Search
Notices
Adaptive Cycling: Handcycles, Amputee Adaptation, Visual Impairment, and Other Needs Have a need for adaptive equipment to ride to compensate for a disability or loss of limb or function? This area is for discussion among those of us in the cycling world that are coming back from traumatic circumstances and tell the world, "No, you are not going to beat me down!"

The Audio Gallery, Lake Oswego, Or

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-17, 06:31 PM
omnivor

Bikes: 78ish Dawes, 80ish Swinn, 80ish Pinarello

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The Audio Gallery, Lake Oswego, Or

I used to live in Lake Oswego, Oregon for a decade a long time ago. There was a hi-fi store there - The Audio Gallery - run by Gary and Cindy Kerr. I went into the shop regularly, bought minor stuff , couldn't afford the big tickets and was treated like a valued customer by Gary and his lovely wife. Their time, attitude and attention were like I was their only customer, every visit.

Gary was wheel chair bound much of his life but he man handled large speakers and amps around that shop like the pro he was. He never mentioned the chair and I never asked.

It wasn't until I heard of his passing a couple years ago, did I discover that he was at one time, the fastest man in the world in a wheelchair (regardless of disability) in the 1500M track event and the 10K road race. Additionally, he was the inventor/developer of the 3 wheeled racing chairs that became a standard these days. Wow.

RIP Gary...inspiring.