Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Sirrus X vs Sirrus X

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Sirrus X vs Sirrus X

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-22, 01:33 PM
Bliip

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Sirrus X vs Sirrus X

Sirrus X vs SirrusX

So my wife likes my Sirrus X 3.0 for our recreational riding on all types of terrain when we are not road riding like hardpack and gravel through the woods. I have the 2021 with Shimano Deore 1x10 and I added a clutch derailleur though I'm not sure I needed it but I ride harder than her and was worried about chain drops. Now the 2022 has a 1x9 with Microshift and comes with clutch derailleur for a $100 more. Both are available in my area. Which do you think is better
Old 08-28-22, 10:04 AM
blinky

Bikes: 2003 Litespeed Tuscany with Ultegra R-8000 components

Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked 40 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Bliip
Sirrus X vs SirrusX

So my wife likes my Sirrus X 3.0 for our recreational riding on all types of terrain when we are not road riding like hardpack and gravel through the woods. I have the 2021 with Shimano Deore 1x10 and I added a clutch derailleur though I'm not sure I needed it but I ride harder than her and was worried about chain drops. Now the 2022 has a 1x9 with Microshift and comes with clutch derailleur for a $100 more. Both are available in my area. Which do you think is better
I'll be following this thread - we just sold my wife's Specialized Sirrus Sport ( maybe 15 years old ) - 8 cogs and 3 chain rings but very heavy ( as compared to road bike weights ) - from reading your post it sounds like the current Sirrus has enjoyed some upgrades and possibly a weight reduction - we are thinking of getting another bike as a replacement and options include another hybrid or having a road bike converted to a hybrid - updated components but also much lower overall weight would be on the wish list .

Last edited by blinky; 08-28-22 at 10:21 AM.
Old 08-28-22, 10:15 AM
base2 
I am potato.

Bikes: Only precision built, custom high performance elitist machines of the highest caliber. 🍆

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 1790 Post(s)
Liked 1,631 Times in 934 Posts
So your asking: "1x10 with no clutch vs 1x9 with clutch +$100?"

I should think it would come out as a wash. The clutch is for riding hard enough that chain retention &/or chain slap could be a concern. If you're not doing that, then why bother?

As both are 1x, buy whichever one has a narrow-wide chain ring & comes in a color you like.

Last edited by base2; 08-28-22 at 10:19 AM.
Old 08-28-22, 10:36 AM
Bliip

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by base2
So your asking: "1x10 with no clutch vs 1x9 with clutch +$100?"

I should think it would come out as a wash. The clutch is for riding hard enough that chain retention &/or chain slap could be a concern. If you're not doing that, then why bother?

As both are 1x, buy whichever one has a narrow-wide chain ring & comes in a color you like.
I read multiple reviews saying they're chain drops on the older non clutch models. I ride easy single track with mine so I changed the rear derailleur right away. She rides on uneven
gravel paths where they're might be some chain slap but not as much as what I would encounter.