Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Lezyne Micro Floor Hack

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Lezyne Micro Floor Hack

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-18, 10:12 PM
2_i 

Bikes: Trek 730 (quad), 720 & 830, Bike Friday NWT, Brompton M36R & M6R, Dahon HAT060 & HT060, ...

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Liked 336 Times in 251 Posts
Lezyne Micro Floor Hack

Lezyne Micro Floor pumps are some of the best portable pumps around. Their weakness is their ABS Standard Flip Chuck where different functions are all piled up on top of each other. It is a hassle to screw the chuck on a vent and to unscrew it, fighting the twisting of the hose and trying not to release air accidentally. It is even more hassle to screw the chuck into the pump foot to assemble the pump for carrying. In their full size pumps Lezyne finally got around the awkwardness of the chuck by introducing the ABS-1 Pro Chuck where right angle separates and stabilizes functionalities. The latter chuck is pleasant in practical use. You can get a replacement ABS-1 chuck and mount it on a Micro Floor pump, but you at the cost of a dangling hose really inconvenient for carrying around.

However, no more! Tada! If you shorten the hose by just the right amount you can grab the replacement ABS-1 chuck with the foot peg, just right for carrying around

Old 08-16-18, 01:23 PM
dsbrantjr

Bikes: '93 Trek 750, '92 Schwinn Crisscross, '93 Mongoose Alta

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1438 Post(s)
Liked 1,092 Times in 723 Posts
I really like those Lezyne chucks, I did a similar retrofit to my old Air Hammer pump. Works like a champ.