Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

re:Viper MTB buyers remorse...

Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Old 03-13-21, 11:38 PM
BorgBeckBonk

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Let me preface this by saying that i am a novice bicycle assembler...mtb or other bike ....

I am experiencing buyer remorse after i bought a Viper Merduo MTB 21 speed bicycle online a while back,and just started assembling it;(spoiler alert!)..after getting it out of the shipping box i noticed the Merduo labeled front suspension fork dropouts & fork tubes are seriously twisted out of alignment and need to know if anyone else has bought a Viper Bicycle online that had similar quality control issues with their Viper bike purchase???

I long since have lost the purchase receipt (dont even know if an invoice was in the shipping box??) since it was from eBay
or other sports items shopping source so am at a loss for getting the front fork replaced under warranty...i left a message with Viper Bicycles and am waiting for their reply on whether they have a replacement fork for this model of bicycle...

Any replies appreciated where i may purchase a 26 inch front suspension fork ((the steerer is "threadless" but do not know what size:1 inch or 1.25 inch it is...?? ))with disk brake mounting option....for the Viper 21 speed MTB!!

lmk if there are any good replacement suspension fork with disk brake mount for this Viper NF Merduo MTB!!
Old 03-13-21, 11:46 PM
Darth Lefty 
Disco Infiltrator

Bikes: Stormchaser, Paramount, Tilt, Samba tandem

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 3126 Post(s)
Liked 2,102 Times in 1,366 Posts
Google struck out completely on this one. But it sounds like a pretty inexpensive department store bike, and a warranty or store return issue. I’m surprised if your email receipt wouldn’t be honored. Aftermarket stuff from a bike shop is going to be way more expensive.
Genesis 49:16-17
Likes For Darth Lefty:
Old 03-14-21, 12:30 AM
katsup

Bikes: 1995 ParkPre Pro 825 2021 Soma Fog Cutter v2 and 2021 Cotic SolarisMax

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 606 Post(s)
Liked 557 Times in 317 Posts
Make 10 posts in the introduction sub forum and post some photos.
Old 03-14-21, 06:41 AM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 3634 Post(s)
Liked 5,311 Times in 2,699 Posts
Originally Posted by BorgBeckBonk
I long since have lost the purchase receipt (dont even know if an invoice was in the shipping box??) since it was from eBay
or other sports items shopping source ....
Surely you remember where you bought it. If ebay or other legit source you'll have your credit card record. If you bought it off the back of a truck you are probably stuck. Why not take it to a shop? You wouldn't be able to replace the fork yourself even if you found one.
Likes For shelbyfv: