Go Back  Bike Forums > The Racer's Forum > Masters Racing (All Disciplines)
Reload this Page >

Masters Misc Race Report Thread

Search
Notices
Masters Racing (All Disciplines) Race on the track or road or on your mountainbike in the Masters Category? Want to talk tactics, strategy and training with your peers?

Masters Misc Race Report Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-13, 08:10 PM
Allegheny Jet

Bikes: confidential infromation that I don't even share with my wife

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by AzTallRider
Does this kit make my butt look big?

Sorry cant help you there. I don't know what cute males look like and don't have a clue in grading guys' butts.

Last edited by Allegheny Jet; 08-18-13 at 08:13 PM.
Old 08-19-13, 07:36 AM
carpediemracing 

Bikes: Tsunami road bikes, Dolan DF4 track

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked 180 Times in 102 Posts
Originally Posted by shovelhd
...I told CDR's teammate that if I had anything left that I'd work with them. I hung in for all of the early attacks. At some point a group got off the front while I was recovering. They started to gain time, so I laid down a hard effort to bridge with one guy on my wheel. I made it 3/4 of the way and pulled off. Then the guy attacks me like it's a prime sprint to try and finish the bridge my himself. He didn't make it. If he just would have worked with me we both would have. Some people just don't get it. So with 2 to go I see CDR hanging in there around mid pack and looking good. Now its time for some fun. So I take this lap to move us closer to the front. I use the wind as my helper. CDR gets it. He's with me the whole time. It's amazing how so many racers don't understand the basics. Anyway with 1 to go I get to the top 5 sitting on the sheltered side. About 500m out I hit the gas and string it all out. Coming into the sprint CDR comes around me with determination on his face and takes the field sprint for 12th. Absolutely worth it. The guy gives so much to the sport, it's great to be able to give something back.
It was a fun race and reviewing the clip it has a lot of interesting stuff, especially some of the subtle moves in the last two laps. The guy that demolished his wheel was just behind me and between me and my teammate Todd - on review the field collectively swerved right and he got stuck.

My report from the 33:
M35 version of that race:

I showed up having lasted 9 minutes in the race last Saturday and then being sick for most of the week (and taking care of Junior and my dad for 3.5 days). I came to the race expecting to last 10 minutes (it's flatter than Saturday's course), and then the boys convinced me to do the M35+ instead of the M45+ race (which should have been much easier).

A moderate field, 45-50 started, with our team Expo strongly represented. We had two very good potential winners (Dave and Todd), one wild card (Stan), and me and Chris doing domestique duties. Chris and I patrolled the front while D, T, and S attacked. Eventually all three of them made the winning break, leaving Chris and I to cover moves (Chris more than me as I was getting a bit cooked).

Dave won the race so that worked out.

Our own Shovel, doing his second race of the day, found me at 2 to go, I got on his wheel, and he made his way to the front, let me fight a bit for position when the swarm went on the wrong side just before the bell, found me again, and then drilled it going into the final corner. Guys were fighting for his wheel, guys were fighting for my wheel, those last two laps were great, so much fun, lots of close quarter racing, lots of very subtle moves to hang onto Shovel's wheel (hanging onto a wheel is infinitely more difficult than taking one). I ended up jumping first and it seemed like not too many other guys sprinted.

The bonus is that I saw a "2nd fastest time on the Ninigret Finish Sprint" segment in Strava, 14 seconds. I looked to see what my fastest time was - 12 seconds. 4th on the leaderboard (well there's a bunch of 12 seconds but only three 11 second times). The 12 seconds was from last year's M40+ race at Ninigret where I sprinted across a gap and through some guys. I didn't think I did a great sprint that day but it was 41.7 mph on Strava.

Today's was pretty pitiful, no 40 mph or anything, I was overgeared when I jumped and yet I insisted on shifting up. Since I was pretty clear I eased and started soft pedaling before the line. I haven't finished too many races this year and I haven't done a single real sprint in a race this year. I made so many mistakes it was terrible. Ultimately I had a great time working with my teammates and then fighting out the honor sprint in the field with Shovel.
Old 08-19-13, 11:13 AM
sarals 
Idiot Emeritus

Bikes: Yes.

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 4 Posts

Ummm...I'm qualified to comment, but I don't know Tall Wife and I want to be on her good side.

Think Fabian Cancellara and that great video of him winning the TT in Switzerland a few years back...
Old 08-19-13, 11:17 AM
sarals 
Idiot Emeritus

CDR, THAT was inspiring! I could feel your energy, you had a great ride! Wouldn't I love to try to hang on to Shovel's wheel (never happen)! Giant hug, my friend!
Old 08-19-13, 06:49 PM
carpediemracing 

Originally Posted by sarals
CDR, THAT was inspiring! I could feel your energy, you had a great ride! Wouldn't I love to try to hang on to Shovel's wheel (never happen)! Giant hug, my friend!
I'm about to start importing the clip into iMovie. It ought to be a good one
Old 08-20-13, 01:23 PM
Cleave
Old & Getting Older Racer

Bikes: Bicycle Transportation: 2022 Hyundai Kona Electric, 2019 Kia Niro Plug-In Hybrid

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by VanceMac
Some days I think there is no hope for track racing. Everyone complains that there aren't enough racing/upgrade opportunities. A few of us from LA headed down to SD yesterday for the last of their Saturday Night Upgrade Omnium series. Total combined racers in cats 1-3: four. Argh. Even the two cat 4/5 omniums had to be condensed to one. It's been a fun "Year of Track" (over 30 race days so far), but next year will be back to more diversity for sure.
I don't know why track racing doesn't have more participation (excepting me, of course) and more spectator draw. I know there are a few fixie guys and gals who made the seemingly obvious transition from fixie road riding to track racing, but in general, it seems like most of the fixie crowd ignores the sport. However, every winter I think there's potential for this segment of the sport to grow when you get over 50 people on the track for Roger's Session.

VanceMac, you did a great job of walking the talk this year. Hope that some of your teammates and friends start following your example.

New England Criterium Championships M55+, 6th place. Mid seventies, cloudy and humid with a slight onshore breeze, tailwind sprint. Tough day at the office. I spoke to a local team who usually beats up on me beforehand to let them know I'd work with them to counter my nemesis. So from the get-go, we attacked, and attacked, and attacked some more. We were chased down every time and then we would counter again. The problem was that the only time I got clear I was with guys who could not help. They could hold my wheel but they'd be gassed. A lot of effort for nothing, while nemesis covers me and every strong guy I am working with. So it comes down to the inevitable field sprint. With 2 to go one of the guys I'm working with chops me hard in turn one and I lose a bunch of places avoiding a wreck. I spend some energy moving up on the sheltered side (why they didn't gutter the field is beyond me) and I'm in 6th or so going into the final lap. The sprint goes but I just didn't have enough left to do anything more than hold. Right as we were crossing the line, the guy who got 2nd and the guy who chopped me that got 4th somehow ran into each other and went down hard. Two riders, two ambulances. The last two laps were really sketchy.

I decided ahead of time not to do the M45+ back to back and take an hour break and do the M35+. I can't beat these guys in a sprint so I planned on sitting in for a bit, maybe go for a prime, and see if I could get away. Basically, after all that negative racing in the M55+, just go out and have some fun. I told CDR's teammate that if I had anything left that I'd work with them. I hung in for all of the early attacks. At some point a group got off the front while I was recovering. They started to gain time, so I laid down a hard effort to bridge with one guy on my wheel. I made it 3/4 of the way and pulled off. Then the guy attacks me like it's a prime sprint to try and finish the bridge my himself. He didn't make it. If he just would have worked with me we both would have. Some people just don't get it. So with 2 to go I see CDR hanging in there around mid pack and looking good. Now its time for some fun. So I take this lap to move us closer to the front. I use the wind as my helper. CDR gets it. He's with me the whole time. It's amazing how so many racers don't understand the basics. Anyway with 1 to go I get to the top 5 sitting on the sheltered side. About 500m out I hit the gas and string it all out. Coming into the sprint CDR comes around me with determination on his face and takes the field sprint for 12th. Absolutely worth it. The guy gives so much to the sport, it's great to be able to give something back.
Yeah, championship races bring out the worst in some people. Again, my motto, "I have to go to work on Monday."

I heard there was another late race crash in the 55+/60+ crit this past weekend (the race I skipped) and I heard that once again, it was caused by a Cat 5 Master. I don't want to sound elitist but race promoters need to make the 55+/60+ races open to Cat 1-4 only. If you're a male racer and you're just starting out, Cat 5 races are "designed" for you. Jumping into a race with Cat 1-4 -- which is really mostly Cat 1-3 -- racers leads to tears too often.

That's our shovelhd, always building up the good Karma.

No comment on your butt -- EVER!

What are those wheels? 650C or 24"?

Originally Posted by Racer Ex
We had obtuseness galore today. Car on the course (it's closed). Second race a bunch of the Cat 4's decided to pick their noses on the cool off lap, I was OTF and trying to avoid them when a truly careless person decided to ride from behind the announcer's booth across my path. 3 seconds difference and it would have been ugly.

I did not have a result, but we locked up Big M's 50+ series championship and tried to move our other guy up in the series points. He ended up 4th in both the 50 and the 45 points, but we gave it a try.

First race we wanted a break and got it. Second race I ended up with a 300w NP, OTF a bunch and it just seemed easy. I could breathe. Got a prime and did some good work, including killing the field for a lap. I'm happy with that.
Haven't ever seen a car on that course. It amazes me how brain dead racers can be before, during, and after their races. Have you heard my rant about people riding or warming up on a course DURING a race?

Saw the podium photo. He looked good.

300w NP? I am definitely in the wrong sport.

Originally Posted by carpediemracing
It was a fun race and reviewing the clip it has a lot of interesting stuff, especially some of the subtle moves in the last two laps. The guy that demolished his wheel was just behind me and between me and my teammate Todd - on review the field collectively swerved right and he got stuck.

My report from the 33:
M35 version of that race:

I showed up having lasted 9 minutes in the race last Saturday and then being sick for most of the week (and taking care of Junior and my dad for 3.5 days). I came to the race expecting to last 10 minutes (it's flatter than Saturday's course), and then the boys convinced me to do the M35+ instead of the M45+ race (which should have been much easier).

A moderate field, 45-50 started, with our team Expo strongly represented. We had two very good potential winners (Dave and Todd), one wild card (Stan), and me and Chris doing domestique duties. Chris and I patrolled the front while D, T, and S attacked. Eventually all three of them made the winning break, leaving Chris and I to cover moves (Chris more than me as I was getting a bit cooked).

Dave won the race so that worked out.

Our own Shovel, doing his second race of the day, found me at 2 to go, I got on his wheel, and he made his way to the front, let me fight a bit for position when the swarm went on the wrong side just before the bell, found me again, and then drilled it going into the final corner. Guys were fighting for his wheel, guys were fighting for my wheel, those last two laps were great, so much fun, lots of close quarter racing, lots of very subtle moves to hang onto Shovel's wheel (hanging onto a wheel is infinitely more difficult than taking one). I ended up jumping first and it seemed like not too many other guys sprinted.

The bonus is that I saw a "2nd fastest time on the Ninigret Finish Sprint" segment in Strava, 14 seconds. I looked to see what my fastest time was - 12 seconds. 4th on the leaderboard (well there's a bunch of 12 seconds but only three 11 second times). The 12 seconds was from last year's M40+ race at Ninigret where I sprinted across a gap and through some guys. I didn't think I did a great sprint that day but it was 41.7 mph on Strava.

Today's was pretty pitiful, no 40 mph or anything, I was overgeared when I jumped and yet I insisted on shifting up. Since I was pretty clear I eased and started soft pedaling before the line. I haven't finished too many races this year and I haven't done a single real sprint in a race this year. I made so many mistakes it was terrible. Ultimately I had a great time working with my teammates and then fighting out the honor sprint in the field with Shovel.
Looking forward to the video.

41.7 MPH?!?!?! I think revchuck said something about downhill. For me, downhill with a tailwind. A week ago during the Mt Whitney Stage Race I got dropped on a downhill when I hesitated as we were catching a car on the road and lost the draft. I was in a standard tuck and every time I glanced at the computer it read 32 MPH. When I caught the guys on the climb one of them told me he was hitting 48 MPH. Even if he was stretching the truth a bit, 40+ MPH compared to 32 MPH?
Visit my blog at https://cleavesblant.wordpress.com/
Lightning Velo Cycling Club: https://www.lightningvelo.org/
Learn about our Green Dream Home at https://www.lawville.org/
Old 08-20-13, 02:12 PM
revchuck 
OMC

Bikes: Specialized Allez Sprint, Look 585, Specialized Allez Comp Race

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Quoted: 461 Post(s)
Liked 116 Times in 49 Posts
I heard there was another late race crash in the 55+/60+ crit this past weekend (the race I skipped) and I heard that once again, it was caused by a Cat 5 Master. I don't want to sound elitist but race promoters need to make the 55+/60+ races open to Cat 1-4 only. If you're a male racer and you're just starting out, Cat 5 races are "designed" for you. Jumping into a race with Cat 1-4 -- which is really mostly Cat 1-3 -- racers leads to tears too often.
FWIW, it was due to input from y'all that I've been racing with the kids. The first race I did was in a M55+ Open field, and I was a lot more comfortable there, but I kept thinking about being the knucklehead who took out a guy who's been racing for 40 years due to a dumb mistake on my part. The kids bounce better, anyway.

Demain, on roule!
Old 08-20-13, 02:28 PM
caloso

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Canyon Exceed, Specialized Transition, Ellsworth Roots, Ridley Excalibur

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 2952 Post(s)
Liked 3,106 Times in 1,417 Posts
My first race ever was in a M35 open field. I figured it would be easier than the E5 race. At the start I noticed that some of the riders had stars and stripes cuffs and collars. Oh crap, are those rainbow stripes?

I finished, did not get pulled, and did not crash myself or anybody else. But afterwards I had to go home and lie down for a week.
Old 08-20-13, 03:41 PM
VanceMac

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cleave
I don't know why track racing doesn't have more participation (excepting me, of course) and more spectator draw. I know there are a few fixie guys and gals who made the seemingly obvious transition from fixie road riding to track racing, but in general, it seems like most of the fixie crowd ignores the sport. However, every winter I think there's potential for this segment of the sport to grow when you get over 50 people on the track for Roger's Session.

VanceMac, you did a great job of walking the talk this year. Hope that some of your teammates and friends start following your example.
Thanks, Cleaveran. I mean, I get it... easy for me to be all fired up about it since it's only been a couple years. I can easily envision some point in the very near future where I'm all fired up about MTB racing and all the new trackies are ticked at me for not supporting track racing.
Old 08-20-13, 06:58 PM
carpediemracing 

Originally Posted by Cleave
Looking forward to the video.

41.7 MPH?!?!?! I think revchuck said something about downhill. For me, downhill with a tailwind. A week ago during the Mt Whitney Stage Race I got dropped on a downhill when I hesitated as we were catching a car on the road and lost the draft. I was in a standard tuck and every time I glanced at the computer it read 32 MPH. When I caught the guys on the climb one of them told me he was hitting 48 MPH. Even if he was stretching the truth a bit, 40+ MPH compared to 32 MPH?
I should point out that the 12 second sprint was in 2012 and in fact it's in a clip. I just didn't know that I did that until I was looking at the Strava stuff from the race last Sunday. Last year's clip is below, this year's clip is under construction as we speak (and the sprint was under 40 mph).

The 'good' sprint video (and honestly it doesn't look or feel very fast):
Old 08-20-13, 09:11 PM
Colonelmom

Bikes: Giant, Jamis fixie, Orbea Orca; Ceverlo P2SL TT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tuesday night training race.... you would think "guys" would have figured out how to go three wide into a turn... since we've only been doing this since MAY... but apparently as guys get stronger.. they are in the field.. not OFB, SO.... anyway.. a guy goes through a turn like he's got the whole course.. I shouted at him... and easy off so he doesn't take my front wheel out... but now I'm OTB.. and chasing.. and just about the time I think I'm getting back on.. I get stung by a bee... at least I think it was be.. not a wasp.. but what ever stung me.. got me on the sternum... right at the heart rate monitor strap.... I rolled into the officials.. hollared at my GF who was officiating... to help.... needless to say.. if I had been in New Orleans for Mardi Gras.. some beads would have been thrown... and yes I know... no pics or it didn't happen.. well thankfully there aren't any pictures.. :-)
Old 08-21-13, 03:31 AM
shovelhd

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That's yours truly in the blue and white kit in CDRs video. My nemesis is the little guy on the blue and white bike with bar ends and the white wheel cover.

Last edited by shovelhd; 08-21-13 at 03:35 AM.
Old 08-21-13, 07:57 AM
Cleave
Old & Getting Older Racer

Bikes: Bicycle Transportation: 2022 Hyundai Kona Electric, 2019 Kia Niro Plug-In Hybrid

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Colonelmom, bad luck there. Glad you aren't allergic.

Had my best Tuesday night race of the year. The second half of the summer, two teams have made up more than half of the field. It almost looks like a club ride for one of the teams. I had three teammates but our sprinter is always at the back and another teammate struggles to stay in. First lap and one racer form each of the big teams took off. I went after them and caught them but a few hundred meters later, the pack came charging up led by both of the big teams. I guess they didn't like who was off the front.

I spent most of my time watching the front and covered a move or two but I decided to wait for the second prime to attack. Bell for the second prime and I was in a good position. I also started telling some of my "friends" that I'm going to go after the prime. After the sprint there was a small gap to those who contested it but all of them were sitting up. I surfed a couple of people up to the front and on the freeway side of the course I said, "Let's go," to a couple of people. I attacked and I knew that I had one friend on my wheel. I pulled off halfway down the long "back" straight and saw that there was 5 or 6 of us off the front but I didn't look back to see the gap.

I rotated to the front when we were on the short rise and I got a bit confused because it looked like we got caught. It turned out it was another group of 5 or so who bridged up. We were on the front straight and some of the guys at the front of the line started sitting up. I yelled, "We still have a gap!"

We did have a gap but I wasn't sure how big. Also these guys were rotating badly -- either too slow or too fast. My next bit of "coaching" was, "We need to rotate smoothly like you see on TV!"

That actually worked for a couple of laps and I guess we extended our lead.

As we finished our 2nd lap off the front, we got the 2-to-go board (paper). I wasn't sure if we were going fast enough and some guys weren't pulling through but enough were. Bell lap and I had a chance to look back and I couldn't see the pack. I kept rotating with everyone but on the back straight my right calf started tightening up. Two guys jumped heading up the rise and I watched because I didn't want my leg to lock up. Others started chasing I just started winding up the speed as best I could. I passed and couple of people and started counting how many were ahead. I counted 8 and there were points through 10th. It turns out that there were 11 in the break at the end.

I was happy.

I really haven't been able to get anything going all year at this race for one reason or another. The only other time that I launched the winning break on a Tuesday race I cramped and fell out of the break.

At least I wasn't a total slug this year and I won't be completely anonymous in the final standings. Of course, being in a break that lapped the field during the Pasadena/California Senior Games on this same course with Racer Ex and AzTR was the high point of my year but this was pretty satisfying too.

BTW, Big M was racing in the Cat 1/2/3 race. I didn't see him until after everything was over and I had to get rolling before it got dark so all I did was to say hi.
Visit my blog at https://cleavesblant.wordpress.com/
Lightning Velo Cycling Club: https://www.lightningvelo.org/
Learn about our Green Dream Home at https://www.lawville.org/

Last edited by Cleave; 08-21-13 at 09:48 AM.
Old 08-21-13, 08:00 AM
sarals 
Idiot Emeritus

That's yours truly in the blue and white kit in CDRs video. My nemesis is the little guy on the blue and white bike with bar ends and the white wheel cover.
Watching!

