Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Specialized Creo SL versus Creo Evo

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-19, 06:27 PM
Sackaroo

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

I am thinking about purchasing an ebike. I have read that the new Specialized Creo is considered one of the best. Has anyone purchased one, and if so, is it as good as the reviews I have read? Also, I am trying to decide between the Creo SL or the Creo Evo. I will be using it mostly on the roads, but my main concern is geometry. I have a Specialized Diverge and was able to raise handle bar stem so that I can be a little more (only an inch or two) raised up. Many thanks!!!
Old 02-22-20, 02:47 AM
Watchdog

Bikes: Rocky Mountain Blizzard (stolen), Haro Roscoe (sold), Giant TCX Rabobank, Cervelo RS, Rocky Mountain Altitude

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I recently purchased a Creo and so far so good. It rides like a normal bike and it's way more efficient than other electric bikes I've ridden. Although the battery is small, the efficiency means it's got good range.
Old 02-23-20, 06:44 PM
Sackaroo

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Thank you for your feedback. Did you buy the Evo with the 38 wheels or the Road version?
Old 02-24-20, 10:16 PM
Mfiles

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I purchased a Creo Comp Carbon yesterday. I test rode it and also the Creo SL EVO with the 38 tires. They both felt very similar to me. The sales person told me that the geometry of both bikes is identical and that the main differences between the Creo SL and the Creo SL EVO are the rims, tires, dropper post and handlebar. I already have an eMTB so it was unlikely that I would use the EVO off road. So I got the Creo SL. I was concerned that the Creo bikes' head tube would be shorter and more racey than the more relaxed geometry "endurance" type road bike I currently ride, but it was very comfortable.
Old 02-29-20, 01:24 AM
Watchdog

Bikes: Rocky Mountain Blizzard (stolen), Haro Roscoe (sold), Giant TCX Rabobank, Cervelo RS, Rocky Mountain Altitude

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I purchased the road version because I didn't want the flared handlebars and dropper post. I will use the bike on road far more than on gravel. But even on off road rides I don't see a need for a dropper. I've really enjoyed the bike and I think it's great.