Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Adventure Cycling free membership offer

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-20, 09:35 AM
KerryIrons

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 506 Post(s)
Liked 638 Times in 356 Posts

I'm a 30+ year member of and volunteer for Adventure Cycling Association, a national non-profit bicycle travel organization, and they have asked me to help spread the word about their mission which is "To inspire, empower, and connect people to travel by bicycle."

Adventure Cycling researches and publishes cycling maps (including the TransAmerica Trail, Pacific Coast Route, Route 66, Lewis & Clark, Underground Railroad, Great Divide Mountain Bike Route and many more), offers a variety of online bicycle touring resources, publishes a bicycle travel magazine called Adventure Cyclist, and runs guided tours. They also have been central in the development of the US Bicycle Route System.

They have offered free trial memberships for me to disperse. Benefits of membership include a subscription to Adventure Cyclist magazine, member discounts on Adventure Cycling maps, and more. This offer is for first-time members with a US mailing address.

If you are interested in learning more about Adventure Cycling's programs and their mission please visit: www.adventurecycling.org

To take advantage of this offer you can sign-up online at:
https://www.adventurecycling.org/mem...hip/?r=Y5-FB20

Kerry Irons
Likes For KerryIrons:
Old 03-10-20, 10:21 AM
Smitty2k1

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 16 Posts
Thanks! I actually just learned about this organization and signed up for a year long membership about a month ago. Nice to see the outreach
Likes For Smitty2k1:
Old 03-10-20, 10:26 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18411 Post(s)
Liked 15,531 Times in 7,327 Posts
Been a member since '98 or '99. Did my first ever tour--unsupported Northern Tier--with them in '99. Visited the headquarters several times. Hope to stop in again this June after a loop tour from/to Missoula.
Old 03-10-20, 12:48 PM
Sertsa

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked 164 Times in 67 Posts
Thank you. I was looking over the site recently, especially the Underground Railroad tour as I live near the northern part of the route (and once photographed one of the museums for a local tourism board). So I signed up. Thanks again.
Old 03-10-20, 01:29 PM
Cyclist0108
Occam's Rotor

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 2366 Post(s)
Liked 2,331 Times in 1,164 Posts
I benefitted from your generosity a few years ago. Thank you again. (I still have some "Bikecentennial" maps from old trips.)
Old 03-12-20, 08:15 PM
DeadGrandpa

Bikes: Too many, yet not enough.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 492 Post(s)
Liked 311 Times in 201 Posts
I've been a member for 6 years, according to my membership card. I bought a membership for my nephew last year. He isn't a bicyclist, but he might get some ideas from the magazine, which is a fabulous resource. I've been reviewing the last two years of issues recently, researching a new bikepacking/gravel bike for my fiancee. If you enjoy traveling by bike, you need to join. The maps are high quality.
Old 03-13-20, 05:49 AM
RJD253

Bikes: Lynskey Sportive, Cannondale F1000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank you.
Old 03-13-20, 09:16 AM
noobinsf 

Bikes: '82 Univega Competizione, '72 Motobecane Grand Record, '83 Mercian KOM Touring, '85 Univega Alpina Uno, '76 Eisentraut Limited

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Quoted: 1088 Post(s)
Liked 1,205 Times in 701 Posts
Thanks for notifying us of this -- I had been meaning to join, and this put me over the hump.
Old 03-13-20, 09:37 AM
Wilfred Laurier
Señor Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 649 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 215 Posts
I got a magazine from their booth at interbike ~20 years ago and that greatly inspired me, although I have not otherwise used their services.