Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

Rate my Rack errrrrr ride

Search
Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

Rate my Rack errrrrr ride

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-08, 02:52 PM
diff_lock2
Senior_Member2

Bikes: Beater + Nishiki Bigfoot X-29

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by g-funk

Those kind of bars are ones that I find the most comfortable. I borrowed a set from a friend for a week or so, the best.
Old 04-09-08, 03:20 PM
piwonka
park ranger

Bikes: recumbents

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
don't put short suspension on it. put some dick shine racing springs on it. bilstein shocks.

i thoguth that one post on the first page was calling the bike an SUV...ha.
Old 04-09-08, 10:44 PM
g-funk

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by willypilgrim
hijack-
nice variant, anthracite blue or is the pictures color throwing me?

anthracite blue awm here. i'm gonna throw rs4 reps on it when i decide to actually spend money on the car again.
I think it's indigo. It's a good car. I like the RS4 wheels better than the s4 wheels I have but they were only 100.00 so I bought them.

I wasn't trying to bait anyone. I've just seen so many posts on c&v about people asking questions here and getting their doors (or should I say toe straps) blown off that I wanted to check it out, and maybe see what you thought of my $45 purchase. I get it. I can tell you one thing though; the legend of the loud mouth condecenders on this forum far exceeds the actual ability they possess or maybe just what they bestowed on me. I'll stick around. I'm still hoping to see a sick Cinelli, Capo, or Corky with a white aerospoke! I like C bikes
Old 04-09-08, 10:53 PM
bonechilling
Run What 'Ya Brung

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You're not clever dude. Sorry.
Old 04-09-08, 10:57 PM
LurkasauresRex

Bikes: Giant NRS1, CdaleR400, Surly S-Roller & Fuji Track

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
you're good at messageboreding g-funk! Stick around.
Old 04-09-08, 11:18 PM
sp00ki
partly metal, partly real

Bikes: Hummer H2

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm sorry man, you live if Philly though, shouldn't someone have shot you by now? Lets see a pic of your bike. oh let me guess a chinese made aluminum track bike with a too low stem and a too high seat covered with matching chinese crap components and some weinman deep v's with a spoke card with the virgin mary on it? Yeah man your bike kicks ass, just like the other thousand bikes identical to it.
Man, you've got me. You totally have me pegged... 8(

Cheap aluminum and made in china stickers everywhere.
I'm such a sucker... if only i'd built up mediocre bikes with garbage components, then i'd totally have a reason to start a dedicated bike thread!

I hope you prove me wrong and show me a picture of your Cinelli or something but some how I doubt it.
AHA!

But seriously, you started a pointless thread with pics of your junk builds. What did you really expect, support? Applause? There are lots of us with far more interesting bikes than yours who don't start threads about them because honestly: bikes are for riding. Pics are fun, but this thread does not need to exist. It's one thing if you have something unique you want to discuss, but come on...

And for the record, your bikes are garbage. And i don't dig ditches; i'm a system administrator.

Last edited by sp00ki; 04-10-08 at 08:47 AM.
Old 04-10-08, 03:52 AM
Zombie Carl
Are we not men?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
That Cinelli stem is uuuuuuuuuuuuugly.
Old 04-10-08, 05:35 AM
haywire
misanthrope

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
how old's your daughter? can we get some pictures of her?
Old 04-10-08, 06:03 AM
sp00ki

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Zombie Carl
That Cinelli stem is uuuuuuuuuuuuugly.
Probably. But of all this bike's components, it's the one that stands out as my best decision. If you do any actual riding whatsoever, especially climbing, i highly recommend a titanium stem. I've ridden both steel and aluminum stems; titanium is from now on how i connect my handlebars to my fork. Looks go right out the window once you feel how it responds to the torque of a climb or out of saddle sprint. Keep in mind, this is a bike-- not an accessory.

