Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Something you need to understand

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Something you need to understand

Old 09-04-19, 02:58 PM
ksryder

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1281 Post(s)
Liked 643 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by indyfabz
Just read that story during lunch. One shocking aspect is that the new and improved scooters one company has developed are supposed to last only 10 months on average. Talk about a disposable society.

In any event, as I note above, the Philly bike share program now has some e-bikes. But it's not a dockless system, so they don't get left all over the place.
There was a deep dive over on Cyclingtips a few months ago about one of the dockless bike share programs, I think in Melbourne. Turned out the bike share itself was never meant to be successful, it was just an easy way for a couple of venture capitalists to raise a lot of money in a hurry before the program collapsed but since they weren't even in Australia they couldn't be touched.

I now assume many of these programs, especially the dockless ones, are similar. Which is too bad because some of them are probably legit but they all get painted with the same brush.