Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Evil The Calling

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Evil The Calling

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-21, 10:47 AM
Dreaded1

Bikes: 03 Marin Bear Valley, 1999 GT ZR2000, Raleigh M80(converted to single speed), 2017 Masi Gran Corsa disc.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Evil The Calling

This has been my dream bike for the last 2 years but hesitated on pulling the trigger. Now that I was about ready to pull the trigger, I found out Evil stopped making The Calling. I have no idea why, or if they plan on replacing it with another 27.5 bike and I currently have no desire to buy a 29. I have no idea what it is about this bike that makes me want it so bad, the name (The Calling), the color (Angry Dolphin) or the company name, Evil. Once I found out they stopped making it, no other bike has appealed to me as much as that one did. It looks like I will be riding my Marin Hawk Hill 2 until I find something new that I can't live without.
Old 03-31-21, 11:23 AM
DMC707

Bikes: Too many to list

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1765 Post(s)
Liked 1,124 Times in 746 Posts
Buy the Yeti SB130. Same design philosophy,

Don’t sweat riding 29” - 27.5” is almost done for except for 3” tire plus models
Old 03-31-21, 12:44 PM
prj71

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 2975 Post(s)
Liked 1,179 Times in 770 Posts
Originally Posted by DMC707
Don’t sweat riding 29” - 27.5” is almost done for except for 3” tire plus models
^^^This.

Where did you hear that they stopped making the Calling? I still see it on their website, but much like many other bikes, not available right now due to Covid and Supply/Demand.

If you are stuck on 27.5 check out the Ibis Mojo. Geometry is similar and it has less suspension pivots to service vs. the Evil Calling.

https://www.ibiscycles.com/bikes/mojo-4