Last edited by sp00ki; 04-10-08 at 10:44 AM.
Old 04-10-08, 07:26 AM
bonechilling
Run What 'Ya Brung

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yeah, I put a TTT Ti stem on my Lemond and it's stiff-as-hell. Unfortunately, the old Sakae road bars I used flex like wet noodles.
Old 04-10-08, 11:43 AM
g-funk

That is a pretty nice bike but if that's all you have then you talk way too much *****. Is it a conversion? It doesn't look like it has track dropouts, which is probably a good thing when you figure out that you are a poseur you can go back to gears. Or maybe you can pawn it and get your stuff back, I hope you don't have to sleep in there, It looks like Carl Spackler's place on Caddyshack. What's with the BMX frame on the wall? Was that from last year when you were a hardcore dirtjumper or were you a jibber? "Garbage bikes" or daily riders or bar bombers or grocery getters are a respected part of most real cyclists' quiver. I didn't see in the rules where it was inappropriate to post a picture of a bike on a bike forum. If you don't like it cool, but I suspect that many people realized what this bike was built to do and can appreciate it for that. I know I can, just as I can appreciate your mediocre attempt at a trophy bike. Mod Edit here

Last edited by lotek; 04-10-08 at 01:58 PM. Reason: personal insults
Old 04-10-08, 11:55 AM
Nickle
...no COast...

Bikes: Canfield Balance, custom Dobermann, Echo ES2, Haro Group 1, Soul Cycles Loki, & Bridgestone road bike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
... you talk way too much *****.
Pot. Kettle. Black.
Old 04-10-08, 12:14 PM
sp00ki

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That is a pretty nice bike but if that's all you have then you talk way too much *****. Is it a conversion? It doesn't look like it has track dropouts, which is probably a good thing when you figure out that you are a poseur you can go back to gears. Or maybe you can pawn it and get your stuff back, I hope you don't have to sleep in there, It looks like Carl Spackler's place on Caddyshack. What's with the BMX frame on the wall? Was that from last year when you were a hardcore dirtjumper or were you a jibber? "Garbage bikes" or daily riders or bar bombers or grocery getters are a respected part of most real cyclists' quiver. I didn't see in the rules where it was inappropriate to post a picture of a bike on a bike forum. If you don't like it cool, but I suspect that many people realized what this bike was built to do and can appreciate it for that. I know I can, just as I can appreciate your mediocre attempt at a trophy bike. Mod edit here

it's a bob jackson vigorelli. no, it's not a conversion. yes, it's a track bike. yes, you've proven to us that you have no clue what you're talking about whatsoever. is that good enough for you?
i would've taken pictures of my carbon fiber time trial bike, or my grocery bike, or my rain bike, or etc. but i didn't realize this was some kind of sad contest. now that i know it is, i'm stepping away so as not to embarass myself along with you.
i'm not going to respond to your other "insults" (the one about sleeping in my workshop is especially clever), as you obviously have insecurity issues i don't particularly care to deal with.
Old 04-10-08, 12:19 PM
Peedtm
Tell them I hate them

Bikes: Specialized Allez Epic '91, IRO Mark V Pro, Schwinn Traveler

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wow G, still sucking. Can you not tell that's a garage? Are your floors concrete?

You should know Spooki made a dozen threads about building up a grocery bike, but he didn't post it to be admired.

You don't get it.
Old 04-10-08, 12:20 PM
666pack
tarck bike.com exile

Bikes: bfssfg iro--black.

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
666pack: The stakes are for killing Vampires, I hope that doesn't make you nervous
no. vampires are as lame as unicorns.
if you had said they were for growing tomatos... or better yet WEED, i woulda say "right on bro."
Old 04-10-08, 12:21 PM
g-funk

Originally Posted by sp00ki
it's a bob jackson vigorelli. no, it's not a conversion. yes, it's a track bike. yes, you've proven to us that you have no clue what you're talking about whatsoever. is that good enough for you?
i would've taken pictures of my carbon fiber time trial bike, or my grocery bike, or my rain bike, or etc. but i didn't realize this was some kind of sad contest. now that i know it is, i'm stepping away so as not to embarass myself along with you.
i'm not going to respond to your other "insults" (the one about sleeping in my workshop is especially clever), as you obviously have insecurity issues i don't particularly care to deal with.

Sweet. have a nice day.
Old 04-10-08, 01:25 PM
SinVoz
Luchador

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I got 20 bucks that says in a week G-funk deletes this user name, creates a new one, and tries to be everyones buddy.

I got another 10 that says he posts in this same thread

And finally 5 bucks that when he does post, in this thread, it's to compliment spooki on his bike
Old 04-10-08, 01:30 PM
Oh No
TARCK BIKE DOT COM

Bikes: your mother on wheeeeeelz

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That is a pretty nice bike but if that's all you have then you talk way too much *****. Is it a conversion? It doesn't look like it has track dropouts, which is probably a good thing when you figure out that you are a poseur you can go back to gears. Or maybe you can pawn it and get your stuff back, I hope you don't have to sleep in there, It looks like Carl Spackler's place on Caddyshack. What's with the BMX frame on the wall? Was that from last year when you were a hardcore dirtjumper or were you a jibber? "Garbage bikes" or daily riders or bar bombers or grocery getters are a respected part of most real cyclists' quiver. I didn't see in the rules where it was inappropriate to post a picture of a bike on a bike forum. If you don't like it cool, but I suspect that many people realized what this bike was built to do and can appreciate it for that. I know I can, just as I can appreciate your mediocre attempt at a trophy bike. Mod edit here.
your bikes are terrible, your a terrible person, your wife (i'm assuming) hates you and is sleeping around, and i bet you molest your kids. is that why you need to vent on sp00ki's bob jackson? we didnt **** up your life, the pills and drinking did. i feel bad for you man, i really do. anyone that decides to vent on bikeforums obviously has some pent up aggression and insecurity. hope you cheer up.

edit: philly is a lot better then wherever the **** annadel is.
Old 04-10-08, 01:32 PM
g-funk

Originally Posted by SinVoz
I got 20 bucks that says in a week G-funk deletes this user name, creates a new one, and tries to be everyones buddy.

I got another 10 that says he posts in this same thread

And finally 5 bucks that when he does post, in this thread, it's to compliment spooki on his bike
I'll take the bet and give you a break if you send me your money now $20.00 or in a week you can send me the $35.00
Old 04-10-08, 01:34 PM
SinVoz
Luchador

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
sounds good, p.m. me your address.
Old 04-10-08, 01:35 PM
Oh No
TARCK BIKE DOT COM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
its funny that he needs to cover up his problems with some bull**** audi and ****ty conversions.
Old 04-10-08, 02:00 PM
g-funk

Originally Posted by Oh No
your bikes are terrible, your a terrible person, your wife (i'm assuming) hates you and is sleeping around, and i bet you molest your kids. is that why you need to vent on sp00ki's bob jackson? we didnt **** up your life, the pills and drinking did. i feel bad for you man, i really do. anyone that decides to vent on bikeforums obviously has some pent up aggression and insecurity. hope you cheer up.

edit: philly is a lot better then wherever the **** annadel is.
Nice, did you think all that stuff up on your own or are you secretly in my head. Are you going to do another edit when you think of more "funny" stuff to say. I know the attention span is short, maybe you could consider writing, or, probably more fitting, drawing your ideas on a piece of paper and then post once you have your thoughts collected. as far as Philly vs. Annadel I think 99% of the world that knows where philly and where Annadel are would agree that the armpit of the east coast doesn't hold a candle to my hood.
Old 04-10-08, 02:01 PM
lotek 

Bikes: 1 trek, serotta, rih, de Reus, Pogliaghi and finally a Zieleman! and got a DeRosa

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Yes, I edited your posts.
As I'm feeling magnanimous we shall leave it at that.
Lets keep the personal insults down to a bare minimum.

Lotek

Want to upgrade your membership? Click Here.
Old 04-10-08, 02:03 PM
g-funk

Originally Posted by SinVoz
sounds good, p.m. me your address.
you can just paypal it to me. ilcampionedelmondo@sinvosis********.com
Old 04-10-08, 02:06 PM
Oh No
TARCK BIKE DOT COM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nice, did you think all that stuff up on your own or are you secretly in my head. Are you going to do another edit when you think of more "funny" stuff to say. I know the attention span is short, maybe you could consider writing, or, probably more fitting, drawing your ideas on a piece of paper and then post once you have your thoughts collected. as far as Philly vs. Annadel I think 99% of the world that knows where philly and where Annadel are would agree that the armpit of the east coast doesn't hold a candle to my hood.
like i said man, i just feel bad for you. i hope you find a more creative outlet for all this anger. also the armpit of the east coast is jersey but i guess you were close. good try, sport.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.