Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage > Classic and Vintage Sales
Reload this Page >

ISO/WTT SLX Bottecchia ADR replica (red/white) mine for yours

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-20, 01:47 PM
cfernandez 

Bikes: Currently: '07 Lemond Buenos Aires, '01 Lemond Zurich, '85 Schwinn Peloton, '99 Schwinn Moab 1, '01 Schwinn Rocket 88 Stage 1, '87 Bottecchia Team SLX

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 14 Posts

I found a grail frame that I have lusted for years a few months ago, a 1987-ish 53cm red and white SLX Bottecchia. However, it is on the tall end of what I normally ride. Here is the story and pics:

https://www.bikeforums.net/21563063-post80.html

All of my other road bikes are a little more modern and normally I have clearance between my crotch and the toptube. With the Botttecchia I have no clearance, when mounting the BOT I find myself swinging my leg and sometimes hitting my saddle. Less seatpost is showing compared to the rest of my bikes. I have read in several places that older more vintage bikes that fit correctly did not show a lot of seatpost. Sizing was different then I guess?

Anyways, I am throwing this out there . . . does it seem to fit me correctly?

Does someone have a 50, 51 or possibly a 52cm Bottecchia SLX that they would like to to trade frames with?
Old 07-13-20, 02:30 AM
Chombi1 

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Quoted: 1639 Post(s)
Liked 829 Times in 538 Posts
I wish I could trade bikes with you, My 89 Bottecchia Chorus Professional is a 52cm, but it's SL, not SLX, so it's not what you are looking for. I really prefer a slightly bigger 54cm frame. Might you consider just selling your frame or are you strictly just looking for a trade? If you might decide to sell, I am interested.

Last edited by Chombi1; 07-13-20 at 02:35 AM.
Old 07-13-20, 09:41 PM
cfernandez 

Bikes: Currently: '07 Lemond Buenos Aires, '01 Lemond Zurich, '85 Schwinn Peloton, '99 Schwinn Moab 1, '01 Schwinn Rocket 88 Stage 1, '87 Bottecchia Team SLX

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 14 Posts
@Chombi1

Chombi

I remember seeing your Bottecchia in other posts. Very nice bike, but yes, I am looking for an SLX frame with similar color/chrome as mine. If I do find a frame of the size I am looking for and have to sell my current one to do it, you will be the first on my list to ask.

BTW, what skyline is that in your photo? Los Angeles?

Old 07-14-20, 09:00 PM
Chombi1 

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Quoted: 1639 Post(s)
Liked 829 Times in 538 Posts
Thanks for considering me if you ever decide to sell your frame. I'm just a real big fan of Bottecchias and my dream is to also get to own and ride an SLX Bott like your ADR Replica. I'm sure it will be a great rider, considering how My SL rides.
The Skyline is San Francisco, looking north from the section of the City called "South Hills". You can see the Bay Bridge and the tops of the Golden Gate Bridge towers on clear days from this street. I found this street in neighborhood where I can take pics of my bikes without any cars bothering me. It leads to a cul de sac with just a very few houses, so I never really encounter anyone in a car when I'm riding down the road or taking pics like the one of my Bott.
84 Peugeot PY10FC
84 Gitane Tour de France.
85 Vitus Plus Carbone 7
86 ALAN Record Carbonio
86 Medici Aerodynamic (Project)
88 Pinarello Montello
89 Bottecchia Professional Chorus SL
95 Trek 5500 OCLV (Project)
Old 07-14-20, 09:22 PM
droppedandlost 
small ring

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)