Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Park DS-2 vs. Feedback Sports Summit Scale (Digital Table component scale shootout)

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Park DS-2 vs. Feedback Sports Summit Scale (Digital Table component scale shootout)

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-15, 12:05 AM
mtnbke

Bikes: '92 22" Cannondale M2000, '92 Cannondale R1000 Tandem, another modern Canndondale tandem, Two Holy Grail '86 Cannondale ST800s 27" (68.5cm) Touring bike w/Superbe Pro components and Phil Wood hubs. A bunch of other 27" ST frames & bikes.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Okay I'm interested in the thoughts/opinions and experiences of those that have used/owned/have BOTH the Park DS-2 Digital component scale and the Feedback Sports Summit digital component scale.

If you have only owned one or the other, or only used one or the other, please do NOT that internet thing posting to validate your choice with cliche nonsense as to why your scale is better, or was the right choice. You have incomplete information and no frame of reference, or context, to compare. Anything you share would be conjecture or hearsay.

However, if you HAVE actually used BOTH, owned BOTH or whatever, I'd love to hear your opinions/thoughts/experiences.

Last edited by mtnbke; 08-27-15 at 12:29 AM.
Old 08-27-15, 12:32 AM
Zef

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Its a freakin scale for gadsake...pull your acorns out of your nightstand draw and strap them back into place, then man-up and make a decision like a grownup regarding which one you will purchase.

-j
Old 08-27-15, 12:37 AM
mtnbke

Bikes: '92 22" Cannondale M2000, '92 Cannondale R1000 Tandem, another modern Canndondale tandem, Two Holy Grail '86 Cannondale ST800s 27" (68.5cm) Touring bike w/Superbe Pro components and Phil Wood hubs. A bunch of other 27" ST frames & bikes.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Greenfieldja
Its a freakin scale for gadsake...pull your acorns out of your nightstand draw and strap them back into place, then man-up and make a decision like a grownup regarding which one you will purchase.

-j
and you're a troll.

Thinking about which to carry to sell, not to use for my own scale. I have a cheapo Harbor Freight I got for $10. We can't sell those however.
Old 08-27-15, 12:58 AM
Zef

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I may be a troll but your just a fool...how many home mechanics do you realistically think would have 2 "bike tool" manufacturer made digital scales? And your attempt to get folks without experience with both to not post was not just snottily written it was just foolish in and of itself. Whether buying for your self or to market and sell the comment still stands...man-up and make a decision.

-j
Old 08-27-15, 01:09 AM
mtnbke

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Greenfieldja
I may be a troll but your just a fool...how many home mechanics do you realistically think would have 2 "bike tool" manufacturer made digital scales? And your attempt to get folks without experience with both to not post was not just snottily written it was just foolish in and of itself. Whether buying for your self or to market and sell the comment still stands...man-up and make a decision.

-j
You are a troll, aren't you?

The world is full of idiots that post their opinions and experience about things they purchase having NO FRAME OF REFERENCE with which to compare. It is an exercise in vanity and validation.

Bike Forums is filled with shop owners and mechanics who may have a Park DS-2 scale at home and a Feedback Sports Summit scale at work, or vice-versa. The point here is to solicit intelligent and context bound feedback. Apparently the qualifications above didn't work, because the result was to encourage you to post where you've had nothing whatsoever to contribute and apparently are challenged by any proper sense of grammar as well. A minimally educated person would have posted "you're" whereas you posted "your." Which is a little bit revealing, and a little bit funny considering your abusive and trollish tone.

Also to answer your question, I'm sure many home mechanics have many duplicate tool, I certainly do. Over the years I've picked up lots of what the average person would consider duplicate tools. Pedro's and Lifu Cone wrenches in the same sizes. I've got a Pedros and a Park cassette removal tool for the same pattern. I've got a Pedros Cog Wrench and a Pedro's Vise Whip, which serve the same function. I use them all, just on different applications. You'd be surprised what people have in their home shop. I've seen home shops that were better equipped than bike storefront shops. People have different tools in their mountain bike storage area than in their road bike area, if their collection is sufficiently sized. Whether you can or cannot imagine that has nothing to do with the conversation at hand.

Last edited by mtnbke; 08-27-15 at 01:20 AM.
Old 08-27-15, 01:51 AM
LesterOfPuppets
cowboy, steel horse, etc

Bikes: everywhere

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12789 Post(s)
Liked 7,698 Times in 4,087 Posts
My desk scale of choice:

Old 08-27-15, 02:34 AM
Zef

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mtnbke
The world is full of idiots that post their opinions and experience about things they purchase having NO FRAME OF REFERENCE with which to compare. It is an exercise in vanity and validation.
Yes and you are one of them thinking that you will get ONLY the information you are looking for when posting your query in a public forum on the internet.

Apparently the qualifications above didn't work, because the result was to encourage you to post where you've had nothing whatsoever to contribute
You thinking that you could create a situation where you would get "qualified" responses based on the criteria you stipulated is what makes you so foolish.

I'm sure many home mechanics have many duplicate tool
While you are correct that many home mechanics may have many duplicate tools, I would wage that not many have more than one bike tool manufacturer branded scale in their home workshop. Your info request is a total shot in the dark, and there is nothing wrong with that...except that the likely hood of getting any response that meets your requisite qualifications to respond will be most likely nil. So instead of just asking an educated question about the two products and reviewing any info received from this public, but special interest, forum...you decided to be a chuckstick upfront regarding how you were going to go about this.

Oh, and people in glass houses should not throw stones...

A minimally educated person would have posted "you're" whereas you posted "your." Which is a little bit revealing, and a little bit funny considering your abusive and trollish tone.
...because a minimally educated person would have posted "tools" instead of "tool". A minimally educated person would know to use the plural when directly discussing multiples of something as you were in the following sentence:

Also to answer your question, I'm sure many home mechanics have many duplicate tool, I certainly do.
Your Grammar Nazi attack and your "qualifications" list for who should respond to your OP is more revealing about you than a sympal grammatical error made by me or any other person responding...it all makes you look like a big "tool".

Buck up chuck...you still need to make a decision.

-j

Last edited by Zef; 08-27-15 at 02:37 AM.
Old 08-27-15, 06:48 PM
CbadRider

Bikes: Specialized Allez, Specialized Sirrus

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
This one went downhill fast.

Closed.

Forum Guidelines *click here*