Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Hey...no kickstand

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Hey...no kickstand

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-21, 12:59 PM
AVolta

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts
Quick and Easy

With a scissors, cut about 1/4 off of an old inner tube and slide it onto your handlebar just under the front handbrake. Stretching it over the handbrake when you want to park secures the font wheel, making your bike less inclined to fall over when you lean it against something. I found that a 28-32 width inner tube has just enough stretch to keep it snug on the handlebar when not in use, but enough elasticity to pull it over the brake lever.
Old 01-14-21, 03:49 PM
daniell

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
If you install training wheels, you wont need a kickstand.
Old 01-14-21, 05:26 PM
phughes

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked 1,290 Times in 743 Posts
When I bought my Long Haul Trucker, I ordered a pad for the top tube, so when I leaned it against poles and the like, it would prevent scratches. On its first trip to the grocery store, before receiving the pad, I locked it to a sign post that was made of formed steel, which was rusty. It was against my saddlebag. I loaded the groceries, then unlocked it, after which the bike proceeded to roll backwards, the frame scraping along the jagged, rusty, sign post, leaving a scratch about four inches long. The scratch was "fixed" with a black Sharpie marker. I got the pad a few days later. I used the pad for a long time, but it isn't on the bike anymore. It was reversible, one side black, the other was a reflective material. I had it so the black was on the outside, and found the reflective part was abrasive, and marred the paint. I polished the tube after taking it off, then put a liner under it before putting it back on the tube. I removed it at one point for something and never bothered putting it back on. It was nice though, not worrying about leaning the bike on anything.

As for a kickstand? I have no desire for one on this bike. It would be a pain fully loaded, I feel more comfortable leaning it on something. I do have a Click Stand, and have used it on occasion, but rarely. It is really easy and secure to lean the bike on something.

Oh, that and occasionally I will buy it a ticket when I go to the movie so it can come in too. He likes movies about people riding bicycles. Other than that I lean it against something, or park them at a furniture store and put it on a couch so it is padded.