Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Dassi Interceptor

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-20, 06:19 PM
Boerd

Bikes: Moots Vamoots RSL 2018, Passoni Titanio 2020

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 8 Posts
Dassi Interceptor vs Crumpton

My bike is an RSL Moots and I would like to also have a carbon bike. I am looking into the Dassi Interceptor and wonder if anyone around has heard or rode an Interceptor. Initially I considered a rim Pinarello F12 but the Dassi frame looks amazing; saw one at RA cycles and it looks impressive. The finish and the details on the frame scream quality but I wonder if that actually is the case.

Last edited by Boerd; 03-01-20 at 11:46 AM.
Old 02-23-20, 06:54 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4357 Post(s)
Liked 3,994 Times in 2,665 Posts
It is good to see that brand building stuff. I remember seeing a video on them a few years ago and was intrigued. You should probably get rid of that crappy Moots bike to me and you go have fun on that Dassi.

I cannot tell you if they are the next best thing in Crabons but the concept is cool and I certainly like the graphene in my Vittoria tires granted this will give different properties but if you can cut weight and add strength I am game. Especially if you start making lightweight carbon forks that can handle stouter riders that would be cool. Would love to see some of these carbon adventure forks lose some weight without sacrificing anything. Overall I liked what they were doing and the it looks like a solid bike.

Alas I am not really a carbon rider outside of forks so I probably won't be on a Dassi but I would rather ride a Dassi then the new Pinarellos. The old stuff when Big Mig was riding I could consider and also that Pink Panther Track frame is cool but Sky/Ineos has kind of turned me off to them, such a boring team and the bikes don't really excite me that much.
Likes For veganbikes:
Old 02-24-20, 12:28 AM
Boerd

Originally Posted by veganbikes
It is good to see that brand building stuff. I remember seeing a video on them a few years ago and was intrigued. You should probably get rid of that crappy Moots bike to me and you go have fun on that Dassi.

I cannot tell you if they are the next best thing in Crabons but the concept is cool and I certainly like the graphene in my Vittoria tires granted this will give different properties but if you can cut weight and add strength I am game. Especially if you start making lightweight carbon forks that can handle stouter riders that would be cool. Would love to see some of these carbon adventure forks lose some weight without sacrificing anything. Overall I liked what they were doing and the it looks like a solid bike.

Alas I am not really a carbon rider outside of forks so I probably won't be on a Dassi but I would rather ride a Dassi then the new Pinarellos. The old stuff when Big Mig was riding I could consider and also that Pink Panther Track frame is cool but Sky/Ineos has kind of turned me off to them, such a boring team and the bikes don't really excite me that much.
Will think about it ... The Moots RSL is a fantastic bike - for me it is the perfect bike. I just figured if I ever want a carbon bike then Dassi looks novel and the company seems to be legit - F1 pedigree.
Old 02-25-20, 09:05 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4357 Post(s)
Liked 3,994 Times in 2,665 Posts
Originally Posted by Boerd
Will think about it ... The Moots RSL is a fantastic bike - for me it is the perfect bike. I just figured if I ever want a carbon bike then Dassi looks novel and the company seems to be legit - F1 pedigree.
Ti is one of my two favorite material for frames. The other is steel. Plus Moots is a great manufacturer and has put out some excellent product.
Old 03-01-20, 11:16 AM
Boerd

I have a bit more data from Dassi. The bottom bracket in the frame is "Aerospace grade alloy. Machined in two interlocking halves and bonded in". My size for the Dassi would be a 54.
The geometry of Dassi would be ok except I will need around 3 cm of spacers as I'm too rigid for a 54.1 stack; I need around 57. Any advice?
Now - the 2 carbon bikes I am contemplating are Crumpton and Dassi. In short, the aesthetics of Dassi are hard to beat (de gustibus non disputandum est) - it looks almost as good as a titanium bike (joking).
However, the Crumpton is custom made and I can build it so I have no spacers or just 1 little spacer (2-3 mm). Their bottom bracket is (threaded) titanium - that's a statement of no compromise quality imo.

Last edited by Boerd; 03-01-20 at 11:44 AM.
Old 03-08-20, 10:32 AM
Boerd

LOL - I ended up ordering a Passoni Top Force. When I got the Moots I started by looking at a Trek Madone; somehow I always end up with Ti.