Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fitting Your Bike
Reload this Page >

Is it worth to buy the Shimano pd 6600?

Search
Notices
Fitting Your Bike Are you confused about how you should fit a bike to your particular body dimensions? Have you been reading, found the terms Merxx or French Fit, and don’t know what you need? Every style of riding is different- in how you fit the bike to you, and the sizing of the bike itself. It’s more than just measuring your height, reach and inseam. With the help of Bike Fitting, you’ll be able to find the right fit for your frame size, style of riding, and your particular dimensions. Here ya’ go…..the location for everything fit related.

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-20, 02:42 AM
frozenscissor

Bikes: still unknown

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi guys, because I have the Shimano 6600 group set, I’m thinking to buy the click pedal as well, but most of the reviews said, that PD6600 lack in so many things. I’m not used to click pedal (I’m an newbie)

can someone suggest, whether I buy the PD6600 or should I buy the other?
Old 12-09-20, 09:16 AM
masi61

Bikes: Puch Marco Polo, Saint Tropez, Masi Gran Criterium

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1163 Post(s)
Liked 442 Times in 315 Posts
If you are new to a bike with a Shimano Ultegra 6600 group set I would ask is the bike used? The Ultegra 6600 10 speed road components are from about 10 years ago and subsequent iterations of Ultegra 6700, 6800, and now 8000 series have supplanted the previous series.

I am a fan of the 6600 10-speed components and continue to run them since they work so well and, before shortages at least they could be had for lower prices than the newer versions.

As for pedals, I checked eBay and did see 3 pair used available, no new ones. I never tried the previous generation. I have 9000 and 9100 Dura Ace pedals on my road bikes and think they are great. Shimano SPD-R road clipless pedals whether they are 105, Ultegra or Dura Ace versions are all very good. The PD-6600 used pedals I saw are 3 bolt (Look drilling) for road shoes BTW. It appears that the cleats for these pedals use “outriggers” with little nubs on the sides presumably to improve walkability.

Old you post a picture of your bike and of your current pedals? What type of riding do you do?

Have a great day!
Old 12-10-20, 11:35 AM
icemilkcoffee 

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1562 Post(s)
Liked 1,734 Times in 974 Posts
The SPD-R is kind of a weird orphan standard. If you are a casual cyclist I think SPD is better. You can walk around on SPD shoes and not scratch the floor up or destroy your cleats. If you insist on staying within the Ultegra family- the Ultegra PD6500 is a SPD pedal. It is very smooth but a tad on the heavy side, but that's the price you pay for staying in the Shimano family
Likes For icemilkcoffee:
Old 12-10-20, 11:48 AM
caloso

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Canyon Exceed, Specialized Transition, Ellsworth Roots, Ridley Excalibur

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 2952 Post(s)
Liked 3,106 Times in 1,417 Posts
I am a long-time user of Shimano SPD-SL pedals and love them but would pass on buying an old set of Ultegras unless they were NOS or barely used.