Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Campagnolo CHORUS (2015) shifter

Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Old 04-10-19, 02:42 PM
Error

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi all,i will try to explane my problem whit left Chorus shifter (on my poor english :-) ) and any suggestion is wellcome.

During ride i try to shift up (on big ring) front derailleur and something just snapped, it seems like mehanisam in shifter stayed somwere in "death zone".

By pressing shifter up or down cable didn't move any more.I have remove and disassemble shifter and it looks like small rotating plastic pie :-) (for winding of cable) have moved, skipped on axle cone, and it is possible that plastic that grips for axle is eaten .... I'm not sure where is start position and angle of that rotating disc, and "on hand" looks like it holds nice on axle, but by pulling cable creates much biger force on that part.

Any one have experience with that ? is it possibile to buy just that small plastic part (looks like Campagnolo dont sell parts like that any more) ? .... to make him from aluminium (is it too high risk to damage main rotating axle) ?

Tnx.

V.

Plastic pie :-)

Old 04-11-19, 08:36 AM
Steelman54 

Bikes: Allegro Model 77, Gitane Team Pro SLX, Waterford R2200

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 13 Posts
Depends on what version you have. I have never rebuilt, but the Lennard Zinn road bicycle maintenance book details them pretty well. Also probably some videos/discussion online. Good luck.
Old 04-11-19, 08:54 AM
DaveSSS

Bikes: TWO Colnago C-RS w/Chorus 12

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 457 Post(s)
Liked 174 Times in 139 Posts
Unforunately, Campy does not sell internal repair parts for ultra-shift levers. They only sell the whole body, EC-RE301.