Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

L'Eroica and Wool Jerseys

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-15, 04:23 AM
Steeljunky

Bikes: '81 Concord Pro II, '74 Moto, '81 Raleigh 3-spd, 2015 BBF "Retro Style", '86 Gitane Champion, Trek 800 Antelope

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hey bike friends (i hope this is the right forum for this post),

curious if any of you are going to L'Eroica this weekend (or are already there) and wanted to help a guy out with a wool jersey? I am only assuming that they will be much cheaper on the ground there (maybe a false assumption) and even with shipping it would be much cheaper to get one that way. Any takers??!!

if not, some photos of the event might be nice or, if anyone has a bunch of wool jerseys they may be trying to get rid of, I could be interested. safe cycling, and enjoy the weekend!!
Old 10-02-15, 05:04 AM
bengreen79
Allez means go.

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
You might want to post in classic and vintage.
Old 10-02-15, 09:32 AM
TrojanHorse
SuperGimp

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 147 Post(s)
Quoted: 1107 Post(s)
Liked 64 Times in 47 Posts
That's kind of an unfair request to make - you're trying to save a few Euros but somebody has to go to the effort of finding a jersey for you, packaging it, shipping it and taking time out of THEIR day to get it to you, not to mention any risk of your payment failing. Just saying the difference is probably fairly represented by the difference in price.

I saw a bunch of L'Eroica signs all over Chianti this summer while cycling through. It hit me that my oldest bike ('92 Bianchi) isn't even old enough to qualify.
Old 10-03-15, 06:05 AM
Steeljunky

Bikes: '81 Concord Pro II, '74 Moto, '81 Raleigh 3-spd, 2015 BBF "Retro Style", '86 Gitane Champion, Trek 800 Antelope

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Howdy,

yes, you are right that it is probably an unfair request, but hey, gotta try! And I guess part of the reason is I think it would be cool to have from the race rather than one just from online....even though I can't actually go . Maybe sometime in the future. It looks like so much fun! Anyway, I appreciate your honesty about my question, I kinda felt bad posting it, kinda

happy riding!