Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Best and Worst ebike companies customer service

Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Old 11-26-19, 02:35 AM
Prajn

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi Everyone,

I want to share with you my experience with Haibike and bikehit.de dealer. I would also be grateful if you would share your experience with other e-bike brands.

I bought Haibike Sduro 26.11.2019 at bikehit.de, and the batter is dead after around 15 charged cycles I started RMA around a month ago and send the battery. Since that, they didn't fix that or replace it. Bikehit also can't give me any update on RMA status. I'm waiting around the month and know nothing...

Is that a standard Habike customer support? I'm very disappointed.

Please share your experience with other ebike companies. I want to buy a second ebike (for sure not Haibike) I'm thinking about Specialized, Trek or Bulls. Can you please share your experiance, what company would you recommend?

Thanks a lot!
Old 11-27-19, 06:59 PM
rpclark

Bikes: Trek Nav 2.0; Citizen Tokyo

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It doesn’t sound like you’re shopping for the lowest price necessarily. I would go by the best dealer nearby, personally. I don’t think it’s risky to buy any reputable brand or dealer.
Old 12-01-19, 10:32 PM
albertrider

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Super 73 they suck with their customer service.
Old 12-02-19, 10:21 AM
northtexas

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Never had a bad customer service experience with my many Trek Hybrids over the years or my new Trek ebike.
Likes For northtexas:
Old 12-05-19, 09:30 PM
PreacherG

Bikes: GenZe 102 e bike, 70'S Moosburg 3 sp touring bike

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I just got a "nearly new" GenZe e bike. It had 116 miles and a little scratch for $599. I asked one e mail question before purchase on the weekend and had an answer early Monday. I sent another e mail question today and had an answer in 11 minutes. Both gave specific correct answers to the questions I asked. So far, I am quite impressed by GenZe.
Old 01-05-20, 06:29 PM
justinschulz9

Bikes: diamondback century 1, cannondale synapse, giant talon, fuji absolute

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
so seattle has a company called rad bikes, we use these bikes in our rental fleet out here on maui. now we havent had too many issues with Rad bikes but looking online these bikes are looked at as if they are the worst e bikes around. that isnt the case they are just cheaply made and need alot of attention. cost is around 1200 now. these bikes are good for putzing around a city but only up to around 25 miles.
customer service is really good for us sense we are a rental company but until there are bike shops available for ebikes these wouldnt be the best of commuters.
Likes For justinschulz9:
Old 01-10-20, 07:00 AM
edwong3

Bikes: 2023 Zizzo Liberte

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked 71 Times in 46 Posts
Radpower Bikes.

Thanks for posting this. I am considering later in the year to get a larger e-bike for grocery shopping and general transportation and have been looking at the Radcity Step-thru or the Radwagon (Don't know if I have the space for it though). So far, I have seen nothing but good reviews online and what stands out the most is their customer service which is excellent by most accounts. Now I have no personal experience with them but it is good to have the perspective from a customer who has purchased several bikes from that company.

Originally Posted by justinschulz9
so seattle has a company called rad bikes, we use these bikes in our rental fleet out here on maui. now we havent had too many issues with Rad bikes but looking online these bikes are looked at as if they are the worst e bikes around. that isnt the case they are just cheaply made and need alot of attention. cost is around 1200 now. these bikes are good for putzing around a city but only up to around 25 miles.
customer service is really good for us sense we are a rental company but until there are bike shops available for ebikes these wouldnt be the best of commuters.
Old 02-12-20, 07:52 PM
Frankenbike27

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
in life nothing is free, no free shipping, no free get a second onion slicer, it's all included in the price. as far as bikes go you can have the exact same bike mechanically by 2 different manufactures, one is $2000 cheaper, good deal! the extra 2 grand is basically insurance. you get great costumer service and free repairs! just don't have a pre-existing condition
Likes For Frankenbike27:
Old 02-21-20, 02:26 PM
erileykc

Bikes: Raleigh Tourist, Jamis Coda, Rad City e-bike & a bright orange Citizen Miami folder

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Another personal experience perspective from the other side of the continent from Seattle. I bought a RadCity bike from the Rad website in August 2018. The bike arrived with a defective fork and spokes that were only finger tight but Rad sent a new for fairly promptly after I sent them a video of the problem and I learned that the short, fat spokes on the rear motor wheel need to be extremely tight. It was on me of course to install the new fork. Fast forward 15 months and almost 1600 miles of riding ( it's not my regular ride ) and I discover that the top of the seat tube above the top tube welds has broken off. It turns out based on discussions in another thread here that the seat post was too small a diameter for the seat tube. I contacted Rad at their service email address and sent pics of the broken frame expecting at worst to have to pay for a replacement frame. Rad's response was to offer me $250 off of the price of a new bike. A bike that had already shown itself to have a fatal flaw. It turns out that Rad doesn't keep replacement frames. I declined their offer of spending another $1250 to resolve a failure that resulted in an end of life issue for a bike less than year and a half old.

I would be sure that if you buy a bike from Rad that you are prepared to go it alone if any issues you discover fall outside their window of support.

Originally Posted by edwong3
.... Now I have no personal experience with them but it is good to have the perspective from a customer who has purchased several bikes from that company.
Likes For erileykc:
Old 02-21-20, 03:28 PM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 872 Post(s)
Liked 795 Times in 603 Posts
Is there room to cut the top of the seat tube off, have it "re-notched" and put in a "spacer" Coors can or equivalent?
Old 02-23-20, 06:23 AM
alloo

Bikes: 2022 Priority Coast, 2022 Priority Current

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked 137 Times in 99 Posts
I've had great customer experience with Blix Bikes. My bike came with a warped rear disk, I called them took pictures of the part and they sent me a new disk about 4 days later. So far I've commuted twice with the bike. Great experience both times. I think the market for ebikes is diverging between Direct to Consumers (DTC) and Traditional bicycle stores and brands. DTC seems to lead with more volume and the way to go. Traditional brands are protecting their markets while DTC model brings innovations, features and value ebikes. My Raleigh Retroglide IE, I can't even get a spare battery holder for my ebike for a dealer. The bike is a few years old.
Old 02-25-20, 05:27 PM
J Palmer Cass

Bikes: ICE Adventure, TSDZ2

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Eco Cycles in Nashville is very good. An online mail order business, they are THE people when it comes to Tongsheng TSDZs. Excellent prices, lots of knowledge and back up and swift, efficient shipping.

eco-ebike.com
Old 02-25-20, 05:36 PM
Mad Honk 

Bikes: Paramount, Faggin, Ochsner, Ciocc, Basso

Mentioned: 114 Post(s)
Quoted: 1283 Post(s)
Liked 1,835 Times in 1,109 Posts
Anyone have an experience with Yamaha's E-bike. They look to be OK. MH
Old 02-25-20, 05:53 PM
fooferdoggie 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 679 Post(s)
Liked 945 Times in 552 Posts
one reason I chose a bosh powered bike is they back their older models and they have a 5 year warranty on their batteries. bulls had a good selection of bikes in different formats with both build in and external batteries. its been a great bike locally serviced with no problems. in 5 years I could buy a replacement battery no problem.