Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

10 Finally

Old 01-16-18, 01:54 PM
ill.clyde

Bikes: 2009 Trek 1.2

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
https://support.zwift.com/hc/en-us/c...66395-Burrito-
Old 01-16-18, 01:56 PM
Beachgrad05
Just Keep Pedaling

Bikes: 99 Schwinn Mesa GS MTB, 15 Trek Domane 5.9 Dura-Ace, 17 Trek Emonda SL6 Pro & 18 Bianchi Vigorelli

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked 67 Times in 34 Posts
Originally Posted by sdmc530
I could of swore there was another "power up" it looks like a burrito with two B's in the roll? what is that for? I am so confused now....
Think they one is gone. Found this about it from 2015

“Breakaway Burrito (deprecated on 2015-03-12)
The Burrito power-up was designed to shake a drafting opponent/opponents from behind you as it makes you completely undraftable (much like the TT bikes are today), but most riders who recieved it would just burn it in order to get rid of it quickly, rather than tactically use it to their advantage.
It is rumored that it may make its appearance again in power-up enabled race events and it's a good way to drop an opponent at a key time, but as Jon Mayfield says: "I wouldn't hold my breath...", so to speak.“
Old 01-16-18, 02:17 PM
sdmc530
Heft On Wheels

Bikes: Specialized,Cannondale,Argon 18

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 887 Post(s)
Liked 560 Times in 346 Posts
Well that does clear it up. I see it on the screen when you cross a finish line or whatever, but never gotten it.
thanks for the clarification.

As a clyde I usually try to maximize these little bonus like climbing, and climbing and climbing lol
Old 01-16-18, 05:19 PM
camcrobe

Bikes: Specialized Secteur Double, 1997 Jamis Quest rebuilt CoMo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks to all above for advice. I set aside a few hours tomorrow and will be doing the volcano circuit on the TT bike.

For what it’s worth, went on the Clyde/Athena ZBR group ride yesterday — very good ride.
Old 01-16-18, 05:50 PM
ericy
Señor Member

Bikes: Giant OCR2, Trek DS 8.3

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 416 Post(s)
Liked 48 Times in 32 Posts
I could of swore there was another "power up" it looks like a burrito with two B's in the roll? what is that for? I am so confused now....
Yeah, it is/was controversial - they called it the "Breakaway burrito". The idea is that if you are in a group and you are trying to break away, then you select it and nobody will be able to draft you until the thing runs out.

As to why a burrito? The explanation I heard was it was as if you had eaten a burrito, and that nobody *wanted* to follow you .

For my riding it would be pointless, and I don't think I have ever gotten it.
Old 01-16-18, 06:16 PM
ericy
Señor Member

I really want that tron bike
I am working on that one too, but it is going to take a while to get. You have to do something like 50K meters of climbing, or 150000 feet. About 5-6 times the height of Mt Everest. A trip up the Epic KOM is about 1% of the total needed.

The climbing *gradually* gets easier as time goes on. The funny thing is that according to those stupid guidelines about max HR, at my age, I ought to have a maximum HR of around 160 or so, which implies that I could hope hold that for maybe a minute or two and then have to back off out of exhaustion. But on the epic KOM, I can hold it at about that level for 15-20 minutes. My only limitation is that my bottom gets sore from being in the saddle, and I need to stop for a few minutes and get some relief. I put the Brooks on the Zwift bike - I will start using that and see if I get some improvement.
Old 01-17-18, 08:01 AM
ill.clyde

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by camcrobe
Thanks to all above for advice. I set aside a few hours tomorrow and will be doing the volcano circuit on the TT bike.

For what it’s worth, went on the Clyde/Athena ZBR group ride yesterday — very good ride.
Glad you enjoyed it!
Old 01-18-18, 02:56 AM
Turzy

Bikes: Kona Lana'i, Cannondale CAADX Disk

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
haven't been able to zwift in about 10 days looking forward to get some zwifting time later today
Old 01-18-18, 09:52 AM
sdmc530
Heft On Wheels

Originally Posted by Turzy
haven't been able to zwift in about 10 days looking forward to get some zwifting time later today

ten days! I would need therapy! I am on 11 days in a row, will get my 14 day achievement hoping to get the 30 day one too!

I can't seem to go without riding so far this year more than a day or two even if that means getting up at 0500 to ride.
Old 01-18-18, 12:53 PM
Turzy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
been really busy with work, kids...I thought I wasn't going to be able to ride today, but I was finally able to log in and do a couple laps of the volcano on the TT bike...not sure I like it (the bike)
Old 01-18-18, 01:18 PM
ill.clyde

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Turzy
been really busy with work, kids...I thought I wasn't going to be able to ride today, but I was finally able to log in and do a couple laps of the volcano on the TT bike...not sure I like it (the bike)
It sucks since there's no draft benefit ... but you do accrue more XP
Old 01-18-18, 02:39 PM
Turzy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I was getting 20xp/km and 10xp/lap, which is what I'm usually getting with the bike I was using before the TT bike...I guess lol
Old 01-18-18, 03:21 PM
ericy
Señor Member

My bottom would be so sore after riding the frequency, times and distances you people are doing .
Old 01-18-18, 03:52 PM
Beachgrad05
Just Keep Pedaling

Bikes: 99 Schwinn Mesa GS MTB, 15 Trek Domane 5.9 Dura-Ace, 17 Trek Emonda SL6 Pro & 18 Bianchi Vigorelli

I ordered a rocker plate for my Kickr from Bikeacces in the Netherlands. Was pricey but I'm not handy. Shipping alone was $80 of the cost. It arrived yesterday. Was shipped on Monday from the Netherlands. Now that is some fast shipping to get from EUROPE to SO CAL in two days! I didn't even know it had arrived until today. I opened UPS and refreshed tracking to see where it was....lo and behold it was at my house! Went home at lunch and took the box inside (was on side porch hence not seeing it yesterday).

I did the SRAM women's tour - stage 1 yesterday. I was not dead last so that was cool (per Zwiftpower.com I wsa 77th out of 84). I got home from work and did some chores and got things set up and was on bike for the ride at 7pm PST. 3 laps of Volcano Flat Reverse. I think I like that route in reverse. Not doing stage 2 as that is the Big Loop which includes EPIC KOM and I have not ridden the route yet or tried Epic KOM yet. Starts at 7pm and I would take forever to do it. So decided to skip that stage. I earned the SRAM kit for completing the stage last night.
Old 01-18-18, 04:08 PM
ericy
Señor Member

Originally Posted by Beachgrad05
I think I like that route in reverse.
I think I like a lot of the routes in reverse - it seems like the vast majority of people ride the Watopia loops forward and it just seems a lot less crowded going the other direction.
Old 01-18-18, 04:15 PM
Turzy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I usually ride ccw too lol

and I want/need a smart trainer...
Old 01-19-18, 08:02 AM
Podagrower

Bikes: Giant Defy Composite, Spechialized Ruby (hers), Niner RLT9, Miyata 712, Condor ??

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked 31 Times in 19 Posts
If I don't get to level 10 this weekend, I'll be a bit grumpy. Only about 50KM to go. Last night, while I was grumbling to myself about riding the TT bike (so as to only get XP for power ups) I had a realization-why not ride thru the arch on the TT bike, then switch back to a lighter bike. Catching a draft for a change made things kinda nice. Then, I switched back to the TT bike for the sprint section and I had another thought, that sprint section goes both ways (bisectional?) so I whipped a U and picked up another 10 points. So those are my tips of the day for getting the most XP out of your ride.
Old 01-19-18, 08:47 AM
sdmc530
Heft On Wheels

Originally Posted by Podagrower
If I don't get to level 10 this weekend, I'll be a bit grumpy. Only about 50KM to go. Last night, while I was grumbling to myself about riding the TT bike (so as to only get XP for power ups) I had a realization-why not ride thru the arch on the TT bike, then switch back to a lighter bike. Catching a draft for a change made things kinda nice. Then, I switched back to the TT bike for the sprint section and I had another thought, that sprint section goes both ways (bisectional?) so I whipped a U and picked up another 10 points. So those are my tips of the day for getting the most XP out of your ride.

I just unlocked the Zwift Carbon TT bike this morning (level 13). I will exclusively ride this bike now because of the bonus points only trick. I don't really care if I draft off people or whatever I just ride to ride. I do a few races just for the heck of it but again I don't really care what place I take.

Also they say the Zwift Carbon TT is the 5th fastest bike, I could use all the help in the speed dept I can get. Its pretty cool.....really wanting to hit level 15 badly, my motivation!
Old 01-19-18, 07:07 PM
Beachgrad05
Just Keep Pedaling

Level 13 unlocks the Zwift Aero bike which looks like a Madone race bike. You should already have the TT bike. Think that is a day 1 bike.
Old 01-19-18, 10:22 PM
sdmc530
Heft On Wheels

Originally Posted by Beachgrad05
Level 13 unlocks the Zwift Aero bike which looks like a Madone race bike. You should already have the TT bike. Think that is a day 1 bike.
Yeah i had that backwards. The zwift aero is what unlocked. That is the 5th fastest claimed bike.