Colonelmom, I was stung by a bee (or a something) in few weeks ago. It hit me on the left shoulder and dropped down between my legs...yes, it did - at the top of my right thigh. My shorts stayed UP, though! I've been stung between the ha-ha's more than once - bugs like to drop down in there. No fun...NO fun!
Old 08-21-13, 11:59 AM
sarals 
Idiot Emeritus

CDR, that was a great video! It reminded me a lot of the Master's field I raced in a few weeks ago. Excellent bike handlers, wind, shelter, surfing - it was all there! I couldn't help but notice what s smooth, fluid rider Shovel is. His position on the bike is really good, too. I'm looking forward to this years video!
Old 08-21-13, 02:31 PM
sarals 
Idiot Emeritus

Cleave - this is about how you described it!

Old 08-21-13, 05:38 PM
shovelhd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
CDR, that was a great video! It reminded me a lot of the Master's field I raced in a few weeks ago. Excellent bike handlers, wind, shelter, surfing - it was all there! I couldn't help but notice what s smooth, fluid rider Shovel is. His position on the bike is really good, too. I'm looking forward to this years video!
Thanks, Sara. Your comments mean a lot.
Old 08-21-13, 09:13 PM
AzTallRider
I need speed

Bikes: Giant Propel, Cervelo P2

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Cleave - this is about how you described it!

There goes my butt again.
Old 08-21-13, 09:14 PM
sarals 
Idiot Emeritus

AzT - it ain't big!
Old 08-21-13, 09:15 PM
sarals 
Idiot Emeritus

Shovel - you are most welcome!!
Old 08-21-13, 09:32 PM
AzTallRider
I need speed

Bikes: Giant Propel, Cervelo P2

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Aki, that is one of your most instructive videos.
Old 08-22-13, 11:36 AM
VanceMac

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Pretty nice turnout for the penultimate Encino Wed Night Series, both racers and spectators. Typical omnium, though the A's were stacked... rising star Tim McGee, newly minted National Champion David Brinton ("why are you slumming it here?" "Gotta stay sharp for Worlds."), Philippine National champ Wilson Blas.

Pace was high, and combined with my lack of training, the opener (40 lap points) really hurt. I barely finished (only half the field was on lead lap), and I'm paying for it -- still hacking up lung butter this morning! Punted on the Win-n-Out, and was feeling really depressed about my condition. But finished with a decent effort in the 30-lap scratch for 3rd. Cleave I did notice one of your teammates in the Cs. Didn't get his name, though.

Short-lived 3-man break in scratch:
Old 08-22-13, 11:58 AM
Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Quoted: 1340 Post(s)
Liked 2,482 Times in 1,457 Posts
God you look good on that great frame.

Last edited by Hermes; 08-22-13 at 01:34 PM.
Old 08-23-13, 08:03 AM
sarals 
Idiot Emeritus

Originally Posted by Hermes
God you look good on that great frame.
I'll say!
Old 08-24-13, 07:35 PM
shovelhd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Chris Thater M55+, 60's, headwind up the hill, small field, 4th. As much as I wanted to win this thing, I knew that my legs were not going to be on form no matter what. That's just the way it works. The plan was to ride a few laps near the front and then make a couple of test attacks. However, guys were attacking and sitting up after getting caught. Counters, same thing. So I waited and watched. About 7 laps in a good strong attack followed by a counter got me to counter again and hold it. This broke the field in half. Another set of attacks got it down to five. I hesitate to call it a break because nobody worked together at all. I got three of us away for half a lap but then when I pulled off they sat up and we were caught. I went with the race winner but he wouldn't work with me either. So on the last lap I'm marking the race winner (got that part right) but the speeds were way too slow, like 25mph. Too slow for me. I thought about attacking before turn four but didn't. Coming out of the final turn I hit the gas but the legs just wouldn't jump. I could not hold the race winner's wheel. No gas.

After a 90 minute break I did the M45+ race which was stacked with Cat1's. The pace was consistently much faster but I was hanging in just fine. A break of three got away fairly early. Then one bridged, then another. I tried a bridge attempt with a Cat1 but we were caught. He went alone a second time and made it to another solo bridger. With 6 to go the pace eased and I took a flyer. I stayed out for a lap but the legs were just not there. I made my way back to the front of the field with 2 to go. On the last lap as I crested the hill in good position my rear derailleur would not shift up, stuck in the 53/19. I spun it at 140rpm to the finish but I was at the very back.

Nice to see you Andrew.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.