Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

N-1!!!

Old 02-29-20, 03:41 PM
jppe
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 408 Posts
N-1!!!

Just sold my Cervelo P2C Time Trial bike!! It was a really smooth and aerodynamic ride but it hasn’t been ridden in almost 3 years. It was a size 58 so it needed to be a taller rider.

The fella who bought it is taller (and younger) than me so it should be a really good fit. He’s been using his road bike doing triathlons so with this new ride he should really pick up some time.

Also packaged a Disc rear wheel and 3 spoke front wheel with it.

Glad it’s going to a good home!!!

Old 02-29-20, 04:12 PM
Retro Grouch 

Bikes: Catrike 559 I own some others but they don't get ridden very much.

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1572 Post(s)
Liked 642 Times in 363 Posts
N-1? I don't think you're doing it right.
Old 02-29-20, 05:32 PM
OldsCOOL

Bikes: '77 Colnago Super, '76 Fuji The Finest, '88 Cannondale Criterium, '86 Trek 760, '87 Miyata 712

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 659 Post(s)
Liked 595 Times in 313 Posts
That needs a replacement!
Old 02-29-20, 09:39 PM
big john

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 8183 Post(s)
Liked 8,839 Times in 4,390 Posts
Did you lose interest in tt?
Old 03-01-20, 07:48 AM
jppe
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Originally Posted by big john
Did you lose interest in tt?
I just never made an opportunity to ride it recently. It was carbon replaced my first TT bike which was an aluminum Cervelo PCk. We used to have the time trial series at Charlotte Motor Speedway where we’d have 6 events a year. I actually inherited putting on the Time Trial Series for a long time. We hated to stop having the TT events at such a unique venue but we were losing a ton of money. We had a decent turnout at each event but to just break even we would have had to raise ticket prices to an unattractive amount.

Since the TTs were only 10 miles I had it set up in a very aero, aggressive position which was not all that comfortable. It was also the second bike that I took on my cross country ride. I had my do all Cervelo R3 which I could ride any hill on and that’s what I used for 99% of the miles. Before leaving for the trip, I looked at the elevation profiles for the different states. Nebraska looked like it was pretty flat and a great opportunity to ride the TT bike. I changed the saddle and bar positions and got it comfortable to where I could ride it for longer rides. However, when we started our first full day of riding in Nebraska the winds were horrific, and continued that way all across the State. I started out on the bike but I just couldn’t keep it stable and didn’t feel getting blown out into traffic. I don’t recall exactly but I might have ridden it one full day with not that much time in the aero bars.

It had a 53/39 crank and a short cage derailleur. For the XC trip I added a Wolf Tooth Roadlink so I could use a 12-30 cassette. Where we live is a lot of rollers. It’s okay for riding around my house but a road bike just feels better. I was able to pick up some speed on the bike. And the carbon frame felt really comfortable with road buzz, better than some of my road bikes. I rode it some with my riding groups but again the road bikes felt safer in pacelines. When I was with groups on the TT bike I either pulled or road in the rear.

I don’t think I rode it after my hip replacement. I’m not sure how my hip would have done in that position. So, it has just been sitting and TT’s nor Triathlons just don’t seem to be my thing. Since most of the riding was only 10 miles, I bet it had less than 1000 miles on it even though it was a 2009 model.
Old 03-01-20, 08:10 AM
CyclingBK

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 88 Times in 57 Posts
It looks like it’s moving fast just sitting there ; )
Old 03-01-20, 10:04 AM
John E
feros ferio

Bikes: 1959 Capo Modell Campagnolo; 1960 Capo Sieger (2); 1962 Carlton Franco Suisse; 1970 Peugeot UO-8; 1982 Bianchi Campione d'Italia; 1988 Schwinn Project KOM-10;

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 1384 Post(s)
Liked 1,293 Times in 819 Posts
I just did N-1 with the car fleet, donating the 1996 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro to my local PBS station. I just didn't have time to finish the extensive rewiring needed following an electrical short and meltdown in the power window / door lock / security system circuit. Now I'll have time to finish at least one of my two project bikes (1960 Capo Sieger littermates).
Peugeot: 1970 UO-8, S/N 0010468
Bianchi: 1982 Campione d'Italia, S/N 1.M9914
Schwinn: 1988 Project KOM-10, S/N F804069
Old 03-01-20, 11:32 AM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 5218 Post(s)
Liked 3,564 Times in 2,331 Posts
nice tribute
Old 03-01-20, 02:58 PM
jppe
Let's do a Century

Originally Posted by John E
I just did N-1 with the car fleet, donating the 1996 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro to my local PBS station. I just didn't have time to finish the extensive rewiring needed following an electrical short and meltdown in the power window / door lock / security system circuit. Now I'll have time to finish at least one of my two project bikes (1960 Capo Sieger littermates).
I’ve had a nice run the last couple weeks. I sold the Bike Mobile (2006 Toyota Sienna) my wife used to sag for me on various bike trips. I had given it to my daughter but for some reason she just couldn’t keep it running. I thought I might need to donate it like you did. I got it back and it ran perfectly for me. I’ve sold three vehicles pretty quickly via the NextDoor App. I’ve found it hits the audience I’m trying to target.

I used a group Facebook page for the Charlotte area to sell the bike. There is also a nation wide FB page I would have put it on if it didn’t sell but I was hoping to avoid the hassle of shipping it.

Maybe between the bike and the van proceeds I could buy another set of irons??? The ones I’m playing with are 25 years old......but I really haven’t hit another set of irons as well as I hit these.