...but look it up to make sure.

Bob
Old 03-17-11, 12:18 AM
moneypit

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I used this computer for 6 months and it worked great in the beginning. However, later on it started acting up and resetting even though the battery was perfectly fine. I don't have the instruction booklet with me anymore since I sold the bike with it, but you'll need to set the wheel size. As far as features go, it provides speed, distance, temperature, trip just to name a few. Always found resetting trip and distance to be a pain.

Try and call Bell to see if they can give you instructions. I think the model is wireless 12 (or 20). It's the only current wireless model.