Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Worst road bike

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Worst road bike

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-19, 03:22 PM
Kuromori

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Liked 83 Times in 64 Posts
Originally Posted by d_dutchison
Some bikes have stickers on them that boast of great racing victories, this had one bosting of it's factory meeting its production quota for the fifth consecutive year.
Considering how long it takes Shimano to get some things from official release date to shelves, that's something to be proud of.
Old 11-03-19, 04:11 PM
RaleighSport
Hogosha Sekai

Bikes: Leader 725, Centurion Turbo, Scwhinn Peloton, Schwinn Premis, GT Tequesta, Bridgestone CB-2,72' Centurion Lemans, 72 Raleigh Competition

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 15 Posts
753 Raleigh Team technium... never felt like a good ride.. mostly like it was dead and sluggish.. it hated me too and tried to kill me.
Likes For RaleighSport:
Old 11-03-19, 07:35 PM
Drillium Dude 
Banned.

Mentioned: 255 Post(s)
Quoted: 2588 Post(s)
Liked 4,824 Times in 1,709 Posts
Originally Posted by KonAaron Snake
I’m going to interpret this as worst high end bike...

The worst riding bike I’ve ever experienced is the Teledyne Titan. Flexy, crude...I didn’t find a single redeeming feature. I guess it’s interesting as an early ti frame, but there’s a reason a collector market never really developed around them. I bought one locally on the cheap and sold it a week later...as a ti lover, I was disappointed.
Can't recall which thread it was, but somebody here with a TT gave a detailed description of how they ride and what he did to make it bearable. Sounded like a lot of compromise to get a workable solution. The scariest bit was when he described the fork flex - no thanks! I've ridden a couple of bikes owned by others with flexible forks and it's the most off-putting feeling in the world.

I understand they had a tendency to crack at the seat tube binder bolt slot as well. As you note, historic for their place in bike lore history, but not so much for a rider - if it's wearing the original fork. Others claim updating it with a carbon fork transforms it.

I prefer lugs, so I was never bitten by the TI Bug

DD
Likes For Drillium Dude: