Search
Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Cyrano R1 Stem for Gravel

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-21, 06:41 AM
Vaughan51

Bikes: Mountain Goat Escape Goat, Rocky Mountain Edge, Salsa Fargo Kona Libre

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Cyrano R1 Stem for Gravel

I am thinking of trying out a Cyrano R1 stem on my gravel bike (Salsa Fargo) - thinking of going to / trying the 20deg angle.

Does anyone happen to know if the steerer tube dimension is 1 1/8" (clamp size is fine) - not having an actual road bike don't know if they are different diameters.

Would be interested in general impressions / reviews as well.

Thanks
Old 04-10-21, 12:10 PM
Badger6
Obsessed with Eddington

Bikes: '16 Spesh Diverge, '14 Spesh Fatboy, '18 Spesh Epic, '18 Spesh SL6, '21 Spesh SL7, '21 Spesh Diverge...and maybe n+1?

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Liked 621 Times in 368 Posts
The steerer tube clamp on that stem appears to be 1 1/8", which is pretty much every modern treadless steerer tube.
Old 04-10-21, 12:14 PM
Vaughan51

Bikes: Mountain Goat Escape Goat, Rocky Mountain Edge, Salsa Fargo Kona Libre

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Badger6
The steerer tube clamp on that stem appears to be 1 1/8", which is pretty much every modern treadless steerer tube.
Okay Great! Thanks. I'm new to road and gravel and have found that the technology has changed so much. I just wanted to be sure before I ordered the stem.
Old 04-10-21, 12:26 PM
Badger6
Obsessed with Eddington

Bikes: '16 Spesh Diverge, '14 Spesh Fatboy, '18 Spesh Epic, '18 Spesh SL6, '21 Spesh SL7, '21 Spesh Diverge...and maybe n+1?

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Liked 621 Times in 368 Posts
Originally Posted by Vaughan51
Okay Great! Thanks. I'm new to road and gravel and have found that the technology has changed so much. I just wanted to be sure before I ordered the stem.
Just looked at bike24.de, and it is definitely 1 1/8", which is unsurprising, since almost all modern threadless steerers are 1 1/8", or the bike is offered with a shim to make it 1 1/8" (like my Diverge).

Last edited by Badger6; 04-11-21 at 01:03 AM. Reason: grammar
Likes For Badger6: