Notices
Manufacturer, Retailer, Survey and Consumer Feedback As a manufacturer or retailer, do you want opinions and feedback on your products or services? Members, do you have an open letter to publish? Here's a place for both sides of the industry to communicate. Also, surveys and Student Data Colllection projects go in here.

Pristiwani Cycle Store - Legit?

Old 04-21-20, 01:51 PM
MrAwesome

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Pristiwani Cycle Store - Legit?

I could not find anything online about this store except their own website. The website looks pretty legit; it looks professional, high quality and up to date. The prices for a bike I was looking at purchasing is about $500 less on their store than anywhere else I could find. They appear to be somewhere on the eastern hemisphere, so that could be why, but they have a currency drop-down that includes USD, so I assume they do business with people in the US, or at least are prepared to.

Just wondering if anyone has experience with this online seller.
Old 04-23-20, 11:27 AM
Buggywhips26

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Im looking for the same info. They have a bike for $2k less than ANYWHERE in the USA. I figured they would do a switcharoo and send me last years model. I searched the web extensively and found noting. Nothing on Google Maps. No Reviews.

I emailed them and they replied about 40 hours later. I might contact paypal and see what protections are available.

Thank you for contacting us.

Yes sir, this model is already in 2020.
For the purchase process, you can check out and register directly on our website page.

Note :
( Delivery time Standard will be 17 - 21 days by Air and 30 - 35 days by Sea freight )
and For shipping costs, it will automatically come out on our website if you have registered and checked out ( Maybe USD $25 - USD $ 650 ) / Tax fees included
( Shipping costs depend on whether you want to be sent by Air or Sea. )
The fee will be known after you register and check out on our website.
We have money back guarantee if the item :

1. Broken within delivery time.
2. Not Original.
3. Not arrive more than 40 days.

We will return your full payment or sent the new one.
Depend the case, you can choose want to receive the full refund or receive a new unit.

Feel free if you have another questions,
It's my pleasure to assist you.

Thank you
Best Regards

Last edited by Buggywhips26; 04-23-20 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Grammar
Old 04-23-20, 10:00 PM
MrAwesome

Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Interesting. I'm slightly tempted, but also cautious...
Old 04-24-20, 06:23 AM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 3059 Post(s)
Liked 6,380 Times in 3,692 Posts
If it sounds too good to be true...
Old 04-24-20, 10:08 PM
Mike.g369

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi everyone, looks like I’m in the same boat. Did anyone pull the trigger?
Old 04-25-20, 07:04 AM
Jrob

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I’m wondering why not much info yet their site claims they have been operating since 2018?
Old 04-25-20, 08:05 AM
Mike.g369

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jrob
I’m wondering why not much info yet their site claims they have been operating since 2018?
maybe they just started shipping internationally this year...??
Old 04-25-20, 08:11 AM
Jrob

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike.g369
maybe they just started shipping internationally this year...??
thank you..could be..they have good deal on giant stance bike I like..just hesitant from lack of info out there
Old 04-25-20, 08:17 AM
kingston 
Jedi Master

Bikes: https://stinkston.blogspot.com/p/my-bikes.html

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 1759 Post(s)
Liked 488 Times in 313 Posts
Indonesian online retailer with prices too good to be true? 100% guaranteed scam.
Likes For kingston:
Old 04-25-20, 08:22 AM
Mike.g369

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
thank you..could be..they have good deal on giant stance bike I like..just hesitant from lack of info out there
I’m looking at the fuse expert. Bike Barn has it 1800, on line store here in the US for 1600 but they don’t have my size. This site has it 1350...hopefully shipping is under 100. i will decide by this weekend but very hesitant. I’ve disputed fraudulent charges on a CC before and it was always easy but never an amount over 500.
Old 04-25-20, 08:24 AM
Jrob

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kingston
Indonesian online retailer with prices too good to be true? 100% guaranteed scam.
That’s where I was headed.Also I’d rather support made in USA especially right now..Any reasonable shops you could recommend?
Old 04-25-20, 08:41 AM
kingston 
Jedi Master

That’s where I was headed.Also I’d rather support made in USA especially right now..Any reasonable shops you could recommend?
I've never had a problem with any online retailer in Europe or the US. Customer service can be a little variable, but you won't get completely ripped off as a shop in Jakarta is likely to do. I've also had good luck with aliexpress for little stuff.
Old 04-25-20, 08:48 AM
Mike.g369

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
most of the higher end bikes are made in Taiwan. The price of the bike I’m looking at is not to good to be true so that’s not throwing up a red flag for me plus from what I have heard the mark up on these bikes are high.
Old 04-25-20, 10:01 AM
cranky old road 
Let your bike be the tool

Bikes: '66 Raleigh Carlton, '70 Ron Cooper, '95 Bianchi CD'I, Zonal Frame with Xenon gruppo, Carbon Frame with Record Gruppo, Columbia Twosome, Terry Classic, Bianchi SX, Gravity SS/FG

Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Liked 311 Times in 191 Posts
Google maps shows three bike stores in the area of their address which seems to be a mall. None are Pristiwani.
Emerhub reports "Congratulations! You found 0 companies in Indonesia searching for pristiwani!"
Let us know how it works out for you.
Old 04-26-20, 10:32 PM
2_i 

Bikes: Trek 730 (quad), 720 & 830, Bike Friday NWT, Brompton M36R & M6R, Dahon HAT060 & HT060, ...

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 834 Post(s)
Liked 332 Times in 247 Posts
Originally Posted by kingston
I've never had a problem with any online retailer in Europe or the US. Customer service can be a little variable, but you won't get completely ripped off as a shop in Jakarta is likely to do. I've also had good luck with aliexpress for little stuff.
Below is an example of a fraudulent US-based site that operates for years, but is not getting shut down:

https://www.dealscube.com/

To convince yourself that the site is fraudulent, without actually getting burnt, you need to read carefully the reviews:

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.dealscube.com

They are so deprived that they go after customers, who they scammed or attempted to scam, who tried to fight back in posting about their experiences. Oh, yes, they have excellent prices and items in stock that nobody else has.
Old 04-27-20, 09:28 AM
MrAwesome

Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Yeah, for me, it's just a little too risky. Even if I can dispute the charges and get my money back, who knows how long that will take and I don't have time to deal with crap like that anyway right now. I have a Giant bike shop less than a mile form my house and I have no problem giving them money. The only reason I stumbled on that online store is because I wanted to check that the price at the store was comparable with everywhere else; which it is except for Pristiwani. Thanks for all the replies!
Old 06-09-20, 08:05 PM
Buggywhips26

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not a Scam

My brother in law lives in Singapore, so I had him check it out when he was in Jakarta. He gave me the green light to order from them. He said the store is amazing in person. So I ordered a 2020 Specialized Turbo Levo Expert Carbon through PayPal. Took about 28 days by sea. Bike arrived exactly as described. I paid $6670.00 total with shipping and tax. That is over $2k cheaper than I can find it anywhere in the USA. Super stoked it all worked out. Just thought I would let you guys know its all good.
Old 06-11-20, 09:47 PM
damanic

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Buggywhips26, can you post of photo of your bike? That's exactly the bike I've been looking for.
Old 06-12-20, 07:50 AM
kingston 
Jedi Master

Nice job, fellas. Super convincing.
Old 06-12-20, 09:49 AM
2_i 

Bikes: Trek 730 (quad), 720 & 830, Bike Friday NWT, Brompton M36R & M6R, Dahon HAT060 & HT060, ...

So by accident you were interested in exactly the same store out of the myriad in the world and your brother-in-law by another accident was brought to the vicinity of that store. What are the chances of that?? Sounds like the question whether the operation is fraudulent is pretty firmly answered
Likes For 2_i:
Old 06-13-20, 12:45 PM
damanic

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've had some email correspondence with this alleged bike shop. I've asked to do a video conference and see the actual store and bike they are advertising. I'm still miles from being convinced that it is legit, but I'll keep everyone posted on the process.
Old 06-13-20, 06:22 PM
2_i 

It sounds to me like fraud in progress.
Old 07-02-20, 05:46 AM
Fritz3489

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Buggywhips26
My brother in law lives in Singapore, so I had him check it out when he was in Jakarta. He gave me the green light to order from them. He said the store is amazing in person. So I ordered a 2020 Specialized Turbo Levo Expert Carbon through PayPal. Took about 28 days by sea. Bike arrived exactly as described. I paid $6670.00 total with shipping and tax. That is over $2k cheaper than I can find it anywhere in the USA. Super stoked it all worked out. Just thought I would let you guys know its all good.
Can you post a picture of your bike?
Old 08-07-20, 02:33 AM
erry

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
I've been living in jakarta for 35 years, there is no pristiwani cycle store at the written address

Last edited by erry; 08-07-20 at 02:49 AM.
Likes For erry:
Old 09-24-20, 12:07 AM
CalfiSala

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Website looks legit... BUT everything else doesn't add up.
1.They have every bike and size you could ever possibly want...
2. Zoom into their storefront images and you will discern storefront photoshopped signs and photoshopped faces on the cyclists. They did a good job but it's not perfect. Busted by photoshop!

This is totally a scam. Shame, shame, shame........

If they read this thread, they may try to fix their errors. Too good to be true holds up well in this example.